Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why did I get negged for telling someone congratulations on getting an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcwatcher)
    i sent my one off around the same time.. have you got offers anywhere els i am sure with your grades you'll be going to a great university
    I received offers from Warwick, Lancaster and Exeter. Still waiting for KCL
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zainchawdry)
    Has anybody heard from King's offer wise... i got 21 in the LNAT but haven't heard anything.

I guess it's a good thing?
    Yes, I heard mid January.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kylee)
    I received offers from Warwick, Lancaster and Exeter. Still waiting for KCL
    What about you?
    i have offers two offers from cardiff, one from reading and am waiting on UCL i sent my application shortly before yours

yoru offers are great, i am sure KCL will offer you a place too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LazyCookie)
    In that case I probably met/saw you :P but congrats to you too
    I was the big ginger girl, if you can remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viola146)
    I was the big ginger girl, if you can remember
    I do remember a ginger girl.... were you in our little group that tried to find the women's loos but got lost? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcwatcher)
    i have offers two offers from cardiff, one from reading and am waiting on UCL i sent my application shortly before yours

yoru offers are great, i am sure KCL will offer you a place too
    Hope so, but probably I will receive rejection
    Because my LNAT is really bad, I got a really low score...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonsailorkitten)
    samee!!!

3 rejections whoop whoop !!!!!

xx
    Me too! (well, I have 2 rejections) Looks like a party for would-be students everywhere!
    Rejections are on the house!!!

Btw, got a rejection from Leeds today. :/
    Adding that to KCL rejection...
    With a Nottingham rejection pending...

Yay! I'm going to DeMontfort!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennyparis)
    people seem to forget the QUUEN MARY'S is the third BEST university for LAW!!! Go check the guardian 2011!! I mean everyone is going to bristol and so, while Queen Mary's is after Oxford and Cambridge!! And i got an offer!!!! OMG!! i AM SOO EXCITED
    I don't want to be mean, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to burst your bubble.

League tables quite frankly are a very rough indicator of the quality of a university (plus they're partly based on things like student satisfication!). You'll find that Queen Mary's isn't part of the Russell Group, which the majority of the 'leading' universities are members of. Employers will tend to prefer more traditional, redbrick unis.

Tbh tho it doesn't matter what university you go to (barring Oxford, Cambridge and maybe UCL and LSE), as long as it has a fairly decent rep and most importantly, YOU GET A GOOD DEGREE!

P.S. Queen Mary's is in the East End of London lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loxemori)
    when????
    pissing myself. did they say a reason? what were your grades and LNAT score? (anyone who just got rejected from UCL please reply to this)

I got rejected, 20 on the LNAT,
    7A*'s, 3 A's at GCSE, AAAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A*A.
    reason was my LNAT score

ReputationRep:
    I do remember a ginger girl.... were you in our little group that tried to find the women's loos but got lost? :cool:
    Yeep lol then it turned out it had been turned into a mens loo :rolleyes:
    So it seems our theory that they wern't sure whether we wanted to go there or not was wrong, maybe they thought we all deserved reduced offers so wanted to check?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from KCL. Fully expected it, to be honest.
    Life goes on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millylyd)
    I am doubtful too, I would love an offer. I only got 19 in the LNAT and my essay was pretty much non existent :P I was quite ill on the day though so I am pleased I still got above the average on the multiple choice :/ how did you do?
    Same would love an offer, aw well done! i only got 18 on the LNAT:/ not that worried about my essay though but still reckon i'll get rejected with 18

ReputationRep:
    I was truly surprised by an offer from Nottingham in my inbox earlier, which was a very pleasant way to end the day. The offer is conditional on me gaining AAB, which is even more of a shock. I'm finally free from having a knotted stomach, as I'm sure everyone here is far too familiar with.

Now I have to decide whether Durham or Nottingham should be my insurance. As such, I would be infinitely grateful for any advice or suggestions on the matter. Of course, I recognise that I’m very fortunate to be in a position to decide between the two at all, so I hope that the very existence of my tiny, trivial 'dilemma' doesn't have a negative effect on people. I would never want that.

Consequently, my sympathy and support goes to those that are still waiting for some offers or are feeling very drained due to rejection. I hope the anxiety of those waiting is taken away soon by offers, and hope that those dealing with rejections aren’t questioning their self-worth or potential given the incredibly arbitrary nature of admissions and the limited data universities utilise in order to decide. You know what you’re capable of achieving, that’s the most important factor.

I'm sure that everyone has friends and family to share with, but if anyone is struggling to keep their mind off UCAS or is generally stressed then please don't hesitate to contact me. If you need it, then I'll gladly try to help you purge worries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valindrius)
    I was truly surprised by an offer from Nottingham in my inbox earlier, which was a very pleasant way to end the day. The offer is conditional on me gaining AAB, which is even more of a shock. I'm finally free from having a knotted stomach, as I'm sure everyone here is far too familiar with.

Now I have to decide whether Durham or Nottingham should be my insurance. As such, I would be infinitely grateful for any advice or suggestions on the matter. Of course, I recognise that I’m very fortunate to be in a position to decide between the two at all, so I hope that the very existence of my tiny, trivial 'dilemma' doesn't have a negative effect on people. I would never want that.

Consequently, my sympathy and support goes to those that are still waiting for some offers or are feeling very drained due to rejection. I hope the anxiety of those waiting is taken away soon by offers, and hope that those dealing with rejections aren’t questioning their self-worth or potential given the incredibly arbitrary nature of admissions and the limited data universities utilise in order to decide. You know what you’re capable of achieving, that’s the most important factor.

I'm sure that everyone has friends and family to share with, but if anyone is struggling to keep their mind off UCAS or is generally stressed then please don't hesitate to contact me. If you need it, then I'll gladly try to help you purge worries.
    First of all, congratulations on your fantastic offers.

If it were me, I would put Nottingham down as your insurance purely due to the reduced offer. Had you received the standard AAA offer then I would have advised Durham. It is dependent on how confident you are in your abilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viola146)
    Yeep lol then it turned out it had been turned into a mens loo :rolleyes:
    So it seems our theory that they wern't sure whether we wanted to go there or not was wrong, maybe they thought we all deserved reduced offers so wanted to check?
    I think it was maybe a bit of both, though another TSR member had mentioned the reduced offer idea to me previously. Guess they're just hoping it might encourage us to go there or at least use them as insurance

ReputationRep:
    I think it was maybe a bit of both, though another TSR member had mentioned the reduced offer idea to me previously. Guess they're just hoping it might encourage us to go there or at least use them as insurance
    Worked on me They have given me a lovely insurance :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valindrius)

Congrats on the offer! that's amazing.
    Do you mind posting your LNAT, and date you sent your application off??
    Sorry to be a pain but I am so desperate to go to Nottingham and I'm still waiting plus I got a pretty awful LNAT score!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nameeti)
    I don't want to be mean, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to burst your bubble.

League tables quite frankly are a very rough indicator of the quality of a university (plus they're partly based on things like student satisfication!). You'll find that Queen Mary's isn't part of the Russell Group, which the majority of the 'leading' universities are members of. Employers will tend to prefer more traditional, redbrick unis.

Tbh tho it doesn't matter what university you go to (barring Oxford, Cambridge and maybe UCL and LSE), as long as it has a fairly decent rep and most importantly, YOU GET A GOOD DEGREE!

P.S. Queen Mary's is in the East End of London lol.
    Oh look,

Durham University
    University of Exeter
    Loughborough University
    University of St Andrews
    University of York
    Lancaster University

Aren't members of the Russell Group, they must be crap! :rolleyes:

But all, including QM, are members of the 1994 group of universities.

What a lame argument you put forward.
    The main benefit of being a Russell Group member, is the research grants members receive, considering QM has the 16th highest funding in the UK, it's not a dramatic disbenefit!

I think you will find QM is top 10 in every league table for law, and the fact is it located in the East End isn't really a drawback either; we're really close to the olympic stadium and the whole area, including the university campus, is being renovated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loxemori)
    Hi (:

Predicted:
    English A1 HL - 7
    History HL - 6
    Economics HL - 7
    Biology SL - 7
    Maths SL - 7
    French A2 SL - 7

2 bonus points

= 43/45

What about you?
    OH WOW okay mine will seem totally inadequate in comparison but I have
    English A1 HL - 6
    Psychology HL - 6
    Chemistry HL - 6
    Chinese A2 SL- 6
    History SL - 5
    Maths SL - 7
    TOK - B
    EE - A

So, 39 points total? I'm guessing you scored really well on your LNAT as well?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 9, 2011

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.