Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7thNocturne)
    UCL and QMUL offer over the moon!!
    Congratulations!! If I may ask, what is your LNAT score and grades? I've been waiting for UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *BB*)
    Hey,
    Umm, I don't know... Warwick or Notts maybe (depending what and if Notts offer me)... I know that Lancs are quite flexible with their firm offers on Results Day but I wonder if they would be on their insurance offers too...
    oh~I am just waiting for KCL, if KCL gives me offer, I probably will choose KCL and Warwick, but not sure if which one is firm and which one is the insurance.

But if KCL is not giving me an offer, I am going to firm Warwick, but I am not sure I can use lancaster as my insurance, as their grades are higher than Warwick( I know it is a bit weird....)

Probably, my rejection from KCL is on the way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yilyn)
    Congratulations!! If I may ask, what is your LNAT score and grades? I've been waiting for UCL
    Thanks my grades were 8A*'s, 3A's and a B. For AS I got 5a's, I'm predicted A*AAA for A2. My LNAT wasn't amazing, I got 20/42, I believe my ps or essay was what helped in admission to UCL.

ReputationRep:
    2 offers came through this morning:

QMUL - 36pts (HL 666)
    Warwick - 38pts

Still waiting on LSE, King's and Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'm waiting on UCL and KCL so worried. LNAT score/grades?
    IB student: 40-41 out of 42 for core, 3 out of 3 for bonus points. GCSEs: 5A*s and 4As. My LNAT is 18 though, so I'm very worried. My chances are looking really bad, but they haven't sent a rejection yet and my application was sent in mid December. Hopefully, my PS, work experience and grades will be enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko247)
    I'd just like to say that QM's reputation is not a stationary one at the current time, like most of the other universities. The direction it is heading in is up, and if anyone's reputation is going down, in my opinion it's KCL's, due to a number of problems.

I think there is a consensus amongst staff at QM that the law department is under-ranked almost everywhere, (perhaps not in the Guardian :P), but in most places, and they are actively seeking to redress that!

A number of measures are in place, and more will be coming into place to rectify this, and I wouldn't consider QM to be outside the top 10 law departments in the UK.

But it is childish to argue like this, if you disagree, fair enough, things like this can never be quantified to please everybody! It's best just to tolerate other peoples' opinions, even if you disagree
    Thank You. And everybody, I'm done with the argument, its getting old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennyparis)
    Thank You. And everybody, I'm done with the argument, its getting old.
    Yes, you're 'done with it' because I owned you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    Until you start spelling words and forming sentences correctly, I would not expect to be taken too seriously on this forum. It is bad enough that you blindly follow The Guardian's league table, let alone butcher the English language. I mean, Adam managed just fine, and he's an American .

But in all seriousness, you should probably do your research better. As a future law student, it would be a good idea to get into the habit of using multiple sources and analysing documents critically prior to studying.

Then you might just realise the depth of the mistake you are making in choosing QMUL over UCL (that is not saying that QMUL is bad in any way, just that UCL is better by a significant margin).
    You are so Childish, its crazy. You should try to argue your point better rather than attacking the arguer. So please, get back to me when you have something reasonable to say in response to my argument.

PS- I did get an offer from UCL (which I'm going to reject), which clearly shows that not only am I a smart and intelligent student, I also "get into the habit of analysing documents critically prior to studying".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nameeti)
    Yes, you're 'done with it' because I owned you.
    err, you did not "own me" as you say. I am done with the argument because I have something better to do with my time rather than wasting it arguing over what university is the best for Law. Just get a good Law degree okay, although I'm sure it would be difficult for you as your use of the English Language is outrageous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennyparis)
    err, you did not "own me" as you say. I am done with the argument because I have something better to do with my time rather than wasting it arguing over what university is the best for Law. Just get a good Law degree okay, although I'm sure it would be difficult for you as your use of the English Language is outrageous.
    Haha, the classic statement from the person who has lost an argument; 'you don't know how to use the English language.'

Well, as Cast Iron clearly recognises, it is in fact you who 'must start spelling words and forming sentences correctly' if you are going to make it in life.

I had no idea that Queen Mary's can also be spelled as 'QUUEN MARY'S.'

Furthermore, it had evaded my knowledge that the Russell Group had in fact changed its name to the 'RUSEL GROUP.'

This argument is about your use of sources; you cannot base the truth upon the belief of one source.
    To claim that 'Queen Mary's is the 3rd best university for Law' based merely on the view of the Guardian is in fact a basic critical reasoning flaw: the appeal to authority. Therefore, it is evident that your argumentative skills are riddled by errors and hence, 'I'm sure that it would be difficult for you to get a good Law degree,' regardless of what institution you attend.

Regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teaandcoffee)
    There isn't many Reading law people either! Lancaster looked nice, I was going to apply but it was too far away for me!
    i'm reading law ! but it's my backup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pick92)
    Is anyone still waiting on UCL?
    I applied on the 12th October and I did rubbish in my LNAT 17/42!
    Why is it taking them so long to send my rejection out?!
    me too i applied on 12th nov and did my lnat on 12th jan i did crap too 16 XD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pick92)
    Is anyone still waiting on UCL?
    I applied on the 12th October and I did rubbish in my LNAT 17/42!
    Why is it taking them so long to send my rejection out?!
    I'm still waiting! International student though. Applied in October as well and still haven't gotten my rejection! Scored 14/42 for LNAT so... that pretty much speaks for itself . I was wondering why it took so long to send my rejection out as well! I have no hope really...

ReputationRep:
    I got offer from both Nottingham and Warwick with only IELTS as my requirement while Durham gave me unconditional offer.

Which one to choose from?

I got 24/42 for LNAT

ReputationRep:
    UCL and QMUL offer over the moon!!
    wow ! can i just ask when you sent your application off? Thankss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_93)
    wow ! can i just ask when you sent your application off? Thankss
    I sent my application mid-November

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application mid-November
    Thanks! Congrats again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_93)
    Thanks! Congrats again
    Thanks are you waiting for QMUL and UCL? If you are then good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks are you waiting for QMUL and UCL? If you are then good luck
    Aw thank you , im just waiting on UCL and i have QM! Will you firm UCL, where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone, im starting to give up hope on Queen mary its been over 3 months!

quick question.. what is the opinion of sussex uni, in general/for law.. is it well regarded?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.