Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nameeti)
    Haha, the classic statement from the person who has lost an argument; 'you don't know how to use the English language.'

Well, as Cast Iron clearly recognises, it is in fact you who 'must start spelling words and forming sentences correctly' if you are going to make it in life.

I had no idea that Queen Mary's can also be spelled as 'QUUEN MARY'S.'

Furthermore, it had evaded my knowledge that the Russell Group had in fact changed its name to the 'RUSEL GROUP.'

This argument is about your use of sources; you cannot base the truth upon the belief of one source.
    To claim that 'Queen Mary's is the 3rd best university for Law' based merely on the view of the Guardian is in fact a basic critical reasoning flaw: the appeal to authority. Therefore, it is evident that your argumentative skills are riddled by errors and hence, 'I'm sure that it would be difficult for you to get a good Law degree,' regardless of what institution you attend.

Regards
    This.

I was trying to make this point earlier. None of us here are arguing about QMUL. Its a great uni. That point has been exhausted. The only thing nameeti and Cast.Iron are trying to point out, is your method of analysis is terrible.

Your reason for turning down UCL- Your brother was miserable
    Your reason for accepting QMUL- The Guardian put it at 3

Look, I don't have a problem at all with your selection. Its just your method of getting there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    This.

I was trying to make this point earlier. None of us here are arguing about QMUL. Its a great uni. That point has been exhausted. The only thing nameeti and Cast.Iron are trying to point out, is your method of analysis is terrible.

Look, I don't have a problem at all with your selection. Its just your method of getting there.
    precisely

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the classic statement from the person who has lost an argument; 'you don't know how to use the English language.'

Well, as Cast Iron clearly recognises, it is in fact you who 'must start spelling words and forming sentences correctly' if you are going to make it in life.

Furthermore, it had evaded my knowledge that the Russell Group had in fact changed its name to the 'RUSEL GROUP.'

This argument is about your use of sources; you cannot base the truth upon the belief of one source.
    To claim that 'Queen Mary's is the 3rd best university for Law' based merely on the view of the Guardian is in fact a basic critical reasoning flaw: the appeal to authority. Therefore, it is evident that your argumentative skills are riddled by errors and hence, 'I'm sure that it would be difficult for you to get a good Law degree,' regardless of what institution you attend.

Regards
    "Yawn"--- If you find it necessary to insult me, can you please write more effectively as I previously mentioned. Clearly you have nothing better to do with your time. And, I'm done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidslim)
    I got offer from both Nottingham and Warwick with only IELTS as my requirement while Durham gave me unconditional offer.

Which one to choose from?

I got 24/42 for LNAT
    Can anyone reply me on this?

ReputationRep:
    This.

No actually, Adam0311, my reason for turning down UCL is because I went there and I thought, I can't leave THREE years of my life here. It was a personal decision. My brother's experiences just made my decision stronger.

And although it helps that QMUL is placed at No3 for Law, that is not mainly the reason I am going to firm them. I guess its all down to your personal beliefs. I have been brought up to always believe in myself and my beliefs. And I STRONGLY feel that QMUL is the one for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennyparis)
    "Yawn"--- If you find it necessary to insult me, can you please write more effectively as I previously mentioned. Clearly you have nothing better to do with your time. And, I'm done!
    Oh, you do make me laugh 'KennyParis.'

You'll find that I write very 'effectively' indeed as I have managed, in only a few posts, to whittle your argument down to its core in order to expose the rudimentary fallacies that it contains. Futhermore, this analysis has been similarly carried out by a number of other TSR members.

You sir/madam, quite frankly, are retarded.

ReputationRep:

I had no idea that 'Queen Mary' can also be called 'Queen Mary's'

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone reply me on this?
    Go for Durham. Best one of those three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko247)
    I had no idea that 'Queen Mary' can also be called 'Queen Mary's'
    lol. You are Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kay-em)
    hey everyone, im starting to give up hope on Queen mary its been over 3 months!

quick question.. what is the opinion of sussex uni, in general/for law.. is it well regarded?
    i have been waiting nearly 5 months now, i know it is annoying but you just have to be patient...

ReputationRep:
    Go for Durham. Best one of those three.
    seriously? Why so?

ReputationRep:
    Does getting a high achiever awards from Cambridge for AS paper help in application? I mean awards like top in your country for a subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_93)
    Aw thank you , im just waiting on UCL and i have QM! Will you firm UCL, where else did you apply?
    I probably will, since it's in London and they seem to have heaps of events all year round in the arts. My other offers are Durham and Kent. LSE hasn't replied yet, they told me to wait till March. Where else did you apply? Congrats on Queen Mary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellododger)
    IB student: 40-41 out of 42 for core, 3 out of 3 for bonus points. GCSEs: 5A*s and 4As. My LNAT is 18 though, so I'm very worried. My chances are looking really bad, but they haven't sent a rejection yet and my application was sent in mid December. Hopefully, my PS, work experience and grades will be enough.
    whooo similar IB points and same LNAT score. my application was sent mid-october. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7thNocturne)
    I probably will, since it's in London and they seem to have heaps of events all year round in the arts. My other offers are Durham and Kent. LSE hasn't replied yet, they told me to wait till March. Where else did you apply? Congrats on Queen Mary
    How do you know you have to wait till March for LSE, do you phone them?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    seriously? Why so?
    I don't know how to answer this without getting negged, but here it goes:

Warwick:
    -I think Warwick is a tad overrated on this forum. This is not to say its bad. But I think its way over-hyped (there are others on here that are over-hyped but to avoid negs, I'll refrain from disclosing) .
    -Don't forget that Warwick is still a relatively new uni.
    -Its also in Leamington Spa. At least with Durham you have Newcastle 15 minutes away.
    -Warwick is pretty low on the RAE in comparison to similar caliber unis (Durham is 4th on the RAE btw).
    -The graduate employment rate for Durham is 10% higher. 30% of Warwick law grads go into general administrative positions/sales assistants within 6 months of graduation. In comparison only 5% of Durham law grads go sales assistants, and <5% go into general administrative positions.
    -Durham has a higher satisfaction rate for law (take this fwiw)
    -Durham has 500 UCAS points vs. Warwick's 465
    -40% of the course at Warwick is int'l (Durham's is 25%). The problem with this? Almost half your alumni network isn't in the UK. (On the other hand this could be advantageous if you want to work outside of the UK)

The divide between Nottingham and Durham is significantly smaller. So this would come down to personal preference. I think the advantage of Durham over Nottingham is the college system. First, this is socially beneficial. But also makes your alumni network stronger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loxemori)
    when????
    pissing myself. did they say a reason? what were your grades and LNAT score? (anyone who just got rejected from UCL please reply to this)

I was rejected on the basis of my LNAT score,
    22/42, admittedly not brilliant,
    but AAAA at AS,
    and predicted A*A*A at A2, so yea, they're pretty tough

ReputationRep:
    I got offer from both Nottingham and Warwick with only IELTS as my requirement while Durham gave me unconditional offer.

Which one to choose from?

I got 24/42 for LNAT
    DEFINETELY Durham!!!
    which college?
    i'm holding one from Collingood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp)
    LOL @ the 'cheek ****ers' part ahaha!!

Same though, but mine came through in like December
    Thanks,I thought that was a nice touch
    and bad luck on the rejection,
    but they do seem to being exceptionally harsh this year,
    so which uni are going for now?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how to answer this without getting negged, but here it goes:

Warwick:
    -I think Warwick is a tad overrated on this forum. This is not to say its bad. But I think its way over-hyped (there are others on here that are over-hyped but to avoid negs, I'll refrain from disclosing) .
    -Don't forget that Warwick is still a relatively new uni.
    -Its also in Leamington Spa. At least with Durham you have Newcastle 15 minutes away.
    -Warwick is pretty low on the RAE in comparison to similar caliber unis (Durham is 4th on the RAE btw).
    -The graduate employment rate for Durham is 10% higher. 30% of Warwick law grads go into general administrative positions/sales assistants within 6 months of graduation. In comparison only 5% of Durham law grads go sales assistants, and <5% go into general administrative positions.
    -Durham has a higher satisfaction rate for law (take this fwiw)
    -Durham has 500 UCAS points vs. Warwick's 465
    -40% of the course at Warwick is int'l (Durham's is 25%). The problem with this? Almost half your alumni network isn't in the UK. (On the other hand this could be advantageous if you want to work outside of the UK)

The divide between Nottingham and Durham is significantly smaller. So this would come down to personal preference. I think the advantage of Durham over Nottingham is the college system. First, this is socially beneficial. But also makes your alumni network stronger.

Warwick Uni's in Coventry btw not lemington Spa
    (thats not a dig or anything lol I'm just pointing it out incase people get confused)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.