The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2780
Original post by jimmyatemyworld
I have no idea how the IB works really but it's an AAA university so isn't that really reasonable?!

we have 6 subjects, extended essay, TOK and at least 150 hours of extra-curricular stuff that we have to complete. about 80% of our final grade for higher level subjects rests on the final exams so if we mess it up we're screwed ):
Reply 2781
got offers from Bristol, Notts and Manchester and waiting for SOAS... right now, I'm just so into Brizzle :wink:
Reply 2782
btw, if the track doesn't show the offer, just send an e-mail to the admissions office, they'll return you telling your offer in a day or two
Original post by CURMEH
got offers from Bristol, Notts and Manchester and waiting for SOAS... right now, I'm just so into Brizzle :wink:

Then maybe I shall see you there.

What's your offer?
Reply 2784
Original post by Potiron
Then maybe I shall see you there.

What's your offer?

I'm an international student, and we have this percentage grading system. They are asking me to get an overall %80 at the end of this year, but the thing is that my GPA is already %93, so practically it's an unconditional one which only requires me to graduate :smile:
Original post by CURMEH
I'm an international student, and we have this percentage grading system. They are asking me to get an overall %80 at the end of this year, but the thing is that my GPA is already %93, so practically it's an unconditional one which only requires me to graduate :smile:

Pretty much the same thing for me.
Reply 2786
Original post by Varethika
wow! Well done!! Congratulations.

Was that today?

Yes :smile:
This morning!
Reply 2787
Original post by loxemori
ahhhhhhhhhhh congratulations!

Thank you!!
Original post by kennyparis
No actually, Adam0311, my reason for turning down UCL is because I went there and I thought, I can't leave THREE years of my life here. It was a personal decision. My brother's experiences just made my decision stronger.

And although it helps that QMUL is placed at No3 for Law, that is not mainly the reason I am going to firm them. I guess its all down to your personal beliefs. I have been brought up to always believe in myself and my beliefs. And I STRONGLY feel that QMUL is the one for me.

UCL has the better law faculty hands down, but it's pointless going there if you'd be unhappy. Prestige doesn't reign supreme in the university experience.
Reply 2789
Original post by 7thNocturne
Thanks :smile: my grades were 8A*'s, 3A's and a B. For AS I got 5a's, I'm predicted A*AAA for A2. My LNAT wasn't amazing, I got 20/42, I believe my ps or essay was what helped in admission to UCL.

Congrats once again. When did you sent your application? My LNAT wasn't that amazing either. I'm starting to worry since I have yet to hear from them.
Reply 2790
Original post by knb3
My LNAT score was significantly worse than yours and I have an offer from Bristol! But how many GCSEs did you do?

I did 10! Have had good work experience and other extracurricular things, but were your grades etc better than mine?
Reply 2791
Original post by loxemori
hi i think you've got a pretty good shot. i only had 18 in the LNAT. good luck.

Reply 2792
Original post by yilyn
Congrats once again. When did you sent your application? My LNAT wasn't that amazing either. I'm starting to worry since I have yet to hear from them.

What did you get in your LNAT?
I got 17 and I have an offer! I guess they were able to look past it :P
Reply 2793
Original post by CURMEH
I've got an offer from Bristol for LLB. As far as I've learnt from quite a number of people, they send offers in accordance with application times. A friend of mine sent his application in October and received his offer in November. I sent mine in December and received my offer in January. So don't worry about that...

I sent mine in October :/ :/ :/ which is a bit worrying, I emailed them just to check out what was going on but they haven't replied yet. Never mind, I guess I just have to be patient!
Original post by alr
Urghh, I hate waiting!
Just out of curiosity, did you send them a mail inquiring about your application or did they just send you this?

I didn't contact them, but they sent me that email. Yeah, I hate the waiting, but I suppose I'll be more at ease since I definitely have places to go to next year even if I don't get LSE! Are you waiting for any other universities aside from LSE?
Original post by yilyn

I sent mine on the 16th of November, to be precise.
Reply 2796
Original post by KateJ
I sent mine in October :/ :/ :/ which is a bit worrying, I emailed them just to check out what was going on but they haven't replied yet. Never mind, I guess I just have to be patient!

Let us know what they say, i'm still waiting and i sent my application on 12th October.
you know in the york law interview guide they dont mention any questions based on what we wrote in our personal statement? Will they do this?
and also, how many people are actually coming with parents etc?
i'm going all aloneeeeeeeee :frown:
Original post by traceya95
you know in the york law interview guide they dont mention any questions based on what we wrote in our personal statement? Will they do this?
and also, how many people are actually coming with parents etc?
i'm going all aloneeeeeeeee :frown:

I think you will make the better impression if you go alone.
One thing university admissions tutors hate is helicopter parents that try to mould their children's career choices and push them in say, one direction, as opposed to another. The tutors, I believe, want to see independent commitment to the law rather than a parent's undying commitment to their children becoming lawyers :rolleyes:
Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp
UCL seem to be incredibly harsh :frown: Oh well though, life goes on!

Well I'm waiting for LSE at the moment - I've been put into a gathered field if that means anything. I also have an offer from QMUL but I'm not sure if I am going to take it.

How about you?

Cambridge and Durham, which will almost definetely be my firm and insurance,
still waiting on Bristol and Warwick,
I'll probably have a think about Bristol if i get it,
but am almost definetely going to turn down Warwick (I live about 25 minutes away by road)
Best of luck on LSE!!
even if they turn you down though, from what i've read on this thread, QMUL does really seem to be the up and coming place for law :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending