The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Warwick or Nottingham in terms of career prospect?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jimmy_law
Warwick or Nottingham in terms of career prospectus?

Both equally as good, definately same tier universities.

If pushed, I'd side with Nottingham having the better law department.

However, I think Warwick has more overall prestige

Looks like you're going to have to decide what is more important.
Original post by Jakko247
Both equally as good, definately same tier universities.

If pushed, I'd side with Nottingham having the better law department.

However, I think Warwick has more overall prestige

Looks like you're going to have to decide what is more important.

This is certainly my concern as Warwick is more reputable but Nottingham has a better Law department. Thank you very much.
Reply 2803
Original post by traceya95
you know in the york law interview guide they dont mention any questions based on what we wrote in our personal statement? Will they do this?
and also, how many people are actually coming with parents etc?
i'm going all aloneeeeeeeee :frown:

They will not ask any questions about your P.S.
Most people arrived with parents, they are permitted to wait with you, have their own little tour of the facilities, and are given literature on the course and university to read.

On the questions themselves, they're really open questions (for the most part) designed to see if you'd fit well in the system they have, so don't worry about not doing well, and if you don't get an offer, hey, at least you know it's probably because you wouldn't have done well in that system, rather than not being talented enough (I get the impression that if you're not extroverted enough, or at least, don't appear to be, you'd be marked down somewhat.) That's not to say you should jump in being crazy, but obviously, try not to be too nervous, and smile.

EDIT: "Most people" should probably be " a lot of people."
Original post by Jakko247
I think you will make the better impression if you go alone.
One thing university admissions tutors hate is helicopter parents that try to mould their children's career choices and push them in say, one direction, as opposed to another. The tutors, I believe, want to see independent commitment to the law rather than a parent's undying commitment to their children becoming lawyers :rolleyes:

Honestly, they don't care.
You all wait outside in a big room, and parents are welcome.

The tutors will probably not even know you've brought your parents unless you say goodbye to them on the way to the interview room.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2804
Original post by jimmy_law
Warwick or Nottingham in terms of career prospect?

Equally fantastic.

As someone said Warwick more prestige as a uni, Nottingham for Law.

Pick where you'd prefer to live.
Reply 2805
Original post by 7thNocturne
I sent mine on the 16th of November, to be precise.

Mine was sent on 18th December but I only got my welcome letters in early January. Probably due to the Christmas holidays. Guess its going to be another few weeks of waiting.
Reply 2806
Original post by pick92
What did you get in your LNAT?
I got 17 and I have an offer! I guess they were able to look past it :P

I got 21/42. I think my essay is almost hopeless. A friend with 22/42 was rejected. Hence, worrying sets in. :frown:
Reply 2807
Original post by yilyn
I got 21/42. I think my essay is almost hopeless. A friend with 22/42 was rejected. Hence, worrying sets in. :frown:

Ohno! :frown:
I think they may have read my score wrong, so I'm going to firm it quick in case they try to take it away :P
Original post by darkdithy666
Yes I have one :smile:

Excellent, I'll see you there!
Reply 2809
Original post by pick92
I think they may have read my score wrong, so I'm going to firm it quick in case they try to take it away :P

I guess your essay must have been really good and impressive. Since we don't know how we fair in our essays I bet that played a really big part too. :smile:

Can they even take it away? :tongue:
Reply 2810
Original post by pick92

your essay and personal statement must have also been really good so don't worry, they're not going to take away your offer haha (((:

do you think you could send me your PS by e-mail or PM if that exists on TSR? to prove i'm not going to steal it, i could show you mine (not that you'd want it). but i'm hoping my PS will make them be sympathetic about my awful LNAT score ^-^
Reply 2811
Original post by jimmyatemyworld
I have no idea how the IB works really but it's an AAA university so isn't that really reasonable?!

Bristol are asking for 35 IB points
Queen Mary 36 IB points
Reply 2812
I got 38 on my IB but only 16 on my LNAT, do I still have a chance at Bristol?
Reply 2813
Original post by yilyn
I guess your essay must have been really good and impressive. Since we don't know how we fair in our essays I bet that played a really big part too. :smile:

Can they even take it away? :tongue:

I sincerely hope not! :P
Reply 2814
Original post by loxemori
your essay and personal statement must have also been really good so don't worry, they're not going to take away your offer haha (((:

do you think you could send me your PS by e-mail or PM if that exists on TSR? to prove i'm not going to steal it, i could show you mine (not that you'd want it). but i'm hoping my PS will make them be sympathetic about my awful LNAT score ^-^

Yeah sure :smile:
Reply 2815
Original post by pick92
I sincerely hope not! :P

They won't! You must have deserved it in other aspects beside LNAT. :smile:
Wondering when my decision would come. I dislike the wait.
Reply 2816
Original post by yilyn
They won't! You must have deserved it in other aspects beside LNAT. :smile:
Wondering when my decision would come. I dislike the wait.

I wish they had let me know earlier, when did you send your UCAS off, mine went on the 12th of October. They made me wait almost 4 months!
Reply 2817
Original post by pick92
I wish they had let me know earlier, when did you send your UCAS off, mine went on the 12th of October. They made me wait almost 4 months!

Mine was sent off by my college on 18th Dec. Quite late compared to yours. Sat for LNAT on 8th Dec. Its almost 2 months of waiting till now. Where else did you applied to? Are you firming UCL?
Nottingham has just been firmed. :biggrin:
Reply 2819
Original post by yilyn
Mine was sent off by my college on 18th Dec. Quite late compared to yours. Sat for LNAT on 8th Dec. Its almost 2 months of waiting till now. Where else did you applied to? Are you firming UCL?

I applied to Oxford but got rejected and I have offers from Manchester, Birmingham QMUL and UCL. So I'm defo firming UCL and having manchester as my insurance :smile:

How about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending