The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
just wondering, does anyone have any idea how they start giving out offers, perhaps based on alphabetical order or sieving through applicants on the conditional and maybe lists for later ? :/
Conditional AAB for LLB Law at Bristol! Another international. :smile:
Reply 282
Law
Leicester
AAA
:biggrin:
Reply 283
UCAS sent: 2nd November 2010
Course: LLB Law (M100)

University: Southampton
Offer: Conditional - AAA
Offer recieved: 10th November 2010

University: Surrey
Offer: Conditional - ABB
Offer recieved: 10th November 2010 by email, UCAS updated on 11th November 2010

:smile:
Reply 284
Original post by rost92
just wondering, does anyone have any idea how they start giving out offers, perhaps based on alphabetical order or sieving through applicants on the conditional and maybe lists for later ? :/

I think they do them in the order that the receive them, otherwise it wouldn't be fair on the people that applied earlier.

However, I don't really know about 'maybe' lists.
Reply 285
Course: LLB Law
University: Bristol
Offer: 35 points [IB] (6,6,6 or 7,6,5 in Higher Level)

UCAS Application sent: 5th November
Offer Received: 18th November

: )
Original post by knb3
University: Bristol
Offer: 35 points [IB] (6,6,6 or 7,6,5 in Higher Level)

UCAS Application sent: 5th November
Offer Received: 18th November

: )

Are you an international applicant?
Reply 287
Original post by Cast.Iron

Original post by Cast.Iron
Are you an international applicant?

Yes I am.
Reply 288
University: Queen Mary University London
Offer: AAA Conditional
UCAS Sent: 22/10/10
Offer Received: 22/11/10
Reply 289
Original post by JH-QC
University: Queen Mary University London
Offer: AAA Conditional
UCAS Sent: 22/10/10
Offer Received: 22/11/10

well done! did you get invited to an open day first or did they make you an offer straight away?
Reply 290
Original post by Debbay16

well done! did you get invited to an open day first or did they make you an offer straight away?

Open day :smile: the admissions guy said everyone who got invited holds an offer, it just takes UCAS a while to update it. Did you go? When/ where else did you apply :smile:
Original post by JH-QC
Open day :smile: the admissions guy said everyone who got invited holds an offer, it just takes UCAS a while to update it. Did you go? When/ where else did you apply :smile:

hiya :smile:

Nice one!

Can I ask what you are predicted? and have you had any work experience?
Reply 292
Original post by JH-QC

ah lucky :smile: no i havent received one yet, slightly worried :| although is it true they have more than one open day? I applied to UCL (unsuccessful :frown: ) SOAS, Reading and Sussex, already have offers from the last two but would really want QMUL now!

ah lucky :smile: no i havent received one yet, slightly worried :| although is it true they have more than one open day? I applied to UCL (unsuccessful :frown: ) SOAS, Reading and Sussex, already have offers from the last two but would really want QMUL now!

hi, sorry to hear ucl didn't give you an offer, do ou happen to know why?
Reply 294
Original post by lfcwatcher
hi, sorry to hear ucl didn't give you an offer, do ou happen to know why?

yeah, they said my lnat wasn't good enough, luckily it was my only lnat uni so i was alright lol

yeah, they said my lnat wasn't good enough, luckily it was my only lnat uni so i was alright lol

sorry to hear that, like you said at least it was your only lnat uni,
Reply 296
Course: LLB Law with French
University: Cardiff
Offer: ABB Conditional

UCAS Sent: 13th October
Offer received: 22nd November
Reply 297
Original post by h.marie-xo
hiya :smile:

Nice one!

Can I ask what you are predicted? and have you had any work experience?

I'm predicted A*AA, got AABB at AS (severely under-performed :frown:) and had work exp and law related EC's.

Awww sorry to hear about UCL! I'm literally on edge expecting my rejection from them; when did you send your app / LNAT and when did you hear from them? Don't worry about QMUL, they hold many open days throughout the application season so I bet you'll get one :smile:
QMUL offer of AAA :smile: I'm just waiting for my next track update now...it will definitely be a rejection.
Reply 299
Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp
QMUL offer of AAA :smile: I'm just waiting for my next track update now...it will definitely be a rejection.

aha
Me to :wink:

We got in!!! :biggrin:

Latest