Law Applicants 2011 Offer Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Course: LLB Law
    University: Exeter
    Offer: AAA

UCAS sent: 1st October 2010
    Offer recieved: 19th November 2010

Only Bristol to hear from now. Right now my firm is Exeter and insurance Reading. However this might change...

ReputationRep:
    just wondering, does anyone have any idea how they start giving out offers, perhaps based on alphabetical order or sieving through applicants on the conditional and maybe lists for later ? :/

ReputationRep:
    Conditional AAB for LLB Law at Bristol! Another international.

ReputationRep:
    Law
    Leicester
    AAA

ReputationRep:
    UCAS sent: 2nd November 2010
    Course: LLB Law (M100)

University: Southampton
    Offer: Conditional - AAA
    Offer recieved: 10th November 2010

University: Surrey
    Offer: Conditional - ABB
    Offer recieved: 10th November 2010 by email, UCAS updated on 11th November 2010

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rost92)
    just wondering, does anyone have any idea how they start giving out offers, perhaps based on alphabetical order or sieving through applicants on the conditional and maybe lists for later ? :/
    I think they do them in the order that the receive them, otherwise it wouldn't be fair on the people that applied earlier.

However, I don't really know about 'maybe' lists.

ReputationRep:
    University: Bristol
    Offer: 35 points [IB] (6,6,6 or 7,6,5 in Higher Level)

UCAS Application sent: 5th November
    Offer Received: 18th November

: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knb3)
    University: Bristol
    Offer: 35 points [IB] (6,6,6 or 7,6,5 in Higher Level)

UCAS Application sent: 5th November
    Offer Received: 18th November

: )
    Are you an international applicant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    Are you an international applicant?
    Yes I am.

ReputationRep:
    University: Queen Mary University London
    Offer: AAA Conditional
    UCAS Sent: 22/10/10
    Offer Received: 22/11/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JH-QC)
    University: Queen Mary University London
    Offer: AAA Conditional
    UCAS Sent: 22/10/10
    Offer Received: 22/11/10
    well done! did you get invited to an open day first or did they make you an offer straight away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debbay16)
    well done! did you get invited to an open day first or did they make you an offer straight away?
    Open day the admissions guy said everyone who got invited holds an offer, it just takes UCAS a while to update it. Did you go? When/ where else did you apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JH-QC)
    Open day the admissions guy said everyone who got invited holds an offer, it just takes UCAS a while to update it. Did you go? When/ where else did you apply
    hiya

Nice one!

Can I ask what you are predicted? and have you had any work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JH-QC)
    ah lucky no i havent received one yet, slightly worried :| although is it true they have more than one open day? I applied to UCL (unsuccessful ) SOAS, Reading and Sussex, already have offers from the last two but would really want QMUL now!

ReputationRep:
    ah lucky no i havent received one yet, slightly worried :| although is it true they have more than one open day? I applied to UCL (unsuccessful ) SOAS, Reading and Sussex, already have offers from the last two but would really want QMUL now!
    hi, sorry to hear ucl didn't give you an offer, do ou happen to know why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcwatcher)
    hi, sorry to hear ucl didn't give you an offer, do ou happen to know why?
    yeah, they said my lnat wasn't good enough, luckily it was my only lnat uni so i was alright lol

ReputationRep:
    yeah, they said my lnat wasn't good enough, luckily it was my only lnat uni so i was alright lol
    sorry to hear that, like you said at least it was your only lnat uni,

ReputationRep:
    Course: LLB Law with French
    University: Cardiff
    Offer: ABB Conditional

UCAS Sent: 13th October
    Offer received: 22nd November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h.marie-xo)
    hiya

Nice one!

Can I ask what you are predicted? and have you had any work experience?
    I'm predicted A*AA, got AABB at AS (severely under-performed ) and had work exp and law related EC's.

Awww sorry to hear about UCL! I'm literally on edge expecting my rejection from them; when did you send your app / LNAT and when did you hear from them? Don't worry about QMUL, they hold many open days throughout the application season so I bet you'll get one

ReputationRep:
    QMUL offer of AAA I'm just waiting for my next track update now...it will definitely be a rejection.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.