Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajrabi)
    Got replies from all my choices....
    top choice was LSE, got rejected really stupid thing, predicted 40, but one 5 at HL,
    SOAS, 38 pts overall
    Queen Mary, 36, 6,6,6 HL
    Warwick 38 overall
    Southampton 36, 18 HL

really wanted to get into LSE...
    are you international student?
    so what are you firm and insurance now?
    I'm having more or less the same choices as you do and I take IB too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobfreymoo1811)
    Are you a home applicant?

Just trying to compare myself to you in trying to work out whether I'm likely to get an offer or not

What did you get at AS and GCSE?

Have you done any sort of Access course?

Sorry, please excuse the twenty questions, I'm just curious (and panicking about having not heard from them at all haha)
    Hi no worries, I was this panicked at the beginning of the week before I got my offer.
    I am from the UK and I did quite badly at GCSE A*A*AABBBBBB so they weren't so great but it was because I hadn't a clue what I wanted to then and didn't care so much :P
    my AS results were AABC but this was because of mixups with exam boards that couldn't be settled before submitting my application which was so annoying and I was terrified I wouldn't even be considered but looking overall at the module results which were: Law AA RE AA English E and philosophy AU (the U was marked up to a C but it was still likely to be wrong).

what do you mean by an Access course?
    I have had a bit of experience in a few law firms and I spent ages on my PS.

I am not sure how the system works with Notts though because I submitted my app in October but people on here who had submitted theirs way later received offers before me. Thus, don't think it matter when your application was sent.
    sorry for the obese reply to your twenty questions :P

ReputationRep:
    offer from Bristol AAA, so a possible backup 4 down, 1 to go!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dover_Beach)
    congrats!
    LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loxemori)
    congrats!
    LNAT?
    thanks
    LNAT 21, so not brilliant, but the rest of my app was pretty strong

ReputationRep:
    When did the offer come through?

ReputationRep:
    Course: LLB Law
    Been accepted to Durham (University College), QMUL, Manchester and Exeter (unconditionals since I've completed my A Levels). Waiting to hear back from King's College London

ReputationRep:
    i still haven't heard anything from any of my LNAT uni's - KCL, Nottingham and Glasgow
    but I only got 17...
    I'm hoping that cos they didn't just reject me flat out on my lnat result they're just holding all the reallyyy good offers till last and they'll be begging all over my ucas any time soon.... slim chance.
    has anyone heard from glasgow? it was going to be my back up cos its AAB but they arent replying - that'll teach me to think some uni's are safe bets lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krydel)
    When did the offer come through?
    monday night Surname starts with 'G' if you buy into the 'they do it alphabetically' idea :P

ReputationRep:
    Got all my 5 offers

LLB Law - University of Liverpool AAA
    LLB Law & criminology - University of Manchester AAA
    LLB Law & criminology - University of Sheffield AAB
    LLB Law & criminology - Lancaster university AAB
    LLB Law - Aberystwyth 300 ucas points.

first choice is manchester can't wait to get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keebamon)
    Course: LLB Law
    Been accepted to Durham (University College), QMUL, Manchester and Exeter (unconditionals since I've completed my A Levels). Waiting to hear back from King's College London
    Well done have you heard ANYTHING from kings? I haven't even had an acknowledgment, some people gave mentioned they have a log in for some wesite where they check their application?
    It's the last one I'm waiting to here from too!

ReputationRep:
    monday night Surname starts with 'G' if you buy into the 'they do it alphabetically' idea :P
    I would do, if my surname didn't begin with A

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    offer from Bristol AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cem79)
    Just firmed Bham with Notts as insurance. I feel dead lucky! I had to withdraw from Durham to do that but at least someone else will hopefully get my place now!
    I'm probably firming Birmingham! Will hopefully see you there Have you gone on an open day? What was it like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan100)
    Well done have you heard ANYTHING from kings? I haven't even had an acknowledgment, some people gave mentioned they have a log in for some wesite where they check their application?
    Thanks! Yeah, I hadn't heard anything from them at all, so I sent them an email (to the law ug admissions address given on their website) to make sure they were considering my application etc, and they replied to say that they had indeed received my application, and due to the vast numbers of applicants, they process them in batches (that's the impression that I got) and some mightn't hear back until April. So just sit tight, basically. And with that email they gave me the username & password needed to log into the Myapp service.

Where else have you applied & how were your grades & LNAT, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan100)
    Email KCL with your name, UCAS number, course that you're applying for and when you sent your application, stating that you did not receive an acknowledgment or the website login details and they'll send you an email with the login details. There were some "technical difficulties" with the emails this year apparently so some people didn't get the login details. Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliecly)
    are you international student?
    So what are you firm and insurance now?
    I'm having more or less the same choices as you do and i take ib too
    another ib student! Whoo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajrabi)
    Got replies from all my choices....
    top choice was LSE, got rejected really stupid thing, predicted 40, but one 5 at HL,
    SOAS, 38 pts overall
    Queen Mary, 36, 6,6,6 HL
    Warwick 38 overall
    Southampton 36, 18 HL

really wanted to get into LSE...
    sorry about LSE. they are really really really picky i hear. so don't worry about it (: plus you've got offers from great unis ^-^

i had a 43 predicted and my guidance counsellor discouraged me from applying to LSE ): that said, i wish i had applied now as they don't require the LNAT.

ReputationRep:
    Unsuccessful from UCL but offer from Bristol a few hours later AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kel2693)
    Unsuccessful from UCL but offer from Bristol a few hours later AAB
    congrats on bristol!

was this today ?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.