Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    I definitely agree with most of what you've said, but I bet that you wouldn't feel like that if UCL had given you an offer.
    Yeah you probably have a point, especially as people who got the same score as me got into UCL but oh well

However, I still think the LNAT is really flucky i mean people who got great scores even admitted it, after practising some of the American SAT papers and doing the Cambridge Law Test I thought they were better structured
    Even if I did end up doing well in my LNAT I think I still would have regarded it as a flawed exam.

ReputationRep:
    Im so gonna get rejected from Kings, just hoping they would make their decision already! I would love to have them as my back up!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    My personal, informed opinion is that the LNAT can suck out.
    :five:

It's a stupid test.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if Bristol have given out any rejections yet.

ReputationRep:
    King's Offer. Done. Bit sad it's all over really.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by anoushka1)
    Yeah you probably have a point, especially as people who got the same score as me got into UCL but oh well

However, I still think the LNAT is really flucky i mean people who got great scores even admitted it, after practising some of the American SAT papers and doing the Cambridge Law Test I thought they were better structured
    Even if I did end up doing well in my LNAT I think I still would have regarded it as a flawed exam.
    I still don't get why you were rejected since your LNAT wasn't insanely low and you have an otherwise perfect academic profile. :confused:

Yeah, I think that if the essay section was seen to be more important and they incorporated aspects from the LSAT/Critical Thinking exams then the LNAT would be an infinitely better aptitude test.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bramz19)
    King's Offer. Done. Bit sad it's all over really.
    Nice. :hat:

I get how you feel, man. The excitement of checking Track is no longer there.

EDIT: Your offer came through at this time?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Nice. :hat:

I get how you feel, man. The excitement of checking Track is no longer there.

EDIT: Your offer came through at this time?!? :confused:
    Track update came at 9, only checked my e-mail now hah. Tbh, I'm still mulling over giving Oxford another go next year, only because it keeps nagging away at me, so I might not be done yet. But meh, I've got time, might decide it's not worth it.

On another note, I was looking forward to firming LSE and making UCL my insurance, but I find myself apprehensive now that I can. :confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bramz19)
    Track update came at 9, only checked my e-mail now hah. Tbh, I'm still mulling over giving Oxford another go next year, only because it keeps nagging away at me, so I might not be done yet. But meh, I've got time, might decide it's not worth it.

On another note, I was looking forward to firming LSE and making UCL my insurance, but I find myself apprehensive now that I can. :confused:
    Personally, I think that it's not worth it. But of course, it's up to you. Out of curiosity, why might you reapply to Oxford?

Haha, it feels so...final when doing it on Track.

ReputationRep:
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh I'm so frustrated waiting on King's to reply! I'm so hoping for an offer, but at the same time I'm terrified of getting optimistic and being dashed if they reject me

Trying not to think about it isn't working, especially since it seems they've sent out a lot of offers in the past few days

The wait is KILLING me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loxemori)
    You didn't get an interview or you didn't go? O:

I am so regretting not applying right now ):
    i didn't want to pay the air ticket eventually .... :P
    it's ridiculously expensive!
    and most importantly, i dont think i will get in anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keebamon)
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh I'm so frustrated waiting on King's to reply! I'm so hoping for an offer, but at the same time I'm terrified of getting optimistic and being dashed if they reject me

Trying not to think about it isn't working, especially since it seems they've sent out a lot of offers in the past few days

The wait is KILLING me!
    You're not alone there! I'm waiting for an offer(hopefully)/reject from kings. Actually, I'm still waiting for replies from ucl and lse too. But my lnat wasn't too great though.

Have you received any offers from the other unis you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by budding lawyer)
    Anyone have any idea when we'll hear back from Warwick/UCL?
    Hi! I think you should be hearing smth back from Warwick soon! I just gotten an AAB offer from Warwick today actually. Expecting a rejection from UCL though ><

ReputationRep:

what was your score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2011law)
    i didn't want to pay the air ticket eventually .... :P
    it's ridiculously expensive!
    and most importantly, i dont think i will get in anyways
    ah that's a shame, maybe you could have asked them to do it on skype. always worth a shot (:

edit: maybe it's only oxford that does skype interviews, since you need to write an exam for cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loxemori)
    what was your score?
    Hey, 20 so not very good, actually quite bad lol

ReputationRep:
    I still don't get why you were rejected since your LNAT wasn't insanely low and you have an otherwise perfect academic profile. :confused:

Yeah, I think that if the essay section was seen to be more important and they incorporated aspects from the LSAT/Critical Thinking exams then the LNAT would be an infinitely better aptitude test.
    Hey thanks but there are people with better LNAT scores so it is understandable why they chose them as all our academics are pretty similar really, so I guess thats how it works

Fingers crossed that KIngs will give me an offer, gahhh its such a long wait for them............but not being too hopeful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rl1234)
    nottingham or ucl for M100? can't decide...
    I would go for UCL.

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks but there are people with better LNAT scores so it is understandable why they chose them as all our academics are pretty similar really, so I guess thats how it works

Fingers crossed that KIngs will give me an offer, gahhh its such a long wait for them............but not being too hopeful
    what does it matter. you already have cambridge and LSE and somewhere else right? ^^ do you want KCL as your insurance?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, 20 so not very good, actually quite bad lol
    I think 20 and above is quite good (: It's a shame you didn't get in. I understand your disappointment. But you have tons of other uni offers (: I only have one ):

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 9, 2011

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.