Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoushka1)
    I get the personal pride thing..........being rejected from UCL and Kings was not really the most confidence boosting experience..........probably due to my LNAT(only got 20) but I hope you get an offer so you can also reject them on my behalf haha

I know right? SO good compared to my 1.5 hour journey to school everyday now! Yeah Fitzwillaim is really nice, im so excited as well can we not fast forward to October!!!
    Yep my offer is A*AA which seems a lot harder to get now than a couple of months back but oh well.......is your offer the same?
    xx
    Haha, with pleasure! (if i do get an offer....) LNAT of 27, but I swear that was more a test of your luck than your critical analysis skills...still, what was it Napoleon said about wanting lucky generals?

Yeah I can't believe I was worrying about the town being all of a 3 minute bike ride away though, both of our colleges are on the farther out side, but you have to go to realise that's like practically next to the town in Cambridge! I imagine it seems a little further on the way back, after a long evening, uphill, but even so! & yep A*AA offer too, I'm sooo worried about actually getting it now though, I would be devastated if I got into Cambridge but missed the offer! Ah well, after January results, only a small % of the overall grade to go...means I can be confident of the As, but that A*...
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinchenko)
    Haha, with pleasure! (if i do get an offer....) LNAT of 27, but I swear that was more a test of your luck than your critical analysis skills...still, what was it Napoleon said about wanting lucky generals?

Yeah I can't believe I was worrying about the town being all of a 3 minute bike ride away though, both of our colleges are on the farther out side, but you have to go to realise that's like practically next to the town in Cambridge! I imagine it seems a little further on the way back, after a long evening, uphill, but even so! & yep A*AA offer too, I'm sooo worried about actually getting it now though, I would be devastated if I got into Cambridge but missed the offer! Ah well, after January results, only a small % of the overall grade to go...means I can be confident of the As, but that A*...
    xx
    Hehe I know a bit of both maybe?? Well in the practices I got 26 and 29 but in the real one I knew I did badly but your score is great, they would be crazy not to give you an offer !!! Much preferred the Cambridge Law Test, you actually had to be a bit more creative and had a bit more time to think

I know Cambridge is tiny, especially as I now live in London, so its going to be a huge change of scenery but I can always be home in an hour, so its all good, also we get to cycle everywhere which will be fun and so much cheaper than right now, the tube is so expensive and petrol so woo to saving money as a poor student

Hopefully we will both get in........I had no January modules, mine are all in June, so its all or nothing!!! Good Luck though for your results! Are you finding out this week? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoushka1)
    Hehe I know a bit of both maybe?? Well in the practices I got 26 and 29 but in the real one I knew I did badly but your score is great, they would be crazy not to give you an offer !!! Much preferred the Cambridge Law Test, you actually had to be a bit more creative and had a bit more time to think

I know Cambridge is tiny, especially as I now live in London, so its going to be a huge change of scenery but I can always be home in an hour, so its all good, also we get to cycle everywhere which will be fun and so much cheaper than right now, the tube is so expensive and petrol so woo to saving money as a poor student

Hopefully we will both get in........I had no January modules, mine are all in June, so its all or nothing!!! Good Luck though for your results! Are you finding out this week? xx
    Yeah I thought the real test was actually much harder, I was mid thirties in the practices...definitely preferred cambridge law test, which one did you do? I had to do comprehension version, comparing to different judgements on the same case (appeals court and house of lords). Ah ok, I live in a medium-sized town called Tunbridge Wells, about an hour south of london by train, so bit bigger than I'm used to I guess. Cycling will be fun, but it looks kinda challenging, drivers don't like cyclists much and the roads are very narrow! It's about 2 1/2 hours for me to get home from Cambridge, so I guess I won't be during term time, but I'm sure I'll go to London a bit to see friends/family. Yep! If it's reassuring at all, 20/21 offers for law at Cam get people to go, and that includes the few each year who decline, so it's only a very tiny chance you won't make your results if they've picked you, they do tend to be quite lenient with offer conditions too, with the summer pool and if you've just missed out...still, I'm VERY worried about it! Find out next week actually, I think they went pretty well, but just have to wait and see I suppose. All summer exams...that must be tricky! All-boys school, they decided we couldn't be trusted to revise for all of the syllabus at once
    xx

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=steffanie;30110993]The 22nd Which one are you?
    We applied to 4/5 of the same unis [/QUOTE

We did indeed! And I see you too have unconditional I'm going 21st/22nd - i.e 22nd @ the department. Durham is a beautiful place, (I spent the first 8 years of my life there), it would be a more typical university experience than the UoL colleges I think. Which college are you at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riever86)

We did indeed! And I see you too have unconditional I'm going 21st/22nd - i.e 22nd @ the department. Durham is a beautiful place, (I spent the first 8 years of my life there), it would be a more typical university experience than the UoL colleges I think. Which college are you at?
    I'm at Josephine Butler The furthest away from the law department, yaay haha.
    I really like Durham, I think I'd prefer living there to London as well. I'm fond of the whole old, pretty, traditional city thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Aliza)
    i sent my application at the start of November.....was your offer conditional? I'm relying on my January exams for the offer *Hopes*
    Yeah it was conditional for ABB...I'm still waiting for some unis so I know how you feel. Maybe you should email/call them and ask them what stage your application is at??

ReputationRep:
    just been rejected from UCL, i wish they had told me sooner!

ReputationRep:
    Just been rejected from Durham. Waiting on Warwick and Bristol. Do we know if they have sent out alot of offers yet and does this mean that anything from now on is more likely going to be a rejection rather than an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DM17)
    Just been rejected from Durham. Waiting on Warwick and Bristol. Do we know if they have sent out alot of offers yet and does this mean that anything from now on is more likely going to be a rejection rather than an offer?
    sorry to hear that mate, i see you have applied to bristol like me, how do you rank there law school and the university as a whole?

ReputationRep:
    Just emailed bristol about offers taking so long for Law, will let any interested people know how the reply goes when i get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcwatcher)
    me too ! virtually the same time :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsexygyalx)
    me too ! virtually the same time :/
    sorry to hear that, i am sure you have some other uni offers, where els have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. Was it because of LNAT? How's your other choices going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yilyn)
    Sorry to hear that. Was it because of LNAT? How's your other choices going?
    yh i think it was the lnat i only had 19 :/, i have 3 offers and am just waiting on bristol now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinchenko)

xx
    I know!!!
    I'm in exactly the same position with the A*s (Queen's offer)
    the thing that really annoys me is the fact that our AS results mean S*** all,
    so i could potentially end up getting 89% in my subjects and missing it!!
    which january results are you waiting on?
    I did my history exam in December, which is 60% of the course,
    and have 37/40 in the cwk, so this couuuuuld potentially be my ticket into cambridge!!!
    It's gonna be a tense 9 days waiting

ReputationRep:
    yh i think it was the lnat i only had 19 :/, i have 3 offers and am just waiting on bristol now
    Good luck for Bristol. I'm sure you will get an offer. My LNAT was 21 and I got rejected from UCL too. Guess they have really high expectation for LNAT.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick offer!
    Law with Year Abroad
    AAA/c
    So happy - haven't had any news since December!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yilyn)
    Good luck for Bristol. I'm sure you will get an offer. My LNAT was 21 and I got rejected from UCL too. Guess they have really high expectation for LNAT.
    thanks yh i don't get the point of the LNAT the rest of my application was great and if i got an interview i would have convinced them that i had the ability to do but i suppose it just wasn't ment to be, time to get the grades

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Warwick. Words can't express how happy I am after 2 rejections!!!! The offer is 3 A's and a C at AS or EPQ.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Guys.

Got an offer from Warwick today too! AAAc or AAAD.

But don't really want to end up there, would be my third choice should I get an offer from KCL.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 9, 2011

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.