Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krydel)
    I'm more annoyed than upset really. I went on the Bristol summer school and the people there told me that anyone who went on the summer school was highly likely to get a place, and a good chance of a reduced offer. A flat out rejection i was not expected at all.

I have emailed for decision feedback, will you try and find out too, or?
    so am i! i'm really annoyed. yeah, i emailed them as soon as i received the rejection to ask them the reason. i'm pretty sure it's my lnat though, because i did reallyyy badly in it. how did you do in it? :\ i just sent you a message by the way !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1mg7)
    so am i! i'm really annoyed. yeah, i emailed them as soon as i received the rejection to ask them the reason. i'm pretty sure it's my lnat though, because i did reallyyy badly in it. how did you do in it? :\ i just sent you a message by the way !
    My LNAT was 19, i forgot to mention it in the message.

I know a friend who got aabbc at AS and AAAA predicted at A2, along with 17 LNAT score and got a AAB reduced offer, so i'm guessing they weight a lot on Personal Statements.

ReputationRep:
    My LNAT was 19, i forgot to mention it in the message.

I know a friend who got aabbc at AS and AAAA predicted at A2, along with 17 LNAT score and got a AAB reduced offer, so i'm guessing they weight a lot on Personal Statements.
    Ohh, it can't have been your lnat then, as I know someone who got an offer from there with 19. Hmm, hopefully they'll reply to our emails soon so we can find out the reason! Thank you for your help by the way

ReputationRep:
    So far:

UEA: Offer
    Leicester: Offer
    Queen Mary's: Still Waiting
    Bristol: Still Waiting
    Nottingham: Rejection

ReputationRep:
    Bristol Rejection.
    Aw bummer :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawology)
    I applied to Warwick expecting to get rejected to be honest
    My grades aren't very good at all:
    Gcse's - 1A*, 4A's, 4B's and 1c.
    AS (English, History, Law and Psychology) - AABC
    Predictions - AAAA

I think the main reason they rejected me was my GCSE's and the fact I had no work experience and I didn't really mention why I wanted to do law in my PS.

If I were you I wouldn't be too worried - Warwick are notoriously slow! And in this case, no news is probably good news since they've been sending out rejections this last week! Good luck!
    dayummm ! just think that they're missing out on a good student my ucas got processed on the 12th of november so i've been waiting for a while now :/
    i didn't think warwick cared so much about gcses; a lot of the people on here with warwick offers have an assortment of grades in their gcses :/ quite worried now... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fisayo16)
    Hey. Sorry about your kcl rejection. What are your grades and predictions like and when did you apply please?
    i was sort of expecting it tbh, with an lnat score of 16..:/

gcses: 3A* 9A
    AS's: AAAAB
    A2 Predictions : AAAA
    & I already have an A in Chinese

ReputationRep:
    Recieved unconditional for Law (Single Honours) from Keele...is single honour same as a law M100 degree from Trent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinchenko)
    Nope! & obviously my ps and reference can't have been that bad, or everywhere else wouldn't have accepted me...the reason they gave was that they had a lot of applicants and they couldn't accept everyone who met their standards etc. etc....I don't really mind, though, no chance I'd have been going there given my other offers! Much prefer Durham as an insurance choice.
    I got rejected from them too and got the same reason after them making me write an extra essay for them This selection thing seems soo random, but it's true that there are far too many people applying this year!

Good luck everyone though! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawology)
    Oh! Maybe they liked the whole beagle/lipstick thing then Although I think this year it will be harder to get into any course without the required entry grades, letter or no

I loved the look of the course as well. It looks much more 'hands-on' than traditional law courses, so to speak. I'm glad that it's being viewed favourably by the law firms at the moment, since it isn't unknown for them to be just a little snobby and traditionalist!

But yes, I think I'm going to firm it, getting rejected from Warwick yesterday helped me make up my mind! It's out of York and Leicester but I'm now almost certain I'll pick York, I think I'll get more out of a course there - not only in terms of the depth of my legal knowledge but also in terms of confidence and stuff...
    Sorry about your Warwick rejection but you have your York offer so it will certainly make your decision easier. I am still waiting on York and Warwick and starting to imagine two rejections as I did not receive the said York letter hence the interview could not have been good. I have an offer like you from Leicester and will attend the open day next week if I don't get York so hope I hear one way or another soon. More waiting and module results next week, what joy!

ReputationRep:
    Wooooo, don't know what made me check track. I have just got offered York. That's 4/5, I am thrilled!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lis10)
    Sorry about your Warwick rejection but you have your York offer so it will certainly make your decision easier. I am still waiting on York and Warwick and starting to imagine two rejections as I did not receive the said York letter hence the interview could not have been good. I have an offer like you from Leicester and will attend the open day next week if I don't get York so hope I hear one way or another soon. More waiting and module results next week, what joy!
    Well, at the York interview they told me that I'd hear from them by the end of March so if they told you the same I shouldn't worry. Do you mind me asking if you were interviewed on the Tuesday or Thursday? I know a few people who had interviews and one who was interviewed on the Tue and 2 who were interviewed on the Thur are still waiting to hear from them. Apparently the letters were only given to 20 or so people so I shouldn't look too far into it!

I went to a Leicester open day on Saturday, I actually really liked it there, and they have really goodback from students as to the teaching standards and course structure. I'll probably firm York but in the unlikely scenario that worst come to worst for you and you don't get offers Leicester's still a fabulous University and you'd by no means be selling yourself short by going there!

I think the waitings definately the worst part, you're right! Ah, module results - how I hate thee...My resit forms are at the ready

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from glasgow on monday night first of my lnat uni's to reply and the offer is AAB
    i got 17 on my lnat so kcl and nottingham are pretty much no hopers
    but I've got offers from Southampton and Newcastle too for AAA
    just really want kcl and notts to reply i'm dying to know!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoushka1)
    Haha I see you are a little pedantic
    (Original post by bramz19)
    A spelling mistake? On an internet forum? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO.
    lol sorry to be an arse

I only did it because I saw you were a Cambridge offer holder! congratz to both of you on your offers by the way.

ReputationRep:
    FOR ALL WARWICK LAW FIRMERS!
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post30143056
    Please come and have a chat
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Mann18)
    My mum was watching a news report about tops unis potentially adopting £9000 fees; they then showed the Guardian league table to illustrate which unis are top in the UK. When my mum saw that Warwick was 3rd, she said "I don't see Nottingham anywhere there" to which I snappily retorted "Well I put Nottingham as my insurance so too bad".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlobberDobber)
    St Catz and yesss A*AA offer, I assume the same for you? Can I add you on facebook? I'll mail you my name :P
    Ooh well done! and done it already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High As A Kite)
    lol sorry to be an arse

I only did it because I saw you were a Cambridge offer holder! congratz to both of you on your offers by the way.
    Hehe its cool, its so tempting to do that to people on TSR just because it pisses them off so much

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    My mum was watching a news report about tops unis potentially adopting £9000 fees; they then showed the Guardian league table to illustrate which unis are top in the UK. When my mum saw that Warwick was 3rd, she said "I don't see Nottingham anywhere there" to which I snappily retorted "Well I put Nottingham as my insurance so too bad".

:rofl:

You should have said "The Guardian league table (for Law at least) looks like it was written by two llamas high on paint thinner."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinchenko)
    Unless that university is in clearing/extra/adjustment at that time, almost certainly not...assuming you mean after you've got your summer exam results? In which case you can only enter clearing if you either have not met the conditions of your firm & insurance choice OR you held no offers/declined all offers/didn't find a place during extra. Adjustment also happens after summer exams, this allows you to 'trade up' universities if you're actual grades are higher than the offer for your firm choice (though only 400 people found places in adjustment last year). The advantage of this is you don't lose your original offer whilst you are looking. Sorry if this is all a bit non-specific/not in enough detail, but you need to ask a more specific question to get a more specific answer!
    hey haha sorry if i was not specific. im an international student so i took the A levels. I have offers from Bristol and Notts but got rejected by UCL and KCL so i was wondering if in the event that my actual grades (which are coming out tomorrow!) were really good, could i email UCL/KCL to ask them to reconsider my application. would it affect my UCAS application in any way? Would this be considered as Adjustment?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.