Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kay-em)
    hi there, can anyone give me an overall picture of sussex university? does it have a good reputation? will recieving a good degree from this uni put me in good stead for a job at a top law firm?... i never see any discussion about sussex on any of the forums, which makes me wonder about its reputation?
    Sussex's law department does seem quite good, I have a friend doing law there. Personally I can't stand the campus.

This has been asked before, but Warwick or Bristol?

I'm thinking of just withdrawing from Warwick. Is it worth getting the extra reference they want and then waiting some more?

ReputationRep:
    So the waiting game is now over, ended with a final rejection from UCL, but oh well i say, i just need to get the grades and get myself into LSE in October..

Loads and loads of luck to all those still waiting to here, i am glad to now be free of the incessant email checking! Will be firming LSE and insuring Queen Mary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_93)
    So the waiting game is now over, ended with a final rejection from UCL, but oh well i say, i just need to get the grades and get myself into LSE in October..

Loads and loads of luck to all those still waiting to here, i am glad to now be free of the incessant email checking! Will be firming LSE and insuring Queen Mary
    Sorry about your rejection from UCL and KCL. What was your LNAT score?

ReputationRep:
    I am applying through extra for law... Do i have a shot at a career at the Bar with a Sheffield or QMUL law degree? Help would be much appreciated guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkles11)
    I am applying through extra for law... Do i have a shot at a career at the Bar with a Sheffield or QMUL law degree? Help would be much appreciated guys.
    Not sure that the people here will really know. You could try making a thread about it in the Law forum, then people with better knowledge on your question could answer

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd pick QMUL over Sheffield
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Potiron)

I'm thinking of just withdrawing from Warwick. Is it worth getting the extra reference they want and then waiting some more?
    You've got to bear in mind that they're two completely different unis: Warwick is quite isolated, whereas Bristol is in quite a vibrant city.

Reputation wise, they're roughly on a par, so your final choice should be on factors other than "prestige".

ReputationRep:
    got my LSE offer today - A*AA.

Will decline it though, for sure. Partly because they took so bloody long to reply, and partly because I'll (hopefully won't fail) be going to Oxford. WHOO =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    You've got to bear in mind that they're two completely different unis: Warwick is quite isolated, whereas Bristol is in quite a vibrant city.

Reputation wise, they're roughly on a par, so your final choice should be on factors other than "prestige".
    Cheers for the reply. That was basically what I thought, and I think I prefer Bristol to Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kationo4ka)
    got my LSE offer today - A*AA.

Will decline it though, for sure. Partly because they took so bloody long to reply, and partly because I'll (hopefully won't fail) be going to Oxford. WHOO =D
    Same position as you, when you gonna firm oxford? I might just do it soon to give others a chance?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think QMUL is in UCAS Extra.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham vs. Exeter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEVK)
    Nottingham vs. Exeter?
    Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmy_law)
    Nottingham
    and why? I mean in terms of University life and reputation etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEVK)
    and why? I mean in terms of University life and reputation etc..
    Exeter is probably more sporty. Nottingham is a more sociable uni. For Law, I would personally say Nottingham has a better reputation. Both good univerisities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEVK)
    Nottingham vs. Exeter?
    Exeter

ReputationRep:
    Sussex's law department does seem quite good, I have a friend doing law there. Personally I can't stand the campus.

I'd say Warwick, unless you're dead set on a career in Law, then either is fine.

I'd think a degree from Warwick would be viewed better than one from Bristol in other professions, golden triangle and all that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    I'd say Warwick, unless you're dead set on a career in Law, then either is fine.

I'd think a degree from Warwick would be viewed better than one from Bristol in other professions, golden triangle and all that.
    Interesting...food for thought. I think I'll try and get the reference they want and see what happens and postpone making any decisions.

Thanks for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting...food for thought. I think I'll try and get the reference they want and see what happens and postpone making any decisions.

Thanks for the reply.
    No worries, you obviously couldn't go wrong with either university, but just a point.

EDIT: Should note, Warwick isn't actually in the Golden Triangle (I thought it was ) but as a university, it's more prestigious than Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    Queen Mary has an excellent law department, top 10 in most league tables and has good reputation overall...I'd pick QMUL....

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 9, 2011

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.