Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    WARWICK VS NOTTINGHAM

Ideally for entry to the Bar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Safety K)
    WARWICK VS NOTTINGHAM

I'd go for Nottingham - it's always been higher ranked in the various League Tables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pp93)
    I'd go for Nottingham - it's always been higher ranked in the various League Tables.
    Would it really make that much difference? I was leaning towards Warwick..... Now i'm not sure again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Safety K)
    WARWICK VS NOTTINGHAM

Warwick has a better reputation as a whole but I think that Nottingham's Law department is slightly better? Tbh I think a degree from either would offer you great job prospects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tericon)
    Would it really make that much difference? I was leaning towards Warwick..... Now i'm not sure again
    There isn't much of a difference between the two - they're both amazing unis. I've applied to both, and I have personally felt more inclined towards Nottingham. I think either would place you in good stead for a career at the Bar, but at the end of the day, it's where you think you'll enjoy the most.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford (Jesus College) LLB - Rejected post-interview (booooo)
    Nottingham LLB (w/ snr status) - Unconditional (Right on!!)
    Exeter LLB (w/ snr status) - Unconditional (Woohoooo!!)
    QMUL LLB (w/ snr status) - Still effin waiting innit
    East Anglia LLB w/ American Law - Rejected (oh well)

WTF QMUL, get on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeBateleur)
    Oxford (Jesus College) LLB - Rejected post-interview (booooo)
    Nottingham LLB (w/ snr status) - Unconditional (Right on!!)
    Exeter LLB (w/ snr status) - Unconditional (Woohoooo!!)
    QMUL LLB (w/ snr status) - Still effin waiting innit
    East Anglia LLB w/ American Law - Rejected (oh well)

WTF QMUL, get on it!
    I've been waiting for QM to reply for five months now!

Do you reckon this is a good or bad thing, because i can't figure it out :/ It would be horrible to get a rejection after waiting for so long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yilyn)
    Sorry about your rejection from UCL and KCL. What was your LNAT score?

Lol thanks, i didn't check my lnat although the reason from UCL was my lant, so im assuming its the same for King's, hope it helps, did UCL give a reason for your rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SanaAfzal)
    I've been waiting for QM to reply for five months now!

Do you reckon this is a good or bad thing, because i can't figure it out :/ It would be horrible to get a rejection after waiting for so long
    Sorry to hear that, but it could be good or bad, there's just no way of knowing! It simply means they haven't made their minds up yet. I waited the same length of time before getting a UCL rejection last week, at the same time as people who waited equally as long got offers, there's just no way of telling...it DOES mean that your application is still under consideration, as they'd tell you as soon as they'd decided for sure. So, just keep fingers crossed and try not to worry about it! There's nothing you can do to change it, it's all in their hands now...I know, that's easier for me to say than do...but, they should be replying for the last time soon. Most places will reply by the end of March, so your torment will hopefully not last much longer.

ReputationRep:
    How good is Bristol for Law?

Any current students or anyone with any knowledge would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_93)
    Lol thanks, i didn't check my lnat although the reason from UCL was my lant, so im assuming its the same for King's, hope it helps, did UCL give a reason for your rejection?
    Nope at least not yet. I emailed them but they have yet to reply. It is coming close to 2 weeks now since the rejection. I'm hoping they would review my application since there is some recent achievements in my academics. Emailed them about the updates but my rejection came in before I received any reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yilyn)
    Nope at least not yet. I emailed them but they have yet to reply. It is coming close to 2 weeks now since the rejection. I'm hoping they would review my application since there is some recent achievements in my academics. Emailed them about the updates but my rejection came in before I received any reply.
    Ah my predicted grade increased a few days before i received my rejection from UCL as well. And they never even bothered to reply to my email telling them of the change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhea45)
    Ah my predicted grade increased a few days before i received my rejection from UCL as well. And they never even bothered to reply to my email telling them of the change
    Oh well their 'I don't care attitude' is quite annoying. :mad: I'm hoping they will reply soon. LSE and KCL did an amazing job replying in less than 24 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional from UCL, eeeeeeeeeeeeeek

ReputationRep:
    congratsss!! what grades did you get and what did you get in your lnat? when did you send your application off? i'm still waiting! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B.angeL_x)
    congratsss!! what grades did you get and what did you get in your lnat? when did you send your application off? i'm still waiting! lol
    Was this to me?
    I wasn't sure, so I thought I'd check before I answered them all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loxemori)
    yaaaay congratulations!
    thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tericon)
    Warwickkkkkk
    In subject league tables Warwick has been higher for Law than Notts. But go on whether you'll be happy there League tables aren't the be all and end all. I was in love with Notts but got rejected, Warwick was my next choice, even though according to stats Warwick was better than Notts.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with a pending ucl /lse/ kings decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffanie)
    Unconditional from UCL, eeeeeeeeeeeeeek
    Congratulations!

See you there next year (grades permitting and presuming UCL will be your firm).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.