The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by viola146
*hyperventilates* what time did the email come?

Original post by Tericon
Congratulations!!! :biggrin: When did they send the email? Not heard a peep.... :P

It came at 18.44 today :smile: Don't know if it makes a difference (I might be being stupid) but my surname begins with a B so maybe they're doing them alphabetically? Good luck guys, I'm sure they'll be along tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 381
Original post by anoif_
It came at 18.44 today :smile: Don't know if it makes a difference (I might be being stupid) but my surname begins with a B so maybe they're doing them alphabetically? Good luck guys, I'm sure they'll be along tomorrow! :smile:

Well done! My surname's W.....I'm gonna be on hotmail all day tomorrow.....
Reply 382
Original post by anoif_

Mine's B too!!!! *panic* Just have to wait till tomorrow I guess :P
Reply 383
Well done! My surname's W.....I'm gonna be on hotmail all day tomorrow.....

Ah well hopefully it'll come early on tomorrow so you don't develop a hotmail addiction :p: I've been absolutely lost these past few days because I'm in New York and don't have internet on my Blackberry like normal so have had to wean myself off my email!
Reply 384
Original post by Tericon
Mine's B too!!!! *panic* Just have to wait till tomorrow I guess :P

I'm Law with LSE so that could be different? Either way don't worry - I do love TSR for stalking but it's made me absolutely panic at some people getting interviews only to get one a few days later! Sure you don't need the luck but good luck anyway! :smile:
Reply 385
Original post by anoif_
Ah well hopefully it'll come early on tomorrow so you don't develop a hotmail addiction :p: I've been absolutely lost these past few days because I'm in New York and don't have internet on my Blackberry like normal so have had to wean myself off my email!

I've set my phone to text me if an email is from certain people or contains certain words :colondollar:
Reply 386
I've set my phone to text me if an email is from certain people or contains certain words :colondollar:

Haha - wish I'd thought of that! I'm sure it'll be good news - good luckkkk! :biggrin:
also got an oxford interview for law and french law at st hugh's :smile: scary
Reply 388
Original post by lw:)
Lancaster AAA Law LLB

haven't heard from York

York Law isn't in the league tables because it has only been doing law for a few years, so it hasn't got the feedback needed to be top in the table yet.

Hey! Congrats on Lancaster! I've got an acknowledgement from York.. :/
How many days did your Lancaster offer take to come through? And did they send an acknowledgement letter/email?
Ahhhh I'm soooo impatient! :smile:
Reply 389
Original post by amydee:)
Hey! Congrats on Lancaster! I've got an acknowledgement from York.. :/
How many days did your Lancaster offer take to come through? And did they send an acknowledgement letter/email?
Ahhhh I'm soooo impatient! :smile:

Yeah i got an acknowledgement from York but nothing on the interview shiz
a week since I sent my UCAS for Lancaster with no acknowledgement, they send the offer through a letter and dont update track for a week or so :smile:
UCL
LLB
Conditional AAA

Interview invitation at Oxford (Brasenose)!

Today's been a great day!! :smile:
Reply 391
interview for law at LMH , got transferred from St Anne's. what are the chances of securing a place now? seems like many here got the interview too , is it true that roughly 50% of applicants are invited for the interview?
Original post by coldstab
seems like many here got the interview too , is it true that roughly 50% of applicants are invited for the interview?

Yes. I went to an info session and an Oxford Law prof said they only wanted to interview 50%. Maybe TSRians are just unusually well represented!
Reply 393
Original post by coldstab
interview for law at LMH , got transferred from St Anne's. what are the chances of securing a place now? seems like many here got the interview too , is it true that roughly 50% of applicants are invited for the interview?

"Applications shortlisted for interview: 53.8%,
Successful applications: 18.7%"

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/courses/law_jurisprudence/law_4.html

(I checked too.)

So, the success rate of those who are invited to interview is around 35% I think.
Reply 394
Original post by Mann18

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/courses/law_jurisprudence/law_4.html

(I checked too.)

So, the success rate of those who are invited to interview is around 35% I think.

yeah saw that statistic at the oxford website, wasn't sure about the 18.7 coming from total applicants or applicants that got an interview
Original post by Mann18

(I checked too.)

Anyone know similar stats for Cambs? I was going to ask if they interview everyone that applies but surely that would be luuuuuudicrous!! :redface:
Reply 396
Original post by Mann18

(I checked too.)

yea i came across that statistic too, but wasn't sure whether 18.7 % from total applicants or applicants shortlisted for interview.
Reply 397
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Anyone know similar stats for Cambs? I was going to ask if they interview everyone that applies but surely that would be luuuuuudicrous!! :redface:

It'll be close to 90%, maybe even 95%.
They interviewed everyone from my college who applied, whereas Oxford did not.

Check their website though.
Reply 398
why do the mod have to approve my post if i quoted someone?

anyway , i came across that statistic too. but wasn't sure whether the 18.7 comes from total applicants or shortlisted applicants. hmmm
Reply 399
coldstab
X TSR has informed me that you quoted me, but it's not showing the post, so if you wanted to say something, you'll have to say it again :colondollar:

Latest