Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lis10)
    Still waiting ...
    if you get an offer will you firm it?

ReputationRep:
    Who is waiting to hear for Law from LSE??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knb3)
    - Its a better university
    - Law faculty is much nicer
    - Law at Bristol = more prestige
    - Social life!

Just that, a few of my friends who went to Exeter, say its a bit of a bore.... Maybe its just my bias?

Why exeter though?
    It's only marginally better though isn't it? And again with prestige, it's only a small difference?

I just don't like the city, it's way too big and industrial and I like Exeter cause it's a small, quiet city yet still has everything. The campus is sooo nice as well... Yeah Law faculty could be nicer but it's not bad...

Ahh..think i'm gonna firm it, i just don't knoww!

ReputationRep:
    Course: English and Spanish Law LLB
    University: Kent
    Offer: AAB conditional

Course: Law and International Studies LLB
    University: Surrey
    Offer: ABB conditional

Course: Law( with sandwich year in industry)LLB
    University: Nottingham Trent

Course: Law and spanish law and language LLB
    University: Hull

Course: Law LLB
    University: Oxford Brookes
    Offer: BBB conditional

pretty happy bunny DD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderingstar123)
    Course: English and Spanish Law LLB
    University: Kent
    Offer: AAB conditional

Course: Law and International Studies LLB
    University: Surrey

Course: Law( with sandwich year in industry)LLB
    University: Nottingham Trent

Course: Law and spanish law and language LLB
    University: Hull

Course: Law LLB
    University: Oxford Brookes
    Offer: BBB conditional

pretty happy bunny DD
    Well done! Where are you planning on going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *BB*)
    Hello,

All those with offers for Law courses at the University of Warwick who have or are very likely to firm Warwick, please come join the 'University of Warwick Law Firmers 2011' Thread.

Also, how many people are still waiting to hear back from Warwick for law?
    i really really really want warwick !! but still waiting although feeling pretty negative as im not applying with A-Levels

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if it is possible to switch courses after an offer is being made?
    I want to change my law course with a year study abroad to a normal 3-year course, does it work?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Warwick today! Now I just need to get those grades haa...

Good luck everyone with your offers and A levels etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentalsquirel)
    Rejected from Glasgow on Friday and from Edinburgh yesterday, but thankfully have an unconditional to Dundee so thank god . I also heard today that the Edinburgh law school received over 750 applications for 35 spaces they offered this year, so yeahhh...
    Where did you hear that from? Can it really be only 35 places? I mean, according to Edinburgh's admissions stats, altogether 149 students accepted their offers last year.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them... Hopefully it's not a rejection! I'm very sorry for yours

ReputationRep:
    unconditional from manchester! still waiting replies from QMUL, Exeter and Birmingham..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2011law)
    does anyone know if it is possible to switch courses after an offer is being made?
    I want to change my law course with a year study abroad to a normal 3-year course, does it work?

Thanks!
    Which university?? Some will have strict rules about this, try checking FAQs on faculty website, others you may just need to give an email. Can't hurt to ask, in any case! Why would you want to change, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rtzj00)
    Same position as you, when you gonna firm oxford? I might just do it soon to give others a chance?
    whoaa sorry wasn't visiting TSR for a while.

Firmed Oxford just a week ago, in order to get going with my Student Finances Application. Had to withdraw my King's College application though. I will never know what they said

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacrimosa)
    Well done! Where are you planning on going?
    thanks, planning on kent as its my highest offer, i already live in kent so its my nearest and ive loved it every time i visit

picking an insurance is the hard bit

ReputationRep:
    Just been rejected from Edinburgh :/ so just waiting on Warwick now... I have a bad feeling about it though. Ah well...

ReputationRep:
    I have just firmed Cambridge and insured Durham .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    My choices too! Which colleges?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinchenko)
    My choices too! Which colleges?
    Awesome! Homerton for Cambridge (they fished me from the Pool ) and Collingwood for Durham (whose college I purchased 11 pints from and assorted spirits on Monday night). How about you?

Are you Vincent from the Facebook page?

(Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    :thumbsup:
    Indeed :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Homerton for Cambridge (they fished me from the Pool ) and Collingwood for Durham (whose college I purchased 11 pints from and assorted spirits on Monday night). How about you?

Haha, yes, I am! So you can already see I'm Fitz (pool too) & Chad's...so, fun & very educational open day then? I was more enjoying Jimmy Allens' £1 J-bombs and £1.80 triples, but there we go! Ample propping up of college bar beforehand of course, would have been very rude not to...fairly certain there was somewhere after that too, but I don't quite recall...

ReputationRep:

Indeed :holmes:
    How was the open day?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.