Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoif_)
    YAY! I'm PM you at some point so at least I'll know someone before we get there (if you don't mind!)
    No of course I don't mind you've also got UCL interview on the 15th like me haha. I guess we're in direct competition hehee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantelligent)
    No of course I don't mind you've also got UCL interview on the 15th like me haha. I guess we're in direct competition hehee

Ah well I've no option but to kill you :p: (please don't think I'm a psycho!) Would still be nice to not turn up and be a loner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hagler)
    Thanks ! I sent off on about the 14th october I think, so pretty close to the Oxbridge deadline . Of course not, my predicted grades are 3A*s, 1A ! Whether I get them or not depends on whether I start doing any work this year though !

Congrats ! Good luck with your Oxford application too!
    OMG my predicted grades are the same and thanks, but Oxford rejected me. What can we do? Maybe it wasn't meant to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahx04)
    Hey i'm new to student room, just seen your Warwick offer! Are you a home student or international? If you don't mind me asking did you get your offer through Track or post? Am getting worried as sent my application off on 8th October and have only had an acknowledgement from Warwick!! :confused:
    Thank you!
    Hi, don't worry, I'm international so that might be why I've heard a little bit sooner I received my offer through track (though this is usually how I'm notified of my offers since I'm international and the post would take a while!).
    Don't worry, I'm sure good news is on the way

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, appreciated ! And it is, I'm so damn relieved haha!

I sent off on the 14th October, and got the offer on 26th November.

Are you applying there? If so, good luck!
    Thanks!
    Yeah I'm applying there too- sent off UCAS 15th october!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabriela)
    OMG my predicted grades are the same and thanks, but Oxford rejected me. What can we do? Maybe it wasn't meant to be
    I'm sorry to hear that! With predicted grades like that I can only wonder why, seems very harsh.

I'm sure the LSE offer must have made you feel a little better though !

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that! With predicted grades like that I can only wonder why, seems very harsh.

I'm sure the LSE offer must have made you feel a little better though !
    It sure did! I just hope I get offers from my other 3 choices now :rolleyes:

Good Luck with your interview and choices!

ReputationRep:

Appreciated, thankyou! And best of luck with the rest of your applications too !

ReputationRep:

Ah a fellow LSE law offer!
    I kinda want to make a LSE specific Law offers thread in the LSE forum as I'm so excited and want to chat to others, without dragging the mood down for those yet to hear. Would you join the thread if I did this? Or is it a silly idea :P?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellrosk)
    I kinda want to make a LSE specific Law offers thread in the LSE forum as I'm so excited and want to chat to others, without dragging the mood down for those yet to hear. Would you join the thread if I did this? Or is it a silly idea :P?.
    Not sure if there would be much point, but I'm excited enough to join anyway

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from both Oxford and Warwick.
    I think it was because of my grades and a level subject choices.
    GCSE: 1.5 A's + 10 B's
    A2: LAW: A
    AS: Philosophy: A Soiciology: A Psychology: B

However i have got offers from Keele (360 points) and also University of Sheffield (AAB)
    Just waiting to hear back from the university of nottingham now.
    Feeling really negitive, and think most likely it is going to be a rejection, like Warwick and Oxford
    Any views on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waza_11)
    I got rejected from both Oxford and Warwick.
    I think it was because of my grades and a level subject choices.
    GCSE: 1.5 A's + 10 B's
    A2: LAW: A
    AS: Philosophy: A Soiciology: A Psychology: B

However i have got offers from Keele (360 points) and also University of Sheffield (AAB)
    Just waiting to hear back from the university of nottingham now.
    Feeling really negitive, and think most likely it is going to be a rejection, like Warwick and Oxford
    Any views on this?
    to be perfectly honest it was a bit foolish applying to oxford- you're right your GCSE grades aren't excellent and sociology and phsychology are pretty weak a levels. Law and philosophy aren't a whole lot better: I think Oxbridge sepcify that you have to have at least two of maths, english, sciences, history and languages to be considered.

Oh well, at least you have two offers from good uni's, not to worry too much. I'm also waiting on Notts, I think they're gonna be ages.....

ReputationRep:
    Course: Law M100
    University: Hull
    Offer: ABB Conditional

UCAS sent: 4th Nov 2010
    Offer received: 15th Nov 2010

Course: Law M100
    University: Sussex
    Offer: AAB/A*BB Conditional

UCAS sent: 4th Nov 2010
    Offer received: 25th Nov 2010

I'm really hoping to hear from Warwick or Kings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellrosk)
    Sounds like a good idea to me Of course I will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maka9)
    Hi, don't worry, I'm international so that might be why I've heard a little bit sooner I received my offer through track (though this is usually how I'm notified of my offers since I'm international and the post would take a while!).
    Don't worry, I'm sure good news is on the way
    Thank you, I hope so! Where else have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

First time posting on this site
    Ummm, heres whats happening with my application:
    UCAS sent: 14th October

Course: LLB Law
    University: Queen Mary, University of London
    Offer: AAA (not specified in what subjects)
    Offer: 19th November

Course: LLB Law
    University: LSE
    Offer: A*AA (not specified in what subjects)
    Offer: 26th November

I've also got an interview at Oxford (Trinity College).
    I'm still waiting on King's College and Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)
    thanks other choices cambridge (interview) lse (rejected) ucl and warwick!

A*A*A* predicted, and 6 A* 4 A 1 B at gcse

how about you
    Congratulations on cambridge interview and Queen Mary offer! (:
    If you don't mind, could you please tell me when you applied, and when you heard back from Queen Mary's? I applied QMUL as well and haven't heard anything yet hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahx04)
    Thank you, I hope so! Where else have you applied to?
    I've applied to Cambridge (Magdalene), LSE, UCL, Warwick and Southampton. I've got offers from Warwick and Southampton but haven't heard back from LSE and UCL yet. Cambridge interview on the 8th-- quite nervous!
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldstab)
    Warwick for law . AAB . Second choice
    Congratulations! International I presume?

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't received any reply from Oxford (St Hilda's) except for acknowledgement... Anyone else? :/

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.