Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    Your powers have failed you my child.

You see, I was lying all along! I've never met him! He's been dead for ages! You silly person!

/sarcasm

But yeah, not a fan of the waistcoat personally. I assume it looks good on you though if you're pushing it so hard :p:
    Blast!

Well, it looks better on me than a jumper . I think I may just go with the waistcoat-less suit though because the other is getting a bit tatty/small.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ufochaffeuress)
    Thank you for your consideration.

1. Yes, my personal statement has included things like work experience in a physics laboratory, but shouldn't that, along with internships in the legal field add a little more interest. Why hadn't I applied for physics then? I've just used that experience to show an interest in another subject as well. Also, I've used my PS that got me a place at the UNIQ Summer School for this UCAS application.

2. Possibly though all the tutors there said that they would realise that people have bad days and low LNAT scores do happen.

3/4. No media studies thank you very much. Maths, f. maths, bio, chem, phy, geo, music, politics, chinese, gen. studies, critical thinking, sociology. Law is a multidisciplinary subject. Surely wider knowledge of a range of areas be some kind of advantage and they've indicated that they are not biased against subject choices.

5. Yes, I have changed my mind many times before finally arriving to a certainty with law - from geography to geophysics to music to medicine and then to law.
    Maybe it's because with 5 Bs in AS, they think your predictions are not realistic? (no, I'm not a stalker, I was just curious )
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by lw:))
    jw if we can leave this to an offer thread and discuss on the discussion thread, I just want to see what offers have been given out today and they are hard to find.

Sorryyyy to winge
    YESSS!!

Somebody else as obsessive and moany as me! :woo:

Now everybody clear out of here! Myself included! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Queen Mary offer!
    UCAS Processed: 8th November 2010
    Offer received: 30th November 2010

I'm not sure yet what grades but they emailed me saying they are offering me a place

ReputationRep:
    No it isn't. I enjoy knowledge and believe that different subjects should have equal preference, and I have many extra-curricular activities from being in the British Youth Council to doing piano performance advanced diplomas. I am really devastated when I was rejected from Oxford. I am from a school that is very low in the league tables and my parents are working class. I've worked so hard to achieve a good set of grades and become a well-rounded person. A gap year is coming. I'm going to do medicine instead of law. Succeeding at law these days is too skewed to the upper middle class families and the government at the moment is greatly increasing the social gap. I give up.

Ahh this is probablyyy going to be the most annoying post for everyone but you've gotta allow it as this is my first ever post here!

I just wanted to say that the idea you've been rejected because of your working class background is absurd! I did pretty badly in my AS with ABBBB, but still got an interview at SEH for law and I can pretty much guarantee it's because of my working class background and difficult home circumstances.

And in the most non-offensive way ever but your phrasing sounds a bit broken and imperfect so maybe your PS wasn't coherent enough for law?

AGAIN SORRY I AM LEAVING THE OFFER THREAD FOREVER! haha

ReputationRep:
    University: Exeter (Exeter Campus)
    Offer: Conditional (AAA)
    UCAS sent: 10th November
    Offer received: 15th November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alys_p)
    got an interview at SEH for law
    sfriday and I have interviews there too.

See you there!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh this is probablyyy going to be the most annoying post for everyone but you've gotta allow it as this is my first ever post here!

I just wanted to say that the idea you've been rejected because of your working class background is absurd! I did pretty badly in my AS with ABBBB, but still got an interview at SEH for law and I can pretty much guarantee it's because of my working class background and difficult home circumstances.

And in the most non-offensive way ever but your phrasing sounds a bit broken and imperfect so maybe your PS wasn't coherent enough for law?

You definitely need a new pair of glasses or something. Did I actually state that Oxford rejected me due to my working class background or did I simply imply that they should have taken my circumstances into more consideration? And quit being such a headless prick when a blog like this is in no way similar to something you would submit in a personal statement. You need to read properly before making stupid assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    You definitely need a new pair of glasses or something. Did I actually state that Oxford rejected me due to my working class background or did I simply imply that they should have taken my circumstances into more consideration? And quit being such a headless prick when a blog like this is in no way similar to something you would submit in a personal statement. You need to read properly before making stupid assumptions.
    The only possible response to that is LOL.

ReputationRep:
    :confused:
    The only possible response to that is LOL.
    Glad you find humour in what I've said.

ReputationRep:
    University: Brunel
    Offer: Conditional (AAB)
    UCAS Sent: 19th November
    Offer Recieved: 30th November

My first offer so pretty happy

ReputationRep:

Aye, as Mann18 said, I have an interview at SEH too- see you there! only 3 of us, i'm still looking for more people so i don't look like a loner next weds

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heffendy)
    in UK I'm still waiting on King's, LSE, and Oxford. I assume my King's and Oxford app is dead because my LNAT was terrible.
    and I'm applying to a couple of schools in the US and Canada,
    same here
    I don't count much on LSE though coz it's just unpredictable.
    I assume you're international applicant, where are you from?
    I'm applying to schools in US and Canada, what a coincidence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hagler)
    First sign of activity on track since I sent the damn thing and...

Durham Law Offer!

That was a bit of a shock, I didn't think they'd be rolling these out until the new year! I'm not complaining :dance:.
    This is incredible! When did you apply?
    If you don't mind, what GCSE's did you get and what are you predicted at A level?

ReputationRep:
    Course: Law with Advanced Studies
    University: UCL
    Offer: AAA
    UCAS sent: 1st October
    Offer: 1st December

ReputationRep:
    Southampton offer 3As
    UCAS sent 23 October
    Received 5 November

Manchester offer 3As
    Received 14 November
    Kent offer AAB

I'm still waiting on Queen Mary and Nottingham...
    My AS grades were AAAB and my predictions are A*A*AA
    For those that did get an offer from queen mary shall i be worrying cause they received my application since 23rd of October..??? =///

ReputationRep:
    ...UCL Offer !!

AAA

Sent 14th October, received 1st December.

Well done to you too, bramz19!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hagler)
    ...UCL Offer !!

AAA

Sent 14th October, received 1st December.

Well done to you too, bramz19!
    Well done mate!

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be quite a few Law offers coming through today! Good luck everyone

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.