Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)
    ohh well done what were your grades? I just got a rejection from them
    If you don't mind me asking, did it say why you were rejected? I really want to go to UCL but I know I messed up on my LNAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)
    ohh well done what were your grades? I just got a rejection from them
    Awww sad to hear that

errrm...GCSEs were A* A* A* AAAAA BBBB

AS: AABC - C in critical thinking, the B was 5 UMS from an A so retaking the coursework

Predicted: A* A* A, predicted B in the AS I'm taking alongside it (but that prediction is based on GCSEs and mine were crap so that's why)

I'm guessing I got lucky on the LNAT

ReputationRep:
    Yay...just got an offer from Manchester for law!! Fabulous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judgejohndeed)
    Awww sad to hear that

errrm...GCSEs were A* A* A* AAAAA BBBB

AS: AABC - C in critical thinking, the B was 5 UMS from an A so retaking the coursework

Predicted: A* A* A, predicted B in the AS I'm taking alongside it (but that prediction is based on GCSEs and mine were crap so that's why)

I'm guessing I got lucky on the LNAT
    Hey, don't want to discredit your achievement what so ever, but you have to sympathise with me. I have 6A* 4A at GCSE, 4 A's at AS, 3A* predictions yet I've been rejected from both UCL and LSE. I'm not too sure what else I am supposed to do,

but well done anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcozza)
    If you don't mind me asking, did it say why you were rejected? I really want to go to UCL but I know I messed up on my LNAT.
    they gave no reason, apparently my application was great, but too many applicants, I'm getting really sick and tired of this whole process, just looking forward to doing my Cambridge interview, maybe they'll see my potential, apparently 100% in most AS modules doesn't cut it anymore, trying not to be bitter but getting quite annoyed now!

good luck anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)
    they gave no reason, apparently my application was great, but too many applicants, I'm getting really sick and tired of this whole process, just looking forward to doing my Cambridge interview, maybe they'll see my potential, apparently 100% in most AS modules doesn't cut it anymore, trying not to be bitter but getting quite annoyed now!

good luck anyways
    Well you have to sympathize with me: I got 13 A stars at GCSE- all proper subjects,
    4 A's at AS for English, Latin, Physics and Economics and preidicted A*A*A* and got a very good ps and reference like way above average, with loads of national prizes in my ps and have had no reply from lse, ucl, kcl bristol and Im ******* nervous about Cambridge interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rtzj00)
    Well you have to sympathize with me: I got 13 A stars at GCSE- all proper subjects,
    4 A's at AS for English, Latin, Physics and Economics and preidicted A*A*A* and got a very good ps and reference like way above average, with loads of national prizes in my ps and have had no reply from lse, ucl, kcl bristol and Im ******* nervous about Cambridge interview.
    no reply is faaar different from a rejection though my friend :P but ye good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)
    Hey, don't want to discredit your achievement what so ever, but you have to sympathise with me. I have 6A* 4A at GCSE, 4 A's at AS, 3A* predictions yet I've been rejected from both UCL and LSE. I'm not too sure what else I am supposed to do,

but well done anyway
    Your grades are only part of your application. Have you tried to contact them for feedback?

ReputationRep:
    manc uni offer woooo
    UCAS Processed: 22nd November 2010
    Offer received: 2nd December 2010

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)
    no reply is faaar different from a rejection though my friend :P but ye good luck
    Ye but i will probs be rejected due to my bad lnat tho lol so i would prefer to be rejected now than later.
    I probs got 18/42 on the lnat max- i worked my score out and my essay was ****E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)

but well done anyway
    Must have been the personal statement/reference that did it. Loads of people with good grades apply, it's the statement that separates them.

ReputationRep:
    i noticed a lot of people have applied to a lot of the same unis as me.

my situation is:

LSE- Offer
    Queen Mary's- Offer
    Oxford (Trinity) - Interview
    King's College - No reply as of yet
    Nottingham - No reply as of yet

my UCAS was sent on October 14th. if you've applied to LSE or Queens and have not heard from them, maybe you should give them a ring? provided you know you're grades and overall application is a strong one, i think this might be a good idea, since neither are lnat unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)

good luck anyways
    Wow. I'd be bitter too to be honest. Unlucky about UCL, just get into Cambridge and prove them wrong . When's your Cambridge interview and what college have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcozza)
    Wow. I'd be bitter too to be honest. Unlucky about UCL, just get into Cambridge and prove them wrong . When's your Cambridge interview and what college have you applied for?
    thanks but the interview is going to be reallly tough :P it's next thursday at St John's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viola146)
    Your grades are only part of your application. Have you tried to contact them for feedback?
    yes lse said "your gcse's were not good enough" it's just so annoying, and as for my personal statement, it was pretty good I think. I basically read a load of books and applied them to my charity trip to Africa and what I witnessed, plus work experience, a little bit of extra curricular and just generally well written and looked over by a couple of cambridge graduates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)
    yes lse said "your gcse's were not good enough" it's just so annoying, and as for my personal statement, it was pretty good I think. I basically read a load of books and applied them to my charity trip to Africa and what I witnessed, plus work experience, a little bit of extra curricular and just generally well written and looked over by a couple of cambridge graduates!
    Reading books, charity trips, extra curriculars does not guarantee a passion for Law will come across. The personal statement isn't to convey how much you've done, but how passionate and motivated you are by the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellrosk)
    Reading books, charity trips, extra curriculars does not guarantee a passion for Law will come across. The personal statement isn't to convey how much you've done, but how passionate and motivated you are by the subject.
    This. I didn't read any books or do any work experience or charity work; nor do I do a crippling amount of extra-curricular stuff. It's all about the right tone and a solid reason behind your passion.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    It seems that everyone has started getting offers... I submitted my UCAS application on 20th September but I've yet to receive any offers. I applied to Cambridge, UCL, KCL, LSE and Notts. Could it because I'm an international applicant? For those who have heard from UCL, when did you take the LNAT?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bramz19)
    This. I didn't read any books or do any work experience or charity work; nor do I do a crippling amount of extra-curricular stuff. It's all about the right tone and a solid reason behind your passion.
    Might as well get a mod to merge this thread with the discussion thread since everybody is treating this like the discussion thread... :rant:

Anyway, I would disagree and say that reading books does show passion. Obviously not reading books doesn't mean you don't have passion, but taking time to read around the subject and discover what it's like means that you're dedicated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Might as well get a mod to merge this thread with the discussion thread since everybody is treating this like the discussion thread... :rant:

Anyway, I would disagree and say that reading books does show passion. Obviously not reading books doesn't mean you don't have passion, but taking time to read around the subject and discover what it's like means that you're dedicated.
    Haha, sorry

Oh for sure, reading around the subject can definitely show dedication but, as Bellrosk said, it's not enough to read x amount of books etc. and assume that you will definitely get a place; it doesn't guarantee anything. More important is trying to get across a good, solid reason for your desire to study a subject.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.