Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    Got a rejection from Warwick
    Sorry to hear that! Mine is probably on its way.. When did you send your app off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JH-QC)
    Sorry to hear that! Mine is probably on its way.. When did you send your app off?
    My application was sent off on 22/10/10 and I got my rejection yesterday, I was quite disappointed though not suprised as Warwick was an ambitious choice. Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DM17)
    Sorry to hear about your rejection, when did you apply/find out about it?

Are international students and people doing IB hearing first for some unis?
    i only heard from Warwick..that's all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knb3)
    Yes, a few of my friends and I have offers from Bristol...and I know a couple of people with offers for Warwick.
    Hey, are you a domestic student?

If so, do you mind if I ask what your GCSEs, AS' and A2 predictions are?

Just nervous because I applied to Bristol .

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that!

May I ask what your predictions and academics are like? I've applied to Warwick and it was sent on the 2nd of November and I haven't even had an acknowledgement yet!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about that.

I also got a rejection too.

What were your GCSE grades?

And you AS grades and Subjects?

If you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I am also getting nervous about Warwick. I got 40 IB predicted, but I kind of..choose the wrong course ( with year abroad in English instead of just Law). When does Warwick ussually send offers?

Also I got an offers from Kent:

Course: Law with Spanish
    Offer: 33 IB points in general, or 17 at Higher

Also:
    I got a rejection from Cambridge, and LSE ( in feedback they said that my PS did not demonstrate interest in subject).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maka9)
    Hi there
    Thanks!
    Here is the breakdown:
    HL: Physics, English, Economics
    SL: Maths, History, French
    Predicted: 45

Hope that helps

Predicted 45, oh my lord. Thats the highest prediction iv'e heard of, no wonder they want you, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I sent off my application on 22nd November to the following universities:
    University of Warwick
    Kings College, University of London (LNAT)
    University of Birmingham (LNAT)
    University of Sussex
    University of East Anglia

Received an offer from Birmingham (AAA) on the 6th December

Has anyone heard from Kings College yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeynabjackson)
    Hi,
    I sent off my application on 22nd November to the following universities:
    University of Warwick
    Kings College, University of London (LNAT)
    University of Birmingham (LNAT)
    University of Sussex
    University of East Anglia

Received an offer from Birmingham (AAA) on the 6th December

Has anyone heard from Kings College yet?
    Nobody will hear from King's til at least January, but they are notorious for handing out late replies so expect to hear around Feb/ March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JH-QC)
    Nobody will hear from King's til at least January, but they are notorious for handing out late replies so expect to hear around Feb/ March
    Actually my friend's heard from kings but she was unsuccessful and is predicted A*A*A they told her its because she didn't get a B in the extra AS subject they need. she sent her application off 4 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calannra)
    Birmingham took a month and a half to reject me
    You should feel special! they took 8 days to reject me so at least they looked at your application sooo yeh fun times I really wanted to go there but suprisingly i'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be, but any news is good news for me atm because I can't stand waiting!!
    SOOOOOO 1 down 4 to go :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melis10)
    You should feel special! they took 8 days to reject me so at least they looked at your application sooo yeh fun times I really wanted to go there but suprisingly i'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be, but any news is good news for me atm because I can't stand waiting!!
    SOOOOOO 1 down 4 to go :banghead:
    sorry to hear that you got rejected, but I am also kinda glad I am not the only one to be rejected! my LNAT was too bad, they told me I got 10/42. Ouch. What are your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calannra)
    sorry to hear that you got rejected, but I am also kinda glad I am not the only one to be rejected! my LNAT was too bad, they told me I got 10/42. Ouch. What are your other choices?
    Surrey, Essex, Oxford Brookes and Birmingham City .. Not really prestigious but I desperately want to study Law what about you where have you applied?
    I have a horrible feeling my LNAT was awful but I haven't got feedback from Birmingham yet, and I only changed back to them at the last minute because I thought I didn't stand a chance before! I should have listened to myself oh well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waza_11)
    Sorry to hear about that.

I also got a rejection too.

What were your GCSE grades?

And you AS grades and Subjects?

If you don't mind me asking?

My GCSE's aren't all that I just got A's B's and C's and my A level subjects are English Language & Literature, Government & Politics and Sociology and I was predicted A* A B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willtang3000)
    Sorry to hear that!

May I ask what your predictions and academics are like? I've applied to Warwick and it was sent on the 2nd of November and I haven't even had an acknowledgement yet!
    Don't worry Warwick take pretty long to reply! My predections were A* A B, obviously not good enough for Warwick but I wasn't surprised they rejected me, good luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melis10)
    Surrey, Essex, Oxford Brookes and Birmingham City .. Not really prestigious but I desperately want to study Law what about you where have you applied?
    I have a horrible feeling my LNAT was awful but I haven't got feedback from Birmingham yet, and I only changed back to them at the last minute because I thought I didn't stand a chance before! I should have listened to myself oh well!
    Reading (going there next year!), Keele, Hull and UEA. I'm happy I didn't choose another LNAT Uni, I was tempted to put Nottingham of Durham down, good thing I didnt!

Don't worry about it, whats done is done. I probs shouldn't of been cocky and assumed I would achieve around mid-marks in the LNAT as I did last year

Good luck with your other choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    Hey, are you a domestic student?

If so, do you mind if I ask what your GCSEs, AS' and A2 predictions are?

Just nervous because I applied to Bristol .

Hey! Sorry, I'm an Intl. student...

My GCSEs:
    5 A*s, 2 As, 2Bs,

I do IB:
    Predicted 40 points

The A-Level equivalent is 5 As !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knb3)
    Hey! Sorry, I'm an Intl. student...

My GCSEs:
    5 A*s, 2 As, 2Bs,

I do IB:
    Predicted 40 points

The A-Level equivalent is 5 As !

Damn it, don't do that to me !

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry Warwick take pretty long to reply! My predections were A* A B, obviously not good enough for Warwick but I wasn't surprised they rejected me, good luck with your application.
    My predictions are also A*AB so I'm getting on the edge now. I'm giving them a call just to double check they have my application anyway as I'm slightly paranoid about not receiving atleast an acknowledgement yet .

Thanks again!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.