Law Applicants 2011 Offer Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LookAliveSunshine)
    Hey, first time on here!
    Apply for law at Cardiff, Exeter, Durham, Keele and Bangor
    Predicted A*AA in History, English lit and RS
    UCAS sent on 30 of November
    Recieved offers from Bangor (280 points) and Exeter (AAA)

Has anyone heard from Durham yet?
    Hi and I am still waiting for Durham. By the looks of things we could b waiting until january-thats when most people get an offer from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambermax)
    Hi and I am still waiting for Durham. By the looks of things we could b waiting until january-thats when most people get an offer from there.
    There are three people in this thread that have got an offer from Durham, one being an international applicant. My heart sinks each time another offer comes through for Durham and I still have a blank space next to 'Durham University' on track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kylee)
    I received an offer from exeter as well
    congraz
    well done! Is it one of your main choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knb3)
    Thanks! Go to school in Hong Kong...yourself? You have an offer from them yet?
    No not yet I only applied like 5 days ago. I went to the UWC in Britain. I'm on a gap year at the moment. Where else have u applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfriday)
    I don't know. I thought the interview with Prof Briggs was the one I did best in, but the general consensus was that Mr Lee was the 'easy' interview - but I thought it was awful! I don't think I'll get in, but then again, I'm not sure I actually want to go there now! Definitely felt quite out of place. How about you? And yeah about being pooled - strange..
    I thought the interview with Mr Lee went best. Professor Briggs asked some difficult questions, which I now think I absolutely messed up. I talked about basic and extra considerations and used them to defend my point of view, but now I'm not so sure the article didn't state the exact opposite to what I was saying it said, wouldn't mind reading the CoA summary again. With Mr Lee, there were no wrong answers, and I thought I answered his coffee questions well. I was just surprised I wasn't asked much at all about my PS.

And I agree about feeling out of place. I thought the college was nice though, and really, if Oxford offers you place, you can't really turn it down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pepperpocky)
    Course: LLB Law M100
    University: Bristol
    Offer: ABB
    UCAS Sent: 28 September
    Received: 10 December
    ABB? How the devil have you been given such a low offer?

Are you an International Student?

ReputationRep:
    First offer:

University: Leicester
    Offer: AAA
    UCAS Sent: 16 November
    Received: 1 December

Predictions are A*AAA. All the Exeter offers are making me worried! How much longer do i have to wait. arghhh!

Anyone else applied to Leicester for Law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbdwyer)
    First offer:

University: Leicester
    Offer: AAA
    UCAS Sent: 16 November
    Received: 1 December

Predictions are A*AAA. All the Exeter offers are making me worried! How much longer do i have to wait. arghhh!

Anyone else applied to Leicester for Law?
    Hello. I also have a conditional offer from Leicester for Law (M100)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pepperpocky)
    University: Bristol
    Offer: ABB
    UCAS Sent: 28 September
    Received: 10 December
    Well done! Thats an amazing offer. Are you an international student? Clearly I was wrong in thinking Bristol didn't start making offers until January..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    ABB? How the devil have you been given such a low offer?

Are you an International Student?
    THIS.
    Srsly, wtf. I'd...do weird stuff for that kind of offer!
    What grades? If your domestic or doing A levels.

EDIT: I see you are from HK and I saw your grades. Still, nice offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    I thought the interview with Mr Lee went best. Professor Briggs asked some difficult questions, which I now think I absolutely messed up. I talked about basic and extra considerations and used them to defend my point of view, but now I'm not so sure the article didn't state the exact opposite to what I was saying it said, wouldn't mind reading the CoA summary again. With Mr Lee, there were no wrong answers, and I thought I answered his coffee questions well. I was just surprised I wasn't asked much at all about my PS.

And I agree about feeling out of place. I thought the college was nice though, and really, if Oxford offers you place, you can't really turn it down.
    Which college were you at? I was going to send you a message before I went there to see if we could meet up there, but I thought that would probably be pushing it!

How do you feel it went though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LookAliveSunshine)
    well done! Is it one of your main choices?
    no :P
    it is my insurance choice
    I received an offer from warwick today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roweena37)
    Thanks Yes, I'm international..

I got an offer from Warwick too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    Which college were you at? I was going to send you a message before I went there to see if we could meet up there, but I thought that would probably be pushing it!

How do you feel it went though?
    St Edmund Hall, you?

Yeah, it might have been difficult depending on what time your interviews were.

I had two, one at 10am, the other at 12pm, so I could have left at 12:20, as I didn't have another interview (no-one did at my college, but I think one person was "pooled" to ours. How about you?

The interviews themselves varied, I felt one went well, the other went not so well. I'm pretty sure I messed up at least 2 points in the more important one, and that's likely to be all she wrote.

How about you? Do you think you did well?

And in the event we both get in, we can always go for a celebratory drink in freshers :p: Although, apparently, "most Law students spend the majority of their time in the library." So maybe it'll have to be an especially quiet drink.

ReputationRep:
    St Edmund Hall, you?

Yeah, it might have been difficult depending on what time your interviews were.

I had two, one at 10am, the other at 12pm, so I could have left at 12:20, as I didn't have another interview (no-one did at my college, but I think one person was "pooled" to ours. How about you?

The interviews themselves varied, I felt one went well, the other went not so well. I'm pretty sure I messed up at least 2 points in the more important one, and that's likely to be all she wrote.

How about you? Do you think you did well?

And in the event we both get in, we can always go for a celebratory drink in freshers :p: Although, apparently, "most Law students spend the majority of their time in the library." So maybe it'll have to be an especially quiet drink.
    I was at Keble - no one got pooled at all. I doubt there were any pools for Law, but loads of people got third interviews; which can either be very good, or very bad.

As for my interviews, I'm not entirely sure what to think of them; the discussions with the tutors were interesting and engaging from my perspective, but I doubt I said anything they didn't already expect to hear

I don't feel like I 'messed up' exactly because the questions were so difficult to respond to, but I don't feel that I endeared myself to them very much. One of the tutors did seem somewhat impressed by something I said at some point (I can't remember what), but after that, he just gave me the same blank look.

The other people at my college seemed intelligent so I'm guessing they are going to pick who they feel they would enjoy teaching the most - so it's totally up in the air!

IF I get in, I would love the celebratory drink - but that's unlikely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    I was at Keble - no one got pooled at all. I doubt there were any pools for Law, but loads of people got third interviews; which can either be very good, or very bad.

As for my interviews, I'm not entirely sure what to think of them; the discussions with the tutors were interesting and engaging from my perspective, but I doubt I said anything they didn't already expect to hear

I don't feel like I 'messed up' exactly because the questions were so difficult to respond to, but I don't feel that I endeared myself to them very much. One of the tutors did seem somewhat impressed by something I said at some point (I can't remember what), but after that, he just gave me the same blank look.

The other people at my college seemed intelligent so I'm guessing they are going to pick who they feel they would enjoy teaching the most - so it's totally up in the air!

IF I get in, I would love the celebratory drink - but that's unlikely!
    I hope they bases places on who they got on with, my tutor and I were laughing at how I summed up my description of my favourite book "It's a little bit better than Harry Potter." Did you get a third interview too?

Keble? Keble is amazing, the only "actual red brick."

Well, regardless, good luck, and hopefully we'll go for that celebratory drink in October :p:

EDIT: Also, were there very many people at your interviews? Last year, there were 9 places at SEH, but just 22 people were interviewed at my college, so if there are still 9 places, that's pretty sweet.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I hope they bases places on who they got on with, my tutor and I were laughing at how I summed up my description of my favourite book "It's a little bit better than Harry Potter." Did you get a third interview too?

Well, regardless, good luck, and hopefully we'll go for that celebratory drink in October :p:

EDIT: Also, were there very many people at your interviews? Last year, there were 9 places at SEH, but just 22 people were interviewed at my college, so if there are still 9 places, that's pretty sweet.
    I'm rooting for you to get a place! Mine didn't go as well as I'd wanted them to so I'm being really pessimistic ATM.

ReputationRep:

I didn't get a third interview. There were 23 people at Keble; competing for 8 places - so the competition is immense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    I'm rooting for you to get a place! Mine didn't go as well as I'd wanted them to so I'm being really pessimistic ATM.
    Ha, I also would quite like for both you and I to get a place :p:

I think being pessimistic is the best outlook anyway, then, if you don't get it, it's not as crushing a blow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    I didn't get a third interview. There were 23 people at Keble; competing for 8 places - so the competition is immense!
    23/8= 2.875

So, roughly 1 in 3, doesn't sound too bad, but then we have to remember the 2 who are rejected will be excellent candidates as well :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.