Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why does Oxbridge offer BA's in Law while everywhere else offers LLBs?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to UCL, LSE, Durham, Warwick and QMUL on the 4th of October... I'm yet to hear anything. Probably the longest 3 months of my life, so I feel the pain of everyone else waiting to hear from places!

Oh, on a slight side-note, good luck to those waiting on a Cambridge offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micky022)
    Why does Oxbridge offer BA's in Law while everywhere else offers LLBs?
    League table. Cambridge offers the LLB not the BA, that's only Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    It's weird how so few people have heard from UCL. I got an offer on the 23rd of November

ReputationRep:
    Course: LLB Law
    University: Robert Gordon
    Offer: Unconditional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid16)
    http://www.law.cam.ac.uk/courses/tripos.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid16)
    ?

http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/unde...law/index.html

Cambridge offer Law as a BA too.

ReputationRep:
    ?

http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/unde...law/index.html

Cambridge offer Law as a BA too.

My mistake, i guess they can get away with it:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idealine)
    I applied to UCL, LSE, Durham, Warwick and QMUL on the 4th of October... I'm yet to hear anything. Probably the longest 3 months of my life, so I feel the pain of everyone else waiting to hear from places!

Oh, on a slight side-note, good luck to those waiting on a Cambridge offer!
    Same here. I didn't hear anything from LSE and QMUL as well.....weird.
    are you an international student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliecly)
    Same here. I didn't hear anything from LSE and QMUL as well.....weird.
    are you an international student?
    Nope, not international, though I've been stupid enough to defer if that makes any odds?

ReputationRep:
    It's weird how so few people have heard from UCL. I got an offer on the 23rd of November
    can i ask what you pridected grades are, when you sent your ucas,LNAT and are you an international student? i applied to UCL but haven't herd anything yet :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Us3rname)
    I applied to Downing. You? It's weird to think that this time next week we'll know if we got in or not!

I know what you mean re LNAT. I'm still waiting to hear from Notts as well! Where else did you apply? Still, I just want to get the results back now; only 29 days to go!
    I applied to Christs and I kinda regret it. My interview was so strange and not at all what I was expecting, I think it would've been different if it was another college. I know, I think it's tomorrow we hear back, or so people keep telling me :P

I applied to LSE which I got an offer from, Kings which I'm waiting to hear from and Sussex as my back up which I got an offer from. So it's my LNAT ones and Cambridge that are just taking FOREVER lol! Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Predicted : AAA
    Sent Ucas : 24th November 2010

Course : Law with Criminology LLB
    University : Lancaster
    Offer : Conditional AAB

Course : Law LLB
    University : Lancaster
    Offer : Conditional AAA

Course : Law With Criminology LLB
    University : Derby
    Offer : Conditional BBB

Course : Law With Criminology LLB
    University : Lincoln
    Offer : Conditional BBB

Also applied :

Course : Law LLB
    University : York
    Recieved Acknowledgement : 25th November 2010

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Oh cool, Christ's was in my final 2 colleges in my shortlist. Ended up applying to St Catharine's instead. My friend applied for Law at Christ's, though.

Nervous for tomorrow?
    Yes!! SOO worried, seriously dreading opening that letter.
    And St Cats did seem lovely on the open day... though I wanted one a little more (ashamed as I may be to admit it) Hogwarts-esque!
    Good luck to both you and your friend for tommorow!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Congratulations to all who have offers and fingers crossed for all that are still waiting!
    I just want to check if anyone has received an offer from King's, because I still have nothing but an acknowledgement and I guess they'll start making offers after the 15th Jan.... what do you think?

Also, I received an offer from Birmingham over a month ago, but didn't receive "a welcoming package" or something like that via post...should I be worried or they send those things after you've made a firm choice?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brummi)
    Hey guys! Congratulations to all who have offers and fingers crossed for all that are still waiting!
    I just want to check if anyone has received an offer from King's, because I still have nothing but an acknowledgement and I guess they'll start making offers after the 15th Jan.... what do you think?

Also, I received an offer from Birmingham over a month ago, but didn't receive "a welcoming package" or something like that via post...should I be worried or they send those things after you've made a firm choice?

Thanks!
    I didn't apply to King's so can't help you there.

Birmingham sent me booklet things about accomodation and student life there I think, I will check for you though because I might be getting confused with last time I applied :rolleyes:

Edit: I haven't firmed anyone yet, if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Warwick vs. QMUL? Hands down Warwick. But this is just my opinion.
    Warrants for my reasoning (and they are very TSResque reasons):
    -While QMUL is a solid law school, it hasn't historically had a consistent reputation. Warwick has been in the top 10 for much longer. QMUL only recently broke through the T15. Obviously this bullet point is only relevant if you care about rankings.
    -Job opportunities. While they both would probably give you an equal chance. I think Warwick probably has the extra edge--even if the only reason is that all 5 of the MC actively recruit from Warwick vs. 4/5.
    -Do a read through of firm profiles. Either MC or silver....a ton of Warwick grads. You have to really search for the QMUL grads. This is not to say they don't exist, but the fact that the firms are already saturated with Warwick grads makes networking 10x easier.
    -I'd rather bank the cash I'd be spending in London.

Personally I would rank it Warwick->Manchester->QMUL.

If you already have Warwick, not worth the hassle of going through clearing to get a lesser uni.
    30 years ago Warick didn't even rate much as a university! And 60 years ago 'red brick' was a mocking term - similar to today's 'Oh.. is that an old poly?' I think 'historical prestige' is really not that historical! In 10 or 20 years when the older generation has died out I'm sure Queen Mary will be one of the historically prestigious but not actually universities haha. Plus! Warick is in a totally boring place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rEdd1g)
    just got rejected from durham, obviously A*A*A*A* predictions arent enough these days
    jeez, sorry to hear that did they give you a reason cos they're amazing predictions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brummi)

Thanks!
    hey yeah still haven't heard anything from kings..IT'S KILLING ME they have given out offers for other subjects though. Yeah apparently they start dishing them out after the deadline but you could be waiting till march. urgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rEdd1g)
    just got rejected from durham, obviously A*A*A*A* predictions arent enough these days
    Sorry to hear it
    Amazing predictions so i'm completely shocked!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.