Law Applicants 2011 Offer Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Sheffield but meh :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)
    Offer: A*A*A
    Course: St John's Cambridge
    Congratulations! I got one too, still a little shocked by the A*A*A, but I'm just going to see what I can do.

ReputationRep:
    Only just joined TSR, so mine are a little late.

I got

Birmingham, Law & French, AAA

Sheffield, Law & French, AAB

Cardiff, Law & French, ABB

I'm still waiting on Nottingham and Bristol - not holding my breath for a speedy response though.

Anyone else doing Law & a language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milkplus-Mesto)
    Congratulations! I got one too, still a little shocked by the A*A*A, but I'm just going to see what I can do.
    wow well done!! your grades are AMAZING, sorry to be nosy, but are you international?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttynatz)
    Where else have you applied.. if you don't mind me asking?

Ha.. I love st trinians 2.. laughed my ass off at that comment.. So many great lines from that movie. And yes.. I do agree whole- heartdly with that comment
    Oh good! I thought you'd respond like "erm, what are you on about?!" :P

I've applied to Exeter (CC), Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle and Sheffield, you? (:
    Waiting to hear back from all but Exeter (obviously!) :P

So nervous to hear back. D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elloweez)
    Only just joined TSR, so mine are a little late.

I got

Birmingham, Law & French, AAA

Sheffield, Law & French, AAB

Cardiff, Law & French, ABB

I'm still waiting on Nottingham and Bristol - not holding my breath for a speedy response though.

Anyone else doing Law & a language?
    Hey, I've got an offer for Law with French from Cardiff too. Are you going to that open afternoon on the 23rd Feb?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else recieved an offer from UEA ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)
    wow well done!! your grades are AMAZING, sorry to be nosy, but are you international?
    Your grades must have been pretty incredible too, to get that offer. I'm not international, are you?

ReputationRep:
    LLB Law offers from:

University of Manchester - AAA
    University of Liverpool - AAA or 360 points, including general studies
    University of Leeds - AAA

Still waiting on University of Sheffield and Newcastle University!

UCAS sent on 8th December

Anyone else with Leeds offers message me!
    and well done to everyone with offers!

ReputationRep:
    Your grades must have been pretty incredible too, to get that offer. I'm not international, are you?
    No I'm not either, anyway look forward to seeing you in October, as long as I get these grades!! Well I'm only doing 3 A2's but my AS module scores were very high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophiaa93)
    Course: LLB Law
    University: Sussex
    Offer: AAB

also

Course: LLB Law
    University: Leeds
    Offer: AAA
    when did you send your application off? and when did you get the sussex offer if you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)
    No I'm not either, anyway look forward to seeing you in October, as long as I get these grades!! Well I'm only doing 3 A2's but my AS module scores were very high
    Ahh that's good then, gives you more of a chance with the A*s at A2! When was your interview? I could have met you at some point then.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that's good then, gives you more of a chance with the A*s at A2! When was your interview? I could have met you at some point then.
    I had mine on a thursday if I remember rightly, there were 2 irish dudes, a girl from london and an american guy, so unless you're one of the above I'm not sure if we met!

ReputationRep:
    University of Leeds - AAA
    UCAS sent on 9th December
    Offer recieved- 7th January
    So happy.. Its my first choice too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcwatcher)
    yh i thought the same thing i also haven't heard from UCL, acknowledge being the only contact, is it your first choice? of yes can i ask why? as i can't decide
    Yeah I've only got an acknowledgement too. I'm unsure between either UCL or Warwick, so I'm hoping via offers and rejections they will essentially decide for me. London's a great city, and the University is in a prime location, also London is pretty much the place to be for Law in the UK - so surely going to UCL has it's advantages. However Warwick is such a nice place, great campus, great opportunities and highly regarded. If I get offers from both, which is highly unlikely, it will take me a while to decide too.

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone with offers.

I have:
    University of Leicester - AAA
    University of Liverpool - AAA or 360 points

Still waiting on Sheffield, York and Warwick

UCAS sent: 2nd Dec. 2010

Anyone going to the Liverpool or Leicester open days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troubled_Student)
    Yeah I've only got an acknowledgement too. I'm unsure between either UCL or Warwick, so I'm hoping via offers and rejections they will essentially decide for me. London's a great city, and the University is in a prime location, also London is pretty much the place to be for Law in the UK - so surely going to UCL has it's advantages. However Warwick is such a nice place, great campus, great opportunities and highly regarded. If I get offers from both, which is highly unlikely, it will take me a while to decide too.
    i have the same dilemma with two offers from Cardiff and waiting for UCL, i accept UCL is considerably better then cardiff but can't make my mind up, a rejection would make it easier good luck with your offers, hopefully i'll see you at UCL if we both make the choice and get the offer

ReputationRep:
    i have the same dilemma with two offers from Cardiff and waiting for UCL, i accept UCL is considerably better then cardiff but can't make my mind up, a rejection would make it easier good luck with your offers, hopefully i'll see you at UCL if we both make the choice and get the offer
    Same here. I'm hoping for an offer from Warwick mainly because I can't decide between Bristol and Reading - Bristol has the reputation but I really really liked Reading when I went to visit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    Same here. I'm hoping for an offer from Warwick mainly because I can't decide between Bristol and Reading - Bristol has the reputation but I really really liked Reading when I went to visit...
    if i was to be honest i think you should go to bristol, try and go for an open day see if you like it,because the differences between the too is immense.

ReputationRep:
    if i was to be honest i think you should go to bristol, try and go for an open day see if you like it,because the differences between the too is immense.
    I know, and I really surprised myself even getting an offer from Bristol, I am quite reluctant to give that up. I am wary of going anywhere just based on reputation though. I'm going to Bristol on the 26th of Jan and Reading on the 4th of Feb and I'm going to put a lot of thought into making any decision.

I don't think Cardiff want me did you say you had two offers from them? As in, for two different subjects?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.