Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Southampton - AAA - 17th Dec
    Surrey - ABB- 6th Jan
    UCAS sent - 1st Dec

Still waiting on Kent, Warwick and Sunderland as my insurance .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    I know, and I really surprised myself even getting an offer from Bristol, I am quite reluctant to give that up. I am wary of going anywhere just based on reputation though. I'm going to Bristol on the 26th of Jan and Reading on the 4th of Feb and I'm going to put a lot of thought into making any decision.

I don't think Cardiff want me did you say you had two offers from them? As in, for two different subjects?
    i think that's a good choice, bristol i hear is a fantastic university, and in law it's all about the reputation, i am also waiting for bristol but personally don't want to go, yh i have offers for law and law with politics from cardiff, with an offer from reading and waiting for bristol & UCL, if you haven't been declined by cardiff then don't worry yet as it means there still considering you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcwatcher)
    i think that's a good choice, bristol i hear is a fantastic university, and in law it's all about the reputation, i am also waiting for bristol but personally don't want to go, yh i have offers for law and law with politics from cardiff, with an offer from reading and waiting for bristol & UCL, if you haven't been declined by cardiff then don't worry yet as it means there still considering you.
    Cardiff asked me for a second reference, so I guess they're waiting for that. I don't really know if that's a promising sign or not.

Why don't you fancy Bristol? or is that you'd just prefer UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    Cardiff asked me for a second reference, so I guess they're waiting for that. I don't really know if that's a promising sign or not.

Why don't you fancy Bristol? or is that you'd just prefer UCL?
    if they asked for a second reference that a great sign, cardiff make offers to everyone who meets the AAA requirements

i always wanted to go to cardiff but UCL just seem like a better choice, due to there reputation, so i have to wait for them,

good luck with your options pherhaps i'll be seeing you at cardiff next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcwatcher)
    if they asked for a second reference that a great sign, cardiff make offers to everyone who meets the AAA requirements

i always wanted to go to cardiff but UCL just seem like a better choice, due to there reputation, so i have to wait for them,

good luck with your options pherhaps i'll be seeing you at cardiff next year
    Possibly - or Reading or Bristol if you change your mind about them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizolove)
    Oh good! I thought you'd respond like "erm, what are you on about?!" :P

I've applied to Exeter (CC), Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle and Sheffield, you? (:
    Waiting to hear back from all but Exeter (obviously!) :P

So nervous to hear back. D:
    haha,, no worries.. I like movie quotes too the nerd in me

I applied to Oxford (rejected ) Surrey (offer ), exeter(offer )

Still waiting for Durham (my favourite.. so fingers crossed:confused:) and Warwick

Me to.. waiting for Durham is literally killing me. :mad: Whats your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, how silly of me to miss such a vibrant, informative, and amiable thread throughout all my months of lurking!

Congratulations to all that have received offers thus far, and I’m sure that ‘no news is good news’ for those that are yet to hear. Further, if you’ve applied to universities that prolong the decision making process then they must be very prestigious, thereby reflecting your potential and intellect.

Anyhoo, my offers thus far are:

University of Cambridge (Magdalene): Conditional A*AA
    University of Durham (St Mary's): Received by college (as of last Wednesday)
    University of Nottingham: Acknowledged
    University of Lancaster: Conditional AAA (November 15th)
    University of Manchester: Conditional AAA (November 5th)

I’m truly not looking forward to receiving my LNAT result as I’m sure it went catastrophically badly. I’m an individual that prefers a holistic interpretation of texts since I believe that a writer crafts things as a whole rather than in a compartmentalised fashion. As a result, I hated the LNAT level of dissection. On top of that, I completely misunderstood my chosen essay question because I'm a cretin! Durham must have looked past it... or they've only referred me to a college by mistake, which is very likely!

Apart from receiving offers from places I thought would instantly reject me, the greatest shock was receiving an offer from Manchester. I can only assume they forgot the little incident wherein I called their Law department 'arrogant,' 'snobbish,' and 'guilty of relying on anecdotal evidence despite teaching a subject wholly focused upon logical or empirical substantiation.'

Edit: I can only assume somebody reacted negatively to my comment about Manchester. I should clarify by saying that it's a very prestigious institution, with a wonderful record in Law and many subjects, and a world-wide reputation for excellent scientific research. Sadly, the admission criteria and 'black-list' of A Levels is repugnant. The university claims to cherish social mobility whilst the Law Department frowns upon certain A Levels, or even excludes from their offers, without any reliable evidence or empirical research to justify it. This is especially highlighted in areas such as the Law A level, since many of the top-ten have publically commended it and Cambridge includes it as a condition of offers based upon rigorous, scientific analysis of figures. Alternatively, Manchester gives a weak, anecdotal excuse related to the risk of ‘first years relying on A Level notes’ (which is more to do with a student’s laziness rather than the A Level). This is the reason for my comment.

ReputationRep:
    Course LLB Law M100
    University Leeds
    Offer AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valindrius)
    Oh my, how silly of me to miss such a vibrant, informative, and amiable thread throughout all my months of lurking!

Congratulations to all that have received offers thus far, and I’m sure that ‘no news is good news’ for those that are yet to hear. Further, if you’ve applied to universities that prolong the decision making process then they must be very prestigious, thereby reflecting your potential and intellect.

I’m truly not looking forward to receiving my LNAT result as I’m sure it went catastrophically badly. I’m an individual that prefers a holistic interpretation of texts since I believe that a writer crafts things as a whole rather than in a compartmentalised fashion. As a result, I hated the LNAT level of dissection. On top of that, I completely misunderstood my chosen essay question because I'm a cretin! Durham must have looked past it... or they've only referred me to a college by mistake, which is very likely!

Apart from receiving offers from places I thought would instantly reject me, the greatest shock was receiving an offer from Manchester. I can only assume they forgot the little incident wherein I called their Law department 'arrogant,' 'snobbish,' and 'guilty of relying on anecdotal evidence despite teaching a subject wholly focused upon logical or empirical substantiation.'
    Hey Man Congradulations On Cambridge. You don't really need to worry about LNAT anymore do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Safety K)
    Hey Man Congradulations On Cambridge. You don't really need to worry about LNAT anymore do you?
    I can’t help it; I like to have contingencies because it’s possible that I might not meet the conditions of my offer at Cam. As a result, I would like Nottingham or Durham as insurance, which relies a great deal upon the LNAT. I know I did badly, so I’m worried about getting an offer from the former, and I expect the latter have referred me to a college by mistake, won’t have space at a college, or will have referred too many people for Law thereby rendering the referral void.

However, the comment is very appreciated. I'd also like to congratulate you on your offer, Leeds is an excellent place and an excellent university. It's a great, great achievement and, hopefully, the first step on a very positive path. Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prejudice)
    AAAB offer from Kings College London (Law)
    NO! i mean well done but i was telling myself no one has had offers for law yet! CURSES

ReputationRep:
    I can’t help it; I like to have contingencies because it’s possible that I might not meet the conditions of my offer at Cam. As a result, I would like Nottingham or Durham as insurance, which relies a great deal upon the LNAT. I know I did badly, so I’m worried about getting an offer from the former, and I expect the latter have referred me to a college by mistake, won’t have space at a college, or will have referred too many people for Law thereby rendering the referral void.

However, the comment is very appreciated. I'd also like to congratulate you on your offer, Leeds is an excellent place and an excellent university. It's a great, great achievement and, hopefully, the first step on a very positive path. Congratulations!
    Thankyou! Leeds isa great place to study law. it is as of yet my only offer. Do you know i it is possible to become a barrister from Lees? I mean I know you can do the BPTC and all that after but is the law school welll renowned in proffessional circles like the other top uni's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viola146)
    Hey, I've got an offer for Law with French from Cardiff too. Are you going to that open afternoon on the 23rd Feb?
    Hey, that's awesome! Well done. You're the only person I've come across (other than me) applying for Law & French. If you don't mind me asking, where else have you applied? Do you have any other offers? And where's your first choice?

Yeah, I think I'll go to that, I went to look round Cardiff when it wasn't an actual open day, so it'd be good to see it when it's an organised event - are you going? If so perhaps we could say hi in person? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I didn't realise you were from the North West, I just saw it on your 'location'.
    I am too

And I don't have an insurance, either; not yet, anyway. Having said that, I don't intend missing my conditional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elloweez)
    Hey, that's awesome! Well done. You're the only person I've come across (other than me) applying for Law & French. If you don't mind me asking, where else have you applied? Do you have any other offers? And where's your first choice?

Yeah, I think I'll go to that, I went to look round Cardiff when it wasn't an actual open day, so it'd be good to see it when it's an organised event - are you going? If so perhaps we could say hi in person? xxx
    I was rejected from Oxford, Interview from Kent and heard nothing from UCL or Warwick. The order at the moment is UCL, Warwick, Kent, Cardiff, but the bottom two could swap depending on what it's like there, as I haven't visitied either yet.
    Yes, I'm definately going (despite the 3-4 hour drive), as I haven't seen it yet. Yes, that would be good! I wonder how many offers they have given? x

ReputationRep:

Edit: I can only assume somebody reacted negatively to my comment about Manchester. I should clarify by saying that it's a very prestigious institution, with a wonderful record in Law and many subjects, and a world-wide reputation for excellent scientific research. Sadly, the admission criteria and 'black-list' of A Levels is repugnant. The university claims to cherish social mobility whilst the Law Department frowns upon certain A Levels, or even excludes from their offers, without any reliable evidence or empirical research to justify it. This is especially highlighted in areas such as the Law A level, since many of the top-ten have publically commended it and Cambridge includes it as a condition of offers based upon rigorous, scientific analysis of figures. Alternatively, Manchester gives a weak, anecdotal excuse related to the risk of ‘first years relying on A Level notes’ (which is more to do with a student’s laziness rather than the A Level). This is the reason for my comment.
    There is no way you could have fluffed your LNAT judging by your vocabulary and ability to put your argument across so eloquently! I'm risking sounding like a bimbo but seriously, I think you'll make a top law student! Well done with your offers!

ReputationRep:

What exactly did you say to Manchester and why?

ReputationRep:
    Has ANYONE heard from either Wariwck or LSE yet? The wait is driving me.....crrraaaaazyyyyyy! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelaide123)
    Has ANYONE heard from either Wariwck or LSE yet? The wait is driving me.....crrraaaaazyyyyyy! lol
    From Warwick, some people have offers. I, and I think most people, haven't heard anything other than "we make most of our decisions after the Ucas deadline."

But yes, I want to hear one way or the other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelaide123)
    There have been quite a few LSE offers.

In terms of Warwick they don't generally start offering students until March time. There have been a couple on here but I think to overseas students so they can sort out arrangements etc.

Where else have you applied if you don't mind me asking?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.