Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Applicants 2011 Offer Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crowsoverhead)
    Yey!! Got a lovely letter from York yesterday telling me they were giving me an offer and complemented how well I interviewed
    It felt truly wonderful after I've been convinced I wouldnt be accepted anywhere and would have to work in Morrisons forever and ever.

Anyone heard from Nottingham yet?
    Congratulations on your York offer! I was going to apply there, but I don't know how their grades and performance are as the first intakes, are the current 3rd yearers! So we'll see how York Law rates later this year, I bet it's great though so Well Done!

My friend Applied to Notts in November, LNAT December, and it's still Acknowledged so I wouldn't worry, its renowned for waiting to give majority of offers after Jan 15th (or so I heard lmao)

ReputationRep:
    Course: LLB Law
    University: LSE
    Offer: A*AA
    UCAS sent: 15/10
    Offer: 14/1

ReputationRep:
    I have firmed my offer from Reading to study law next year

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected from Warwick and QMUL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teaandcoffee)
    I have firmed my offer from Reading to study law next year
    Have you visited the uni? What do you think of it? I'm torn between Reading & Brunel for my firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    Have you visited the uni? What do you think of it? I'm torn between Reading & Brunel for my firm.
    I really like Reading. It had a really good vibe when I went, but that may be due to the nice sunshine on the open day

The law school is very pretty and the law lecturer I had was fantastic!

Are you going to the law applicant day? You can always make your mind up about it then

ReputationRep:
    Why are people firming so early? aint the deadline until like the 24th of march?

ReputationRep:
    I really like Reading. It had a really good vibe when I went, but that may be due to the nice sunshine on the open day

The law school is very pretty and the law lecturer I had was fantastic!

Are you going to the law applicant day? You can always make your mind up about it then
    Yeah I just booked my place online now for the 4th Feb

ReputationRep:
    I loved Reading. I liked the campus and the huge number of societies and I liked the accommodation that I saw and the Law department building is in a listed manor house by a lake which is quite hard not to like, to be honest. And I had a lovely chat with the admissions tutor.

Are you going to any of the visit days?

Edit: just saw your next post. I might see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just booked my place online now for the 4th Feb
    :eek: same! see you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    I loved Reading. I liked the campus and the huge number of societies and I liked the accommodation that I saw and the Law department building is in a listed manor house by a lake which is quite hard not to like, to be honest. And I had a lovely chat with the admissions tutor.

Are you going to any of the visit days?
    I'm going on the 4th of feb

ReputationRep:
    :eek: same! see you there
    yeah see you there do you live near Reading?

ReputationRep:
    yeah see you there do you live near Reading?
    about an hour away, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    about an hour away, how about you?
    Well I live in London so I'm not sure how long it will take me to get there, need to check tfl journey planner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krillin)
    Course: LLB Law
    University: LSE
    Offer: A*AA
    UCAS sent: 15/10
    Offer: 14/1
    Massive congratulations

AHHHHH WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD A PEEP FROM THEM?!

ReputationRep:
    GOT MY OFFER from Sheffield EEEE I'm SO excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troubled_Student)
    Just received my UCL rejection. I'm guessing it's because of my LNAT, I hardly revised at all for it, although I didn't find it that hard. It says to contact the University direct for reasons concerning my rejection, does this mean a phonecall?

Just Warwick to reply now, however I've been fearing a rejection from them for a while now so this isn't good. Still if I do get an offer from Warwick, which will be very unlikely, it will make my job of choosing considerably easier now UCL have rejected me.
    I read this when you posted it and was dreading my own UCL rejection.
    It came today and to make things worse it was an LNAT based rejection so considering my choices (see spoiler) it don't look good.

sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected from Warwick and QMUL
    sorry to hear, what were your other choices and did they say why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crowsoverhead)
    Yey!! Got a lovely letter from York yesterday telling me they were giving me an offer and complemented how well I interviewed
    It felt truly wonderful after I've been convinced I wouldnt be accepted anywhere and would have to work in Morrisons forever and ever.

Anyone heard from Nottingham yet?
    Well done on York. When did you first send your application in? My UCAS got sent on the 2nd December and so far have only received an acknowlegement from York and Warwick.

Sheffield offer received today - AAA

ReputationRep:
    anyone got interview or offer from UCL yet?

what were ur gcses and a levels?

quote me!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.