x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Applicants 2011 Offer Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skyez)
    Southampton - AAA - 17th Dec
    Surrey - ABB- 6th Jan
    UCAS sent - 1st Dec

Still waiting on Kent, Warwick and Sunderland as my insurance .
    dude that's greaat!! are you an international student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherryblossom4you)
    awww dont be sad...u will got loads of other offers..and seriously kcl isnt that great
    my top choice is lse as well and i got 8.0 at ielts too lol
    hope to see you at lse next year?^^
    good luck
    Awww!! But you should'nt be sad.. scr*w KCL the other universities that you have applied to are really good.. Remember, everything happens for a reason.. plus you still got all your choices to reply where you have a quite good chance to get into at least Queen Mary (which is a great uni, I am currently doing my foundation year and its great). I don't think anyone from those who applied y the 15th of January have heard from LSE.. I heard that LSE takes a quite long time before the make a decision hopefully you'll be successful.. best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Err it's up and down for me. Sometimes i'm on top of it and sometimes the work load is so much i don't even want to bother leaving my bed. wow higher physics?! i'm SERIOUSLY struggling in standard. oh and my TOK essay is like a month late. I do French too! i discovered it's not so bad when you actually bother to do the work and practice grammar but it is very long. You'll do great.

(Original post by k3ro)
    Yeah. I'm just worried because I originally had 35 points predicted, then I sorta lost all motivation for the course and it dropped to a 30 (I honestly wasn't expecting to get an offer from anywhere). So i guess I have 3 months of insane revision to get my grades up again. (: Half of me says YEAAAH I CAN DO THIS (XD) but the other half of me is like: "higher maths and higher physics. (oh, and, standard french)." I'm beyond terrible at french, lol. Memorising 5 different versions of every stupid word? ): My memory is terribleeeee.

How are you finding it? (: And thanks for the encouragement btw. <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonTownGirl)
    Err it's up and down for me. Sometimes i'm on top of it and sometimes the work load is so much i don't even want to bother leaving my bed. wow higher physics?! i'm SERIOUSLY struggling in standard. oh and my TOK essay is like a month late. I do French too! i discovered it's not so bad when you actually bother to do the work and practice grammar but it is very long. You'll do great.
    Lol I know the feeling. D: Getting the uni offer really made me have to turn my attitude towards the IB around. XD

Yeah. Physics is a total *****. D: Probably going to be my 2nd toughest exam... French or maths the worst, since I suck at french beyond belief and I keep forgetting the maths stuff. xD I'll try that with french, thanks. (:

You should be okay with physics... Just revise every night after you've had a lesson. Seriously, going through the work a second time makes it stick so much better in your mind. I did that for one topic, and got a level 6 in the end of unit assessment. I was surprised by how much my grade improved simply by actually re-reading my notes. DX

Good luck! (:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied to do Law with Spanish?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to do Law at Sussex University? - and received an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallfish)
    i applied to sussex 6th dec but still no reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallfish)
    (Original post by cutegirl15)
    i applied to sussex 6th dec but still no reply
    I applied to Sussex in Mid-Nov. No offer, but I was asked to submit two pieces of work and an updated reference about two weeks ago...

Waiting for their decision now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherryblossom4you)
    awww dont be sad...u will got loads of other offers..and seriously kcl isnt that great
    my top choice is lse as well and i got 8.0 at ielts too lol
    hope to see you at lse next year?^^
    good luck
    KCL ISN'T THAT GREAT???????????

You are aware that apart from Oxbridge and UCL KCL is probz the best law school in the UK on a par with Durham, LSE, Nottingham and Warwick.

It is number five on the rankings

It has the 5th best graduate employment % of all UK uni's.

For law it is ideally placed to start a high level career at the Bar or at a big firm.

5 mins away from Royal Courts of Justice, law society, inns of courts!

10 minute walk from Westminster where law can be observed.

Pack all these fcts together i would state that KCL is a lot better then 'not that great'!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Safety K)

You are aware that apart from Oxbridge and UCL KCL is probz the best law school in the UK on a par with Durham, LSE, Nottingham and Warwick.

For law it is ideally placed to start a high level career at the Bar or at a big firm.

Pack all these fcts together i would state that KCL is a lot better then 'not that great'!!
    i agree with you mate, but i think you missed her point, she was trying to cheer up a candidate who was rejected from KCL, but good instincts to attack a single phrase

ReputationRep:

On par with the lse?
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamy21)
    I applied to Sussex in Mid-Nov. No offer, but I was asked to submit two pieces of work and an updated reference about two weeks ago...

Waiting for their decision now.
    Wowww thts very interesting tht they asked u to submit work b i nevr thght they will lol .... Well they hvnt asked me anything n im still waiting for their reply ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    On par with the lse?
    :lolwut:
    YES! If we are talkig about law. LSE may have greater presteige then KCL admittedly but in terms of law I wuld probz say KCL actually just sneaks it. There isn't much difference though. Persoally I would be satisfied going to either of them!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    YES! If we are talkig about law. LSE may have greater presteige then KCL admittedly but in terms of law I wuld probz say KCL actually just sneaks it. There isn't much difference though. Persoally I would be satisfied going to either of them!
    Nahhh, I personally think that KCL isn't all that. Sure it's good, but it's a bit overhyped on here. It most certainly isn't on the level of LSE. It's probably a bit below LSE in the eyes of employers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Nahhh, I personally think that KCL isn't all that. Sure it's good, but it's a bit overhyped on here. It most certainly isn't on the level of LSE. It's probably a bit below LSE in the eyes of employers.
    LSE has the happy coincidence of being a great institution and being full to the brim of the most pretentious and annoying tossers this side of the Channel. A truly detestable place.

Good university though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    LSE has the happy coincidence of being a great institution and being full to the brim of the most pretentious and annoying tossers this side of the Channel. A truly detestable place.

Good university though.
    AGREED.

As good as it is, I would never apply there. I truly dislike the place; it makes me sick. :puke:

My friends think that I'm crazy whenever I say that to them.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently LSE, UCL, KCL are all at the same level, with differing employers preferring different universities.

I don't think it's overhyped (I never hear anyone do that :p: ) but I'd agree it's probably slightly below LSE.

ReputationRep:
    AGREED.

As good as it is, I would never apply there. I truly dislike the place; it makes me sick. :puke:

My friends think that I'm crazy whenever I say that to them.
    I was always get negged when I voice a similar opinion *says the kid who applied to LSE*.

ReputationRep:
    I also agree with this. But I get negged even more when I voice that opinion.

My rep was hit pretty hard when I was explaining to a kid that KCL was not leagues ahead of Durham.

ReputationRep:
    Guys. The law school hierarchy is as follows: (1) Oxbridge (2) the LSE (3) UCL, Durham, Notts, King's.

Shh now. No more LSE bashing.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.