The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
Original post by krishanchopra
Yup, thats it!

Quite annoyed that they took 2 months to come up with that lol.

Hey sorry about that. May i ask your predicted grades etc?
Original post by Mann18
:rofl:

:biggrin:
Reply 1942
Original post by Cast.Iron
:biggrin:

The sad thing is, I intend to labaste Cambridge whilst at Oxford at every opportunity, even though no Cambridge students will be around :frown:

Also, wondered (don't know if you'll be able to inform me,) what is the Cambridge equivalent of "Oxonian?"

(Not a prelude to a joke, however much I wanted to say one :teehee: )
Reply 1943
just got an offer from Exeter Cornwall Campus for straight Law. ABB. happy that they offered it to me, considering im a retake applicant predicted BBB cos my teachers wouldnt predict me higher than i got after 2 years. but now i dont know if id like it there. :/ ... as ive heard bad things about it...
You raise some good points, but it's good to be able to take a step back and relax at times and I think that living in Bristol would give you a better opportunity to be able to escape the pressures of university for an afternoon/evening.

But as you've rightly pointed out, there seems like there is plenty to do in Durham.

250k? That is utterly obscene. Land of opportunity my arse.

Which is why I think the proximity to Newcastle is nice--along with the something like 8 or 9 week terms, in the US we go for like 16 weeks a term.

People buy into it too. I read an article where some guy had 300k in debt for an UG degree from NYU bc of interest on the loans. I turned 2 people away from NYU yesterday at my school. NYU might put up a good recruiting campaign, but I will tear their message down in a heartbeat.

And that would be why you're going to Oxford :wink:.

Well played brah
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mann18
The sad thing is, I intend to labaste Cambridge whilst at Oxford at every opportunity, even though no Cambridge students will be around :frown:

Also, wondered (don't know if you'll be able to inform me,) what is the Cambridge equivalent of "Oxonian?"

(Not a prelude to a joke, however much I wanted to say one :teehee: )

You have got the sad part nailed :wink:.

I have no idea. Though I know that I am to be a Homertonian :cool:.
Reply 1946
You have got the sad part nailed :wink:.

I have no idea. Though I know that I am to be a Homertonian :cool:.

Not as cool as "Aularian." :cool:

That's right, that's actually a thing.
And yes, Jeremy Paxman is one.
Reply 1947
Original post by SK-mar
just got an offer from Exeter Cornwall Campus for straight Law. ABB. happy that they offered it to me, considering im a retake applicant predicted BBB cos my teachers wouldnt predict me higher than i got after 2 years. but now i dont know if id like it there. :/ ... as ive heard bad things about it...

I visited at an open day and it's in my top two choices. Depends what you like. I'm a mature student (that loves to have a good party, mind) and it seems perfect there. A small community, beautiful town (Falmouth) and the lecturers were brilliant. Accommodation fkin amazing too...

Not to mention the fact you get a degree from the 'University of Exeter' at the end of it, regardless of campus or conditions of the offer.

Damn, I Hope I get an offer!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mann18
Not as cool as "Aularian." :cool:

That's right, that's actually a thing.
And yes, Jeremy Paxman is one.

Cantabridgian! :erm:
Original post by SK-mar

Can you please go into details about the "bad things" you've heard please!?
Original post by Mann18

Agree about the nightlife thing though, I tend to think people who base their decision on "where I can vomit with the loudest music ringing in my ears" may not be taking it as seriously as it perhaps demands.

Hey! That's how I chose three of my choices!
Reply 1951
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Cantabridgian! :erm:

Ah, that sounds cool, I was hoping it was something horrid, like "Canter."

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Hey! That's how I chose three of my choices!

Hey, you're going to Cambridge, you obviously don't mind that much!
Original post by Mann18

Kitty got claws!
Reply 1953
Kitty got claws!

I hope that didn't sound offensive.

I simply meant that Cambridge is not well regarded as a "party town."
Reply 1954
Also, just noticed, at the top of the page, the link to "All the Law Resources" is spelt incorrectly.

Did I really just write this?

Yes.

:getmecoat:
Original post by Mann18

:laugh:

Funnily enough, I really do mind. I'm hoping that I can have some crazy parties/convince people to come down to London occasionaly!
Original post by LornaSandison1
Thanks ^^
Isn't Bham an LNAT uni anyway?
Guess we'll find out on Monday!

lol yh it is .. and they gave me an offer 4 days after i did my LNAT .. so i thought i did pretty well LOL.
Reply 1957
Original post by Doughnuts!!
:laugh:

Funnily enough, I really do mind. I'm hoping that I can have some crazy parties/convince people to come down to London occasionaly!

Fair enough!

But still, you're not basing your ENTIRE university decision on it are you?

Hmm, even then, I believe that when two universities are equal in stature (and you like the courses obviously) you should go where you'd like to be more, and that could feasibly include the place with the better nightlife.

I don't know what to believe any more. :colondollar:
Original post by Mann18

I hope that didn't sound offensive.

I simply meant that Cambridge is not well regarded as a "party town."

Pfft. I chose Cambridge primarily for its nightlife.

:colonhash:
Reply 1959
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Pfft. I chose Cambridge primarily for its nightlife.

You Cantabridgians and your dry wits.

(I went there.)

Latest

Trending

Trending