Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    A lot as in 5-10% ?
    Cambridge interview 90% of eco applicants?? :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firaila)
    Cambridge interview 90% of eco applicants?? :zomg:
    They interview 90% of TOTAL applicants. I would be surprised if the figure was that high given how stiff the competition is for economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdawg)
    They interview 90% of TOTAL applicants. I would be surprised if the figure was that high given how stiff the competition is for economics.
    Shouldve applied there tbh :teeth:

Congrats on your Bristol and Bath offers, seems odd to me that they're asking for an A*, is it subject specific?

ReputationRep:
    Shouldve applied there tbh :teeth:

Congrats on your Bristol and Bath offers, seems odd to me that they're asking for an A*, is it subject specific?
    No, the A* can be in any subject

I don't think I was very clear. They interview 90% of applicants across all subjects but it varies for each. It's likely to be significantly lower for economics given that it's so oversubscribed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdawg)
    No, the A* can be in any subject

I don't think I was very clear. They interview 90% of applicants across all subjects but it varies for each. It's likely to be significantly lower for economics given that it's so oversubscribed.
    I understood you dw :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hxu)
    umm they're ok
    GCSE: 5a*, 5a
    A level predicted AAAB (school don't predict a*'s) in maths, further maths, physics and history. Completed economics a level early , got an A in that.

How bout you?
    GCSEs 8A*, 2A, B (greek), C (eng lit)
    predicted 3A*, A

(Original post by CMMD)
    What do you mean you've been rejected from Cambridge? They said they would only let us know on the 5th Jan? Did you apply this year?
    Yeah i was rejected preinterview

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Ive applied to warwick and durham for economics!!
    So far got a conditional offer from durham, nothing so far from warwick.
    I just wanted to know which uni offers the better course?? and why??

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed.23)
    Hey, Ive applied to warwick and durham for economics!!
    So far got a conditional offer from durham, nothing so far from warwick.
    I just wanted to know which uni offers the better course?? and why??

thanks
    Well it all depends on you.
    However most people will tell you Warwick, due to it being more respected,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    Well it all depends on you.
    However most people will tell you Warwick, due to it being more respected,
    Well, I am pretty good at maths.. so would prefer a more maths-based sort of degree..?..

... Just hoping for the offer!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I am pretty good at maths.. so would prefer a more maths-based sort of degree..?..

Considering Warwick's Economic course is supposedly one of the most quantitative in Europe, I would say you should go for Warwick.

ReputationRep:

Warwick :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    Warwick :danceboy:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    Considering Warwick's Economic course is supposedly one of the most quantitative in Europe, I would say you should go for Warwick.
    Thanks,,

what about in terms of employment, career opportunities and environment??

ReputationRep:
    Thanks,,

what about in terms of employment, career opportunities and environment??
    Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, apparently Cambridge interview like two thirds/three quarters of applicants for econ., according to the head of the faculty at King's - I don't know if it's that for all of the other colleges though. I was quite happy when I heard, makes having had an interview more valuable

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer from UCL for economics with business and eastern european studies??
    they sent me an email saying they'll notify me of their decision in january and so i'm starting to get nervous because it will be sometime soon :|

ReputationRep:
    just three words from me: come on Bath! i really want an offer already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.love.heroes)
    Has anyone got an offer from UCL for economics with business and eastern european studies??
    they sent me an email saying they'll notify me of their decision in january and so i'm starting to get nervous because it will be sometime soon :|
    Hey, I've applied to UCL for Econ&Business with Eastern European Studies too, and I've only received the email saying they'll get back to me in January once they've received all the applications, I am so nervouuus! I really as in really want an offer, what about you guys, what are your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Oh interesting, is it true that some universities i.e. UCL/LSE/Warwick waits till 15th January until they give out offers?

I applied in November 25th(quite late I know!), I wonder if I could get an offer by the end of January..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wag1bgirl)
    hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know my position:

Oxford: Interview
    UCL: Offer
    LSE: Offer
    Bristol: Offer
    Birmingham: Still Waiting

SOOoooooo happy D
    Woww, thats great, what did you applied for? I applied to Oxford, UCL and Bristol too, and no offer made by any of those :/ starting to get nervoous!

ReputationRep:
    I would be really interested to hear from anyone who is applying for Bristol's Economics and Finance undergraduate course. Please feel free to PM or inbox me! Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.