Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Received an acknowledgement e-mail from Durham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firaila)
    Wagwan economists, I'm likely applying to Oxford, UCL, Warwick, Birmingham and somewhere like Durham/Bristol/Exeter

Suggestions on the 5th?
    Big spread between those:
    Durham is a top 10 uni and pretty competitive
    Bristol is a top 10 uni and extremely competitive because it's a small department.
    Exeter is a top 20 uni but much easier to get offer from (still AAA). However it's a BA and a couple of notches below the other 2 in prestige terms.

All depends how good your application is - good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bakeyy)
    Big spread between those:
    Durham is a top 10 uni and pretty competitive
    Bristol is a top 10 uni and extremely competitive because it's a small department.
    Exeter is a top 20 uni but much easier to get offer from (still AAA). However it's a BA and a couple of notches below the other 2 in prestige terms.

All depends how good your application is - good luck!
    Cheers Bakeyy, I decided on Durham in the end

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I was wondering what the best universities I should/could apply to with my predicted grades totaling to 36 IB points with 6 in HL Math?

ReputationRep:
    I got straight A's in AS and my predict grades are A*A*AA, I didn't have GCSE's bcoz I started A-Level here. I am thinking to apply to LSE/UCL/Warwick/Bath and another one(haven't decided), am I likely to get an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat.chan)
    I got straight A's in AS and my predict grades are A*A*AA, I didn't have GCSE's bcoz I started A-Level here. I am thinking to apply to LSE/UCL/Warwick/Bath and another one(haven't decided), am I likely to get an interview?
    I don't think those universities do interviews :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think those universities do interviews :dontknow:
    Oh really? I thought LSE&UCL would invited a few applicants for interviews..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat.chan)
    Oh really? I thought LSE&UCL would invited a few applicants for interviews..
    LSE: "We do not normally interview applicants. Interviews may be arranged for mature students or those with unusual qualifications, or where the School needs more information to help in making a decision. Interviews may be more widely used for some degrees with smaller numbers of applicants. It is not possible for applicants to request an interview with the Admissions Tutor."

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergra...ApplyHome.aspx

UCL : "Only a proportion of candidates are invited for interview as part of the selection process. "

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/...on/index.shtml

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys - can someone help me out and let me know if UCL accept 2 A-levels and 2AS' for their entry requirements from politics and eastern european studies? Also if city accept that too - if i got the UCAS points of 320? Thanks - Hollie

ReputationRep:
    LSE: "We do not normally interview applicants. Interviews may be arranged for mature students or those with unusual qualifications, or where the School needs more information to help in making a decision. Interviews may be more widely used for some degrees with smaller numbers of applicants. It is not possible for applicants to request an interview with the Admissions Tutor."

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergra...ApplyHome.aspx

UCL : "Only a proportion of candidates are invited for interview as part of the selection process. "

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/...on/index.shtml
    Yea I have seen them on their websites, but some of my friends are invited to interviews so I am not sure about that, thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Bakeyy, I decided on Durham in the end
    good choice...i'm off next year
    an amazing place

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished PS now to just get it reviewed once more and than send it off next week

ReputationRep:
    Sending app off today! Still kind of unsure about choices :/
    Got oxford, warwick, nottingham, bristol and edinburgh. Feel like I'll get rejected from all.

ReputationRep:
    wooowee an offer from manchester, pretty happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greebo-man)
    wooowee an offer from manchester, pretty happy

Congrats!

Can I ask what your grades/predictions are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown-User)
    Congrats!

Can I ask what your grades/predictions are?
    of course you can, I'm predicted A*A*A in maths, history and spanish and have a tidy A at English AS under my belt.

The offer came in eight days ago but i hadnt checked it cause i thought no way was i gonna get an offer that quick!

ReputationRep:
    of course you can, I'm predicted A*A*A in maths, history and spanish and have a tidy A at English AS under my belt.

The offer came in eight days ago but i hadnt checked it cause i thought no way was i gonna get an offer that quick!
    Nice one What is manchesters offer?

ReputationRep:
    Aab, so a fair safety for when i get rejected from ucl lse and cambridhe.

ReputationRep:
    Aab, so a fair safety for when i get rejected from ucl lse and cambridhe.
    Hahaha think positive

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

Applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Nottingham, Bath and Birmingham yesterday. Can't wait to hear back from at least one of them within the month because I have no idea whether my PS is up to scratch or not (probably should have started it a bit earlier).

No rejections yet though :cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.