Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonade789)
    thanks, where else did you apply?
    UCL, Nottingham and Durham. Got offers from all 3 of them but I am international though.

ReputationRep:
    just got a letter from UCL saying they intend to make me an L101 offer.. has anyone else got this and been to the open day? does this mean i am definitely getting an offer?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i now have an A at AS further maths (school made us take it in Jan). Do you think I should email LSE and Warwick to let them know? cheers xx
    Did LSE and Warwick reject you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelic03)
    Did LSE and Warwick reject you?
    no they're the only unis that haven't yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxygin)
    just got a letter from UCL saying they intend to make me an L101 offer.. has anyone else got this and been to the open day? does this mean i am definitely getting an offer?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LethalResistant)
    It's still early march, and yes, a lot of applicants last year got offers from warwick on the 31st of march, so i guess you'd have to wait slightly longer.
    How do you know alot of applicants got an offer on the 31st... were there rejects aswell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissPrecious..x)
    How do you know alot of applicants got an offer on the 31st... were there rejects aswell?
    There must have been. They haven't rejected nearly enough people if you go by the responses in this thread. They are taking their time though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxygin)
    I got the same letter! I'm assuming its an offer, if i attend the open day. Right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilly123)
    Got the same letter today. Is there any lee way, in terms of the grade offer. Or will it definitely be A*AA?
    After getting results today I would hope there is, but at the talk we had the professor said "if you don't meet the grades you don't get in", seeming pretty strict there

ReputationRep:
    If I wanted to send a university my new grades, how would I do that? through the email?

ReputationRep:
    MA (Hons) Economics with Management Science
    Edinburgh University
    AAB (B in GCE Maths)

ReputationRep:
    It's just ive also got an Econ L101 offer from LSE. So i'd like to have it as an insurance. But if i tell them about LSE, will they not give me an offer?
    Don't know. Why mention LSE in the first place? Also, how is it possible to have a firm and insurance with the same grade requirements :confused:

ReputationRep:
    That's why i want them to lower the grade. So i can have it as an insurance. Thats what i was trying to ask u in the first place. Whether you could negotiate a lower grade (i.e. like AAA)
    Oh I see

You can always try but I don't see UCL offering a lower grade requirement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balloon92)
    MA (Hons) Economics with Management Science
    Edinburgh University
    AAB (B in GCE Maths)
    Nice one, what were your predictions and gcse grades if you dont mind me asking...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economomics)
    Nice one, what were your predictions and gcse grades if you dont mind me asking...?
    Predicted: A*AAA Econ, Physics, Poltics and Maths (respectively)
    AS: AAAB Econ, Physics, Poltics and Maths (respectively)
    GCSE: 12A*s 1A

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    just got an economics offer from warwick!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jnt)
    just got an economics offer from warwick!
    Well done! mind me asking what your GCSE's and A-level grades were like? Also, did you take further maths? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    Well done! mind me asking what your GCSE's and A-level grades were like? Also, did you take further maths? Thanks
    thanks

i do the IB and am predicted 42 in that.. and no, i dont do further math, i was predicted a 6 in HL maths...

ReputationRep:
    LSE L101 offer

ReputationRep:
    no they're the only unis that haven't yet!
    lol, well good luck hearing from them! I called warwick up to tell them my results because I haven't heard from them either, but they already know!

Also, it might be worth emailing/calling the unis that have rejected you if your jan exams changed any of your grades...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.