jamiepango
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by India13)
LSE L101 offer
Congratulations!

May I ask what grades you achieved at AS and in which subjects?
Economomics
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by balloon92)
Predicted: A*AAA Econ, Physics, Poltics and Maths (respectively)
AS: AAAB Econ, Physics, Poltics and Maths (respectively)
GCSE: 12A*s 1A

Good luck!
Ahh balls, similar to me me but i got rejected last night! Lucky fella...
suki92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, i've got a letter from UCL from L100 Economics saying that they intend to give me an offer, but i need to go to an open day before they do. Has anyone been to one of these this year and if so what should i expect, any interviewing etc?
Shaneel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, I just wanted some of your opinions. Based on the university as a whole, which university would you firm between Queen Mary University of London or City University London?

Thanks.
Sheng
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
was just wondering... if i've got rejected from LSE last year due to the absence of A* for maths in my forecast under the L101 course, but then my teacher recently updated my forecast after the AS results came out. do you think i have a chance if i email the uni? my forecast is now A*A*AA for phy, math, econs and further math respectively...
s2004060
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sheng)
was just wondering... if i've got rejected from LSE last year due to the absence of A* for maths in my forecast under the L101 course, but then my teacher recently updated my forecast after the AS results came out. do you think i have a chance if i email the uni? my forecast is now A*A*AA for phy, math, econs and further math respectively...
If I were you I'd send it right away
Firaila
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by suki92)
Hi, i've got a letter from UCL from L100 Economics saying that they intend to give me an offer, but i need to go to an open day before they do. Has anyone been to one of these this year and if so what should i expect, any interviewing etc?
There's no interview (or at least there wasn't)

You get a talk, drinks break where you can ask questions then a tour of UCL, it's over pretty quickly.
gashh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bath A*AA
Exeter AAA
Nottingham AAB

Out of those 3 which one is the most prestigious one internationally and if I later want to go into finance?
angelic03
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sheng)
I think that they have probably already given out all of their offers.. But still, you don't loose anything by trying. They just MIGHT change their mind. I personally (also being rejected from LSE) am not going to bother.

(Original post by gashh)
Bath A*AA
Exeter AAA
Nottingham AAB

Out of those 3 which one is the most prestigious one internationally and if I later want to go into finance?
Bath no brainer. Its a really good uni and clearly because the offer is higher than notts and exeter, they only want the top people.
LethalResistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by angelic03)
lol, well good luck hearing from them! I called warwick up to tell them my results because I haven't heard from them either, but they already know!

Also, it might be worth emailing/calling the unis that have rejected you if your jan exams changed any of your grades...
Once you've been rejected, it's final.
Tateco
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gashh)
Bath A*AA
Exeter AAA
Nottingham AAB

Mind me asking what your GCSEs and A-level scores are like?
angelic03
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LethalResistant)
Once you've been rejected, it's final.
not necessarily. You might have changed your AS and A2 (if retaking an A2 from doing it early) grades, so they still might be able to consider you.

I called up some unis that rejected me and they said they were willing to reconsider.
User239664
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anybody going to the Birmingham economics Applicants day on wednesday???

I completely forgot about it till today! Now i have to go by myself haha
ellie_velvet
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by i.love.heroes)
Anybody going to the Birmingham economics Applicants day on wednesday???

I completely forgot about it till today! Now i have to go by myself haha
Ha, that's funny, haven't been on this thread for ages, and just clicked on it to see if anyone was going to the Application Open Day on Wednesday! Are you planning on firming Birmingham Uni? It was my only offer, so I already have.. Ha. Also, have you applied for accommodation yet?
User239664
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes i firmed it the other day
couldn't decide between nottingham and birmingham but birmingham is a better city (in my opinion) haha well birminghams the best one to get an offer from anyway!
yeh i have, i put mainly vale ensuite. mason, elgar etc. then the duplex. you?
User239664
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ellie_velvet)
Ha, that's funny, haven't been on this thread for ages, and just clicked on it to see if anyone was going to the Application Open Day on Wednesday! Are you planning on firming Birmingham Uni? It was my only offer, so I already have.. Ha. Also, have you applied for accommodation yet?
^forgot to quote you
a2student01
Report 7 years ago
Which one should I choose, Exeter or York?
LethalResistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by angelic03)
not necessarily. You might have changed your AS and A2 (if retaking an A2 from doing it early) grades, so they still might be able to consider you.

I called up some unis that rejected me and they said they were willing to reconsider.
Unless you have cashed in your grades last year, I don't think universities would have known about your UMS/grades last year. So they may have rejected you based on other factors, eg. GCSEs/personal statement/reference. It's not like they do not believe you would meet their grade requirements, because at the end, you need to GET those grades to get in. Maybe they've found stronger applicants that deserve the place more than you do. If they give out offers to everyone, there would just be too many people admitted than they can possibly take in.
But I maybe wrong, and good luck in your appeal.
Last edited by LethalResistant; 7 years ago
ellie_velvet
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by i.love.heroes)
Yes i firmed it the other day
couldn't decide between nottingham and birmingham but birmingham is a better city (in my opinion) haha well birminghams the best one to get an offer from anyway!
yeh i have, i put mainly vale ensuite. mason, elgar etc. then the duplex. you?
I applied for accommodation about 5 weeks ago, but I've had no reply! Do you think that's okay?! Really scared I'm going to end up somewhere rubbish cos they keep on saying 'Apply as soon as you get an offer because accommodation goes quickly', etc.. I actually can't remember where I applied though.. All on The Vale though. See you tomorrow then! Although obviously we won't know each other, haha.
User239664
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ellie_velvet)
I applied for accommodation about 5 weeks ago, but I've had no reply! Do you think that's okay?! Really scared I'm going to end up somewhere rubbish cos they keep on saying 'Apply as soon as you get an offer because accommodation goes quickly', etc.. I actually can't remember where I applied though.. All on The Vale though. See you tomorrow then! Although obviously we won't know each other, haha.
You should email them and check they've had it just in case! I couldn't decide between all girls or mixed but went for mixed in the end. I was thinking our course is mainly guys but then people we share accomodation with do different courses anyway!
haha see you tomorrow!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (360)
91.84%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (32)
8.16%

Watched Threads