ReputationRep:
    (Original post by India13)
    Warwick Economics A*AAA
    Congrats

(Original post by 24craigour)
    Just rejected from UCL :cry: ****
    Unlucky Hope other uni's go well

(Original post by PaddyD15)
    Just been invited to interview at St Annes Oxford for Economics and Management
    Nice one! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Young Economist)
    Congrats

Unlucky Hope other uni's go well

Nice one! Good luck
    thanks =( oh well, hopefully i can get Camb to give me an offer...

ReputationRep:
    thanks =( oh well, hopefully i can get Camb to give me an offer...
    All the best which college??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awlright)
    Congrats what were your grades/predicted grades like ?
    Thank you

GCSEs 11 A*s and an A
    AS: AAAA and A* in maths
    A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*A (A in futher maths)

where are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Just been invited to interview at St Annes Oxford for Economics and Management
    Very nicely done!! What are your grades like if you dont mind me asking? Also how well do you think you did on the TSA?

ReputationRep:
    All the best which college??
    Pembroke. Back to more reading.......

ReputationRep:
    Pembroke. Back to more reading.......
    Lovely How are you going about preparing? What you reading??

ReputationRep:
    Lovely How are you going about preparing? What you reading??
    I'm splitting my interview preparation into 3
    -general maths revision. I'm going over some statitstics like null hyporthesis, etc and also going back on some calculus, matrix work etc
    -Making mind maps of current events, likely questions that I'll be asked, work experience I did
    -General wider reading. I've just finished Making Globalization Work by Joseph Stiglitx (:love:) and I'm starting on freefall by him too, but after that I'll most likely start Will Europe work? or maybe Paul Krugman's Peddling Prosperity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by housey11)
    Very nicely done!! What are your grades like if you dont mind me asking? Also how well do you think you did on the TSA?
    My grades are 4A*6A at GCSE and 3A*2A at A level (with A*Maths and Economics). As for the TSA I really don't know but last year I got an average of 67.7. You applying to St Annes also?

ReputationRep:
    Subject Economics
    Offers: Durham - AAA w.Maths and Economics
    Southampton - ABBB
    City - AAB

Any UK students heard from Warwick yet please?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My grades are 4A*6A at GCSE and 3A*2A at A level (with A*Maths and Economics). As for the TSA I really don't know but last year I got an average of 67.7. You applying to St Annes also?
    No but your the first of the e and m that ive heard of, im going for brasenose. my gcses arent a million miles away from yours which is reassuring, but my a2 predictions are only A*AA, do you think i have a chance???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharn0065)
    Subject Economics
    Offers: Durham - AAA w.Maths and Economics
    Southampton - ABBB
    City - AAB

Any UK students heard from Warwick yet please?

Thanks
    How did you find out about Durham? Did you find out which college, and what were your grades like?

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out about Durham? Did you find out which college, and what were your grades like?
    I found out about Durham through UCAS. Check the Durham AES, and if it's been sent off to the college, then you will likely receive an offer within a week, that's what happened with a few people at my school now, as well as me. They tell you the college within three weeks of the offer as they have amended the process.

My grades at GCSE were pretty standard 3 A*, 6 A, 2 B, 1 D
    But my precited grades are A* A* A* A (Economics, Gov and Pol, Religious Studies, and the A in Maths).

Hope this helps, and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accesstohe)
    Anybody recieved offers from Manchester, Essex, Loughborough, or Hull for straight econ? or Nottingham for Inustrial Economics?
    yes I've got offers from manchester and loughborough, both AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharn0065)
    I found out about Durham through UCAS. Check the Durham AES, and if it's been sent off to the college, then you will likely receive an offer within a week, that's what happened with a few people at my school now, as well as me. They tell you the college within three weeks of the offer as they have amended the process.

My grades at GCSE were pretty standard 3 A*, 6 A, 2 B, 1 D
    But my precited grades are A* A* A* A (Economics, Gov and Pol, Religious Studies, and the A in Maths).

Hope this helps, and good luck.
    interesting as my gcses are like yours 5a*s 4as 2bs and a d, but my predictions are only a*aa. hoopefully ill still receive an offer...

ReputationRep:
    No but your the first of the e and m that ive heard of, im going for brasenose. my gcses arent a million miles away from yours which is reassuring, but my a2 predictions are only A*AA, do you think i have a chance???
    To be honest, I believe that a majority of the decision made at Oxford is down to the interview. So hopefully you will get one and then, at interview, it is all down to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsgeek)
    yes I've got offers from manchester and loughborough, both AAB
    Congrats on your offers

Do you mind if I ask when you sent off your UCAS form and how long it was until you received the offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accesstohe)
    Congrats on your offers

Do you mind if I ask when you sent off your UCAS form and how long it was until you received the offers?
    thanks

sent on the 1st of november and got manchester's on the 5th and loughborough wasnt until last week

ReputationRep:
    Course: Economics
    University: London School of Economics
    Offer: A*AA (A* in Mathematics)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samprop)
    Course: Economics
    University: London School of Economics
    Offer: A*AA (A* in Mathematics)
    Me too!!! Well done

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.