Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharn0065)
    Oh good! I got mine on the 23rd November, yet to hear from them, but I'm guessing as yours was in for longer you got your offer first. Is that the College you applied for (I've applied to University)?
    Yes, definitely thought i was going to be rejected :')
    University is stunning! Hope you get innnn

ReputationRep:
    Have many had offers from Durham for Economics L100. I had it marked as a banker offer but still haven't heard back from it. I already have a conditional offer form UCL for economics without interview, which confirms my personal statement and references must be up to scratch. I have 9A* at GCSE and predicted 3A* at A level in Economics (AS 94%), Maths (AS 97%) and geography (AS 100%) with an A at AS Further Maths...Seems strange with people gaining offers form Durham in this thread with D's at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econdon)
    Just got a Birmingham offer AAB!!
    Nice one! Email or track? or a letter??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckelly674)
    Seems strange with people gaining offers form Durham in this thread with D's at GCSE.
    Maybe a little infrequent, but a truly good personal statement and AS grades will usually make up for a (relatively small) loss in GCSE grades. It's not like they were getting 5Bs and 5Ds... Dx

ReputationRep:
    nice one , im still waiting though its one of my top choices. probably wont hear for a while though because my school only sent it off on the 15th. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    just got oxford interview for e&m at hertford

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think is the last date by which Oxford would reply as it is getting perilously close to the interview dates!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bandy09)
    just got oxford interview for e&m at hertford
    Me too! :woo:

(Original post by shubham_ag)
    What do you guys think is the last date by which Oxford would reply as it is getting perilously close to the interview dates!!
    About a week before the date. Which college did you apply to? And have you heard back from the other universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfg0987)

About a week before the date. Which college did you apply to? And have you heard back from the other universities?
    I didn't receive an UCAS offer from any yet.

But I heard from UCL yesterday. Since my qualifications are non standard, they asked me to mail them a syllabus of the topics I would be covering under Maths in my first year of study at Delhi University !! Don't know what that means though!! :confused:

And I have applied to St.Peter's college for E&M. You know the interview dates there ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfg0987)

So, do you plan to go all they way from Auckland to Oxford for the interview.!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Course: Economics L100
    University: University of Birmingham
    Offer: AAB from any 3 of my subjects
    Reaction: My second offer. Very nice but it takes sooo long, nearly 2 months since I sent my UCAS

ReputationRep:
    GL100 ( Mathematics and Economics )
    University of York
    AAB
    Including A in Math
    Received via track
    Yahooooo

ReputationRep:

(Original post by anne9)
    Reaction: My second offer. Very nice but it takes sooo long, nearly 2 months since I sent my UCAS
    haha i got it today as well quite happy though it's my insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat.chan)
    I sent mine off 14th of October and Ive had no response yet .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anne9)

(Original post by cat.chan)

Nice one guys! Via track may i ask??

ReputationRep:
    Leicester Economics ABB , when I saw that track had updated, hoped that it was Birmingham. Shame it was my 5th choice but glad to have an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wezzler)
    Leicester Economics ABB , when I saw that track had updated, hoped that it was Birmingham. Shame it was my 5th choice but glad to have an offer.
    Have you applied for the BA or BSc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramin Gorji)
    I sent mine off 14th of October and Ive had no response yet .
    Don't worry! It'll come soon!! good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura-alice26)
    Have you applied for the BA or BSc?
    Bsc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Young Economist)
    Nice one guys! Via track may i ask??
    yea via track!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.