Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wezzler)
    Bsc.
    me too! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat.chan)
    Don't worry! It'll come soon!! good luck
    Thanks Congratulations with Birmingham , and good luck with your other universities

ReputationRep:
    I also received Birm offer through Track. Tomorrow I need to go to UCL Open Day and the traffic where I live is so horrible (suspended bus service, delay train etc), I don't know if I can make it to London *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Manchester AAB- offer
    Liverpool ABB- offer
    Lancaster AAB- offer
    Loughborough AAB- offer
    Birmingham AAB- pending

ReputationRep:
    got a letter from UCL today asking me to attend a open day on 2nd Feb

ReputationRep:
    i have an offer for bath, and now I recieved an email, inviting me to an open day.
    As I understand, I don't HAVE TO attend it, as I already have an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philippat)
    i have an offer for bath, and now I recieved an email, inviting me to an open day.
    As I understand, I don't HAVE TO attend it, as I already have an offer?
    In theory no, but you probably should! Bath is loveeeelyyyyyyy Plus you might as well get a feel of things there AND A DAY OFF WOOP!

ReputationRep:
    UCAS track came through last night

Course: Economics
    University: Manchester
    Offer: Unconditional

ReputationRep:
    Oxford rejected me just now.

UCL and LSE are my only hope now.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Mr. Agarwal,

Thank you for applying to Oxford to read Economics and Management. I am writing to let you know that the tutors here have had an opportunity to consider your application and that we have now completed the first stages of our selection procedures.

Unfortunately, in view of the overall competition for places this year, and after consultation with other colleges, I am sorry to tell you that we shall not be able to offer you a place at Oxford and that your application is no longer under consideration by any of the colleges here.

The College will be writing directly to your UCAS referee in due course about your application, unless you have indicated that you do not wish a report to be sent.

I do realise how disappointing this will be for you and I am sorry not to have better news regarding your application here. I hope, however, that you will be successful in gaining admission to one of the other universities to which you have applied.

Yours sincerely,

Martin Brown
    Deputy Registrar
    St Peter’s College
    University of Oxford
    This is what an Oxford rejection looks like guys.
    Fcking feel like killing yourself after reading this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shubham_ag)
    Oxford rejected me just now.

UCL and LSE are my only hope now.
    commiserations mate! Yup competition is really stiff now. Are you international? Anyway all the best for UCL and LSE! I certainly hope that you'll choose UCL eventually!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugeneho)
    commiserations mate! Yup competition is really stiff now. Are you international? Anyway all the best for UCL and LSE! I certainly hope that you'll choose UCL eventually!
    Yup, I am from India.

And I heard LSE and UCL are relatively easier to get into for international students as compared to Oxford because they like admit around half international students and want to maintain a diversity while Oxford prefers Brits!!

Is this even remotely true??

BTW I got a mail from UCL 2 days back saying that they wanted to know my First year Maths syllabus in Delhi University before they can process my application further. What would you make of that?

ReputationRep:
    PS: I would just love UCL. Being in the same university as Christopher Nolan would be frigging amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I am from India.

And I heard LSE and UCL are relatively easier to get into for international students as compared to Oxford because they like admit around half international students and want to maintain a diversity while Oxford prefers Brits!!

Is this even remotely true??

BTW I got a mail from UCL 2 days back saying that they wanted to know my First year Maths syllabus in Delhi University before they can process my application further. What would you make of that?
    It seems that LSE and UCL admit a large percentage of international students, so you should remain optimistic .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john0401)
    It seems that LSE and UCL admit a large percentage of international students, so you should remain optimistic .
    I certainly hope so. I'd be so devastated otherwise !!

I don't wanna go to Warwick or Bristol. I was hoping one among LSE, UCL or Oxford would make me an offer!!

ReputationRep:
    WOW just WOW !!
    I got an Unconditional offer from Bristol right now !!

Though, I am not going there under any circumstances, still it feel's nice!!
    Somewhat of a band-aid after the Oxford rejection!!

ReputationRep:
    WOW just WOW !!
    I got an Unconditional offer from Bristol right now !!

Though, I am not going there under any circumstances, still it feel's nice!!
    Somewhat of a band-aid after the Oxford rejection!!
    Why apply there then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexreedbrewer)
    Why apply there then?
    2 Reasons:

1)An Offer always looks nice, whichever university.
    2)I had to use up my 5 choices!!

ReputationRep:
    2 Reasons:

1)An Offer always looks nice, whichever university.
    2)I had to use up my 5 choices!!
    I'll let others judge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexreedbrewer)
    Why apply there then?
    Agreed.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.