Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica111)
    I applied around 20th October? I think... and they may be waiting for the deadline in January, but I've seen a lot of people on here have got offers for the course I'm applying to do at Bath. But anyway, I asked them and they all seem to be predicted straight A*s and achieved straight A*s at GCSEs etc, but we'll see, only time will tell! Where are you applying?
    Bare in mind, it has got to do with a lot more factors than grades.
    No where.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by India13)
    Yeah same i got that letter, i think it basically means you just need to go to the open day and you'll get an offer.

well i hope so
    just wondering what date your open day invite was?!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick, A*AAA to include Math and Further Math. ****ing hell why ask for four A Levels? Meh at least no rejections so far .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica111)
    I applied around 20th October? I think... and they may be waiting for the deadline in January, but I've seen a lot of people on here have got offers for the course I'm applying to do at Bath. But anyway, I asked them and they all seem to be predicted straight A*s and achieved straight A*s at GCSEs etc, but we'll see, only time will tell! Where are you applying?
    I got an offer from Bath a while back and I'm not predicted straight A*'s (only 1) and I didn't get straight A*'s at GCSE (50/50 A*/A). I have a feeling that they're giving a lot of offers to people applying to Oxbridge knowing that a lot of them won't choose Bath either as a main choice or a backup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfg0987)
    Warwick, A*AAA to include Math and Further Math. ****ing hell why ask for four A Levels? Meh at least no rejections so far .
    As you do further maths , as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speckle)
    I got an offer from Bath a while back and I'm not predicted straight A*'s (only 1) and I didn't get straight A*'s at GCSE (50/50 A*/A). I have a feeling that they're giving a lot of offers to people applying to Oxbridge knowing that a lot of them won't choose Bath either as a main choice or a backup.
    Why would they do that?

ReputationRep:
    My friend got ABB offers from Leicester for BSc Economics (today), and from Royal Holloway for BSc Economics (last week)... applied 17th November. Just thought I'd post it just to alert anyone else who's applied here! He got ABCC at AS, predicted AAC

ReputationRep:
    University of Leeds
    Economics L100 AAA

Sent off my application on the 12th November, my first offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chisletts)
    University of Leeds
    Economics L100 AAA

Sent off my application on the 12th November, my first offer!
    Well done, where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Got all my offers now!
    Leeds: AAA
    York, Lancaster, Loughborough, Newcastle: AAB

Wish I knew where I want to go!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just received an offer from Nottingham.

GCE A Levels : AB required

ReputationRep:
    Just recieved a conditional from Essex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfg0987)
    Meh exactly. I now have four rejections. I cannot believe my luck. 3A* 1A predicted A-Levels and 5A*5A at GCSE.
    I think a Gap Year is calling.

Congratulations though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anradu)
    Meh exactly. I now have four rejections. I cannot believe my luck. 3A* 1A predicted A-Levels and 5A*5A at GCSE.
    I think a Gap Year is calling.

Congratulations though!
    Where did you apply, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    Well done, where else did you apply?
    I applied to Loughborough, Birmingham, Newcastle and Liverpool. very happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allystar)
    Got all my offers now!
    Leeds: AAA
    York, Lancaster, Loughborough, Newcastle: AAB

Wish I knew where I want to go!

You got an offer from Loughbrough well done! what are your grades and when did you apply? i aint heard anything from loughborough at all but got an offer from Leeds so not all bad

ReputationRep:
    *subscribes*

ReputationRep:
    L100 - Economics
    Loughborough
    Conditional: AAB

Really chuffed as it's my first offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joebarron)
    L100 - Economics
    Loughborough
    Conditional: AAB

Really chuffed as it's my first offer
    when did you apply and what are your grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patston)
    Where did you apply, out of interest?
    UCL, Cambridge, Warwick, LSE and Bristol. I'm slightly shocked and disappointed - I wasn't expecting rejections from both UCL and Warwick. I guess it happens. Hopefully I'll receive some feedback from Warwick and LSE. UCL on the otherhand wrote: Regretfully, your academic record to date does not warrant further consideration"
    Yourself?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.