Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anradu)
    UCL, Cambridge, Warwick, LSE and Bristol. I'm slightly shocked and disappointed - I wasn't expecting rejections from both UCL and Warwick. I guess it happens. Hopefully I'll receive some feedback from Warwick and LSE. UCL on the otherhand wrote: Regretfully, your academic record to date does not warrant further consideration"
    Yourself?
    What are your grades?
    GCSE and AS Levels

ReputationRep:
    UCL, Cambridge, Warwick, LSE and Bristol. I'm slightly shocked and disappointed - I wasn't expecting rejections from both UCL and Warwick. I guess it happens. Hopefully I'll receive some feedback from Warwick and LSE. UCL on the otherhand wrote: Regretfully, your academic record to date does not warrant further consideration"
    Yourself?

OMG !! I applied to exactly the same places !! :eek:

Got Oxford and LSE rejections and an unconditional from Bristol. Waiting for UCL's rejection now !!
    Are you an international or a Brit student ?

EDIT: Sorry. Applied to Oxford instead of your Cambridge! :-/

ReputationRep:
    Got a CONDITIONAL OFFER FROM UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON for BSC ECONOMICS !!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And tomorrow--9th is my birthday as well!! Best Birthday gift ever!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shubham_ag)
    OMG !! I applied to exactly the same places !! :eek:

Got Oxford and LSE rejections and an unconditional from Bristol. Waiting for UCL's rejection now !!
    Are you an international or a Brit student ?

EDIT: Sorry. Applied to Oxford instead of your Cambridge! :-/
    I'm British...ARGH I'm pulling out my hair.
    I'm started to plan my gap year. After four rejections I just do not expect any offers from Bristol.
    Unconditional from Bristol? Congratulations. How I envy you right now.
    What were your grades?
    I didn't like Warwick particularly - but preferred it much more compared to Manchester/York/etc.
    I love cities - so Bristol would be nice. London would have been a dream especially UCL and LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    What are your grades?
    GCSE and AS Levels
    5A* and 5A's at GCSE
    3A* and 1A at A-Level

ReputationRep:
    Don't suppose anyone knows when I'll hear from Warwick? After having 2 rejections from UCL and Oxford, I'm starting to get worried!

ReputationRep:
    I'm started to plan my gap year. After four rejections I just do not expect any offers from Bristol.
    What were your grades?
    I didn't like Warwick particularly - but preferred it much more compared to Manchester/York/etc.
    I love cities - so Bristol would be nice. London would have been a dream especially UCL and LSE.
    Don't worry. You''ll definitely get one from Bristol!!
    Wish there was some way to transfer offers. I'd give you mine then coz I got one from UCL !!

ReputationRep:
    Southampton University
    Economics
    AAB

ReputationRep:
    University of Nottingham
    Economics
    AB

ReputationRep:
    What were your grades?
    Seems very unfair that they all rejected you but 5 A*AA unis? A little too confident there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speckle)
    Seems very unfair that they all rejected you but 5 A*AA unis? A little too confident there?
    The guy got freaking 3 A* and 1 A at A level, you wouldn't have thought rejections were possible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ITrocks)
    Just got an offer from UCL

A* in Maths
    A in Economics
    A in Chem or Bio

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW OIUPOI*&U)@(*&)(*@^#)(^*$^%#87^$ %
    what were your gcses/AS/predicted grades like?

thanks hoping to apply next year

ReputationRep:
    ive applied to :
    warwick
    bath
    bristol
    leeds
    surrey

to study Economics L100

i got 5As at AS
    and gcse: 3A* 5A 4B 2C

im really worried about reply from warwick..was i aiming too highh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    The guy got freaking 3 A* and 1 A at A level, you wouldn't have thought rejections were possible!
    Well, entry to two are like winning the lottery. The other 3 would either be bad luck due to good competition, or a poor personal statement, or poor UMS scores which made 3 A* predictions seem too optimistic. It happens a lot unfortunately.

(Original post by dhartipatel)
    im really worried about reply from warwick..was i aiming too highh
    Nope, assuming you were predicted at least one A*. You have other reasonable options in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badrkahandaman)
    Economics
    Bath
    A*AA (inc. Econ and Maths) :mad:
    SNAP! I got exactly the same offer just somehow yours came soo early!:eek:
    I think you want the A* in Maths??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samprop)
    Course: Economics
    University: London School of Economics
    Offer: A*AA (A* in Mathematics)
    can i ask what your GCSEs AS's and predicted grades were like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chelle-belle)

Nope, assuming you were predicted at least one A*. You have other reasonable options in there.

thanks, im predicted A*AAA and i do maths economics computing and biology..its just because my gcses werent soo great

ReputationRep:
    Yourself?
    Ah fair enough. I applied to LSE, Warwick, Nottingham, Southampton and Cardiff.
    Offers from Cardiff and Southampton. No rejections as of yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhartipatel)
    thanks, im predicted A*AAA and i do maths economics computing and biology..its just because my gcses werent soo great
    Ah. Interesting third and fourth subjects; might affect your application a bit, but if your A* was in Maths you should be a little relieved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chelle-belle)
    Ah. Interesting third and fourth subjects; might affect your application a bit, but if your A* was in Maths you should be a little relieved

well yep it was in maths and if not warwick then hopefully bath and leeds i just dont wanna be rejected by all of them..that would be horrible

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.