The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joebarron
god im really panicing now! do you not think your personal statement was very good then?

don't panic! i know someone predicted 3 A's, similar results to me and they got the offer, so don't worry! Thats pretty much why i think it may have been my personal statement, i don't think its amazing but i don't think its terrible, just not too sure what it is :confused:
Reply 821
I'm an IB student predicted 35points excluding bonus points with a 6 in Math HL. What are my chances of getting into Warwick, Queen Mary, and Surrey.

So far I've received offers from RHUL (32 and 5 in Math) and City (35)

These offers are all inclusive of bonus points. Thanks
Original post by Shaneel
I'm an IB student predicted 35points excluding bonus points with a 6 in Math HL. What are my chances of getting into Warwick, Queen Mary, and Surrey.

So far I've received offers from RHUL (32 and 5 in Math) and City (35)

These offers are all inclusive of bonus points. Thanks

I think you should get offers from Queen Mary and Surrey (as long as your personal statement is fine, which it should be sice you have 2 offers already).

Warwick might be the tricky one - their standard requirements are 38 with a 6 in HL Math and so, you would have to get all your 3 bonus points essentially. That would be a 50/50 IMO.
Reply 823
Thanks. Hopefully it all works out. Also, do you know if bonus points are predicted and sent off to UCAS? Or does everyone get a standard range of 0-3 points predicted? My school isn't giving me a straight answer!
Reply 824
Original post by Glen_Nichols
When did you send off your app? I applied to Surrey and it was processed by UCAS on the 29th.

I sent off my app around the end of november.
If I sent my application around the end of November, do you think its possible for me to get a reply from my universities (UCL, LSE, Warwick, Edinburgh) despite the fact that Econs is a highly competitive course by January 20th?

(Its really important that I get my offers soon or at least by the end of January, I'm panicking!!)
Reply 826
Original post by ParadiseLost999
If I sent my application around the end of November, do you think its possible for me to get a reply from my universities (UCL, LSE, Warwick, Edinburgh) despite the fact that Econs is a highly competitive course by January 20th?

(Its really important that I get my offers soon or at least by the end of January, I'm panicking!!)

Why is it important? :zomg:
Scholarship applications in my country needs at least a conditional offer, I have none yet, and the deadline is nearing... (and the American universities I applied to wont reply till March..)
(edited 13 years ago)
Has anyone actually had replies from warwick or ucl for l100 bsc economics. If so can i please tell me the grades u habe obtained so i know if i stand a chance
Reply 829
Original post by shay_5293
Has anyone actually had replies from warwick or ucl for l100 bsc economics. If so can i please tell me the grades u habe obtained so i know if i stand a chance

UCL Economics L100
GCSEs 9A* 2A
AS Level - 4 A in Geo (100%) Maths (97%) Economics (93%) Further Maths
A level predicted - A*A*A* in Geo Math and Economics
Reply 830
Just got an A*AA offer from cambridge:smile:)
Original post by ckelly674
UCL Economics L100
GCSEs 9A* 2A
AS Level - 4 A in Geo (100%) Maths (97%) Economics (93%) Further Maths
A level predicted - A*A*A* in Geo Math and Economics

Nice some really good grades, congratz on ur offer.

My gcses are : 4 A* and 6 As
As level ; maths (97%) physics (88%) eco (85%) and chemisry (82%)
A levels predicted A* AA with A* in maths

Do you reckon i have a decent chance of being accepted
Reply 832
Original post by rohitronaldo
I think you should get offers from Queen Mary and Surrey (as long as your personal statement is fine, which it should be sice you have 2 offers already).

Warwick might be the tricky one - their standard requirements are 38 with a 6 in HL Math and so, you would have to get all your 3 bonus points essentially. That would be a 50/50 IMO.

I just got an offer from QMUL IB 36 points with 5 in Math HL and 5 in English HL
I'VE GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bristol
A*AA
Original post by glen_nichols
i've got an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bristol
a*aa

well done!
Original post by Glen_Nichols
I'VE GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bristol
A*AA

good lad. I probably should have applied there but too close to home i thought. sounds sick uni though. well done.

anyway it's manchester for me unless LSE do a job and give us an offer with AABB at AS, ahaha. :[
Original post by suki92
Offer from Birmingham L100 Economics AAB

Applied to: LSE, UCL, Bristol (Economics & Finance), Nottingham and Bristol

GCSE:11A*
AS:4As - Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Mathematics
A2 Predictions : 3A*s (dropped biology) and an A* in the EPQ

Was wondering about my chances about getting into LSE and UCL, due to my lack of further maths anybody got any comments? Quote in replys please.

Cheers

Red hot favourite? x
Reply 837
First offer! :wink:
Bristol L100 AAB
Reply 838
Original post by kazaf
First offer! :wink:
Bristol L100 AAB

Interesting, could you tell me what grades you got please and offers from anywhere else?
Well Done
Reply 839
Original post by jos10
Just got an A*AA offer from cambridge:smile:)

Well Done.

Latest

Trending

Trending