Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plinguu)
    yep, i did
    my predicted grades are A*(maths)A*(economics)A*(latin)A (further maths)A(physics)
    my offer is A*AAA
    Did you get into Cambridge in the end? Also, I know someone who knows you I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.love.heroes)
    you got rejected from birmingham? did you get any feedback from them/ know why? what are your grades like?
    i haven't heard back from them yet :|
    Yeah i was kinda about it lol erm they said I have to contact them, might just do it after i get my resit out of the way tomorrow.

GCSEs: A* Maths, 10 A's, 1 B

AS: Maths A (282/300), Geography A (178/200 and 80/80 in unit 4 taken early), Economics B (155/200 ) and Physics B (234/360) which i dropped.

Predicted A*A*A in Maths Geog and Economics

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter from UCL about a month back saying they wanted to give me an offer but first I had to go down to London to attend an open day... Does anyone know if they're going to slyly spring an interview on me or am i safe? :')
    Definitelyy need to prepare if its an interview :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessibobs)
    I got a letter from UCL about a month back saying they wanted to give me an offer but first I had to go down to London to attend an open day... Does anyone know if they're going to slyly spring an interview on me or am i safe? :')
    Feb 2nd?

I want to know the answer to this too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessibobs)

(Original post by Firaila)
    Feb 2nd?

I want to know the answer to this too
    I had this last year. Definitely not an interview. It's just an excuse for them to try and sell the Uni/Course to you. And, an excuse for you guys to get loads of free food :p: and have a tour of the Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Speak to me Durham!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    I had this last year. Definitely not an interview. It's just an excuse for them to try and sell the Uni/Course to you. And, an excuse for you guys to get loads of free food :p: and have a tour of the Uni.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just wanted to know what the best university is for Bsc economics out of the following: Royal Holloway, City University, Queen Mary, Uni of Surrey.

Below are my IB offers in case you were wondering:

Royal Holloway 32 points with 5 in HL Math
    City University 35 points
    Queen Mary 36 Points with 5 in HL Math and 5 HL English
    Surrey 35 points with 6 in HL Math

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    City is the only stand out for me, and thats since its got cass business school, which isnt exactly the most amazing thing but its known, however i hated city/cass when i went on the open day, it was bleak, bland, boring and looked so bloody dull, like no atmosphere, fair enough its in the centre of london, but it had no sense of uni community if you get what im saying, suppose its because i like campus unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaneel)
    Hey, I just wanted to know what the best university is for Bsc economics out of the following: Royal Holloway, City University, Queen Mary, Uni of Surrey.

Below are my IB offers in case you were wondering:

Royal Holloway 32 points with 5 in HL Math
    City University 35 points
    Queen Mary 36 Points with 5 in HL Math and 5 HL English
    Surrey 35 points with 6 in HL Math

Thanks
    I think it would be Surrey, probably because of the work placement year. It gives a nice balance of both theory and practice .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshnit)
    City is the only stand out for me, and thats since its got cass business school, which isnt exactly the most amazing thing but its known, however i hated city/cass when i went on the open day, it was bleak, bland, boring and looked so bloody dull, like no atmosphere, fair enough its in the centre of london, but it had no sense of uni community if you get what im saying, suppose its because i like campus unis
    But Economics isn't run by Cass, its run by social sciences department I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesnowman)
    But Economics isn't run by Cass, its run by social sciences department I think
    Sorry yes you're right, no idea then tbh, guess you like london, so city still has some sort of edge out of the 4

ReputationRep:
    I havent heard anything yet from Warwick Notts or Bristol

I know that there gonna look at me after Jan 15th but anyone else with offers from these Uni's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therockandsock)
    I havent heard anything yet from Warwick Notts or Bristol

I know that there gonna look at me after Jan 15th but anyone else with offers from these Uni's
    Got a Bristol offer (despite being sent the wait until January email). Also still waiting for Warwick and Notts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodinjodin)
    Course: Economics
    University: Durham
    Offer: 34 IB points
    Well Done! are you an international applicant because your offer is so low compared to the standard what are you higher level subjects and prediction? THanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdawg)
    Got a Bristol offer (despite being sent the wait until January email). Also still waiting for Warwick and Notts.
    What sort of grades did you get , did you apply to anything else
    Im waiting on LSe Econ and Econ Hist and rejected by Oxford E&M

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therockandsock)
    What sort of grades did you get , did you apply to anything else
    Im waiting on LSe Econ and Econ Hist and rejected by Oxford E&M
    It's all in my sig (posted nearer the top of the page).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chisletts)
    You got an offer from Loughbrough well done! what are your grades and when did you apply? i aint heard anything from loughborough at all but got an offer from Leeds so not all bad
    Well DOne! When did you send your application off what were your greades and are you an international student? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdawg)
    Same.. Warwick and Nottingham are my top 2 choices as well...

ReputationRep:
    offers from Nott/ Bristol/ Durham and Lancaster

Southampton is the only one which ignore me...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.