The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by mlsdbk
Well DOne! When did you send your application off what were your greades and are you an international student? Thanks x

Hi, no im not an international student, got offers from Birmingham, Loughborough, Leeds, Liverpool and Newcastle. Sent my application on the 12th November. Got AABB in Bus St, History, Eng Lit and Maths. Predicted A*AA. Gcses got 2A* 6A 4B. not outstanding grades so im guessing i put in a very good personal statement. hope this helps
Reply 901
Am I right when I say Surrey>Queen Mary>City>Royal Holloway?
Original post by Shaneel

Original post by Shaneel
Am I right when I say Surrey>Queen Mary>City>Royal Holloway?

I would say City > QM > RH > Surrey
Original post by therockandsock
I havent heard anything yet from Warwick Notts or Bristol

I know that there gonna look at me after Jan 15th but anyone else with offers from these Uni's

Literally exactly the same for me. I've heard from Bath and York but nothing from Notts Warwick or Bristol. Fingers crossed for Jan 15th ey.
Original post by pinggor
Same.. Warwick and Nottingham are my top 2 choices as well...

I also got the Bristol email, I am too waiting for notts and warwick :-)
Reply 905
Original post by chisletts
Hi, no im not an international student, got offers from Birmingham, Loughborough, Leeds, Liverpool and Newcastle. Sent my application on the 12th November. Got AABB in Bus St, History, Eng Lit and Maths. Predicted A*AA. Gcses got 2A* 6A 4B. not outstanding grades so im guessing i put in a very good personal statement. hope this helps

Reply 906
Bristol E+M Offer - Unconditional
Reply 907
Original post by PaddyD15
Bristol E+M Offer - Unconditional

Wow well done :smile: are you applying post-a levels? what were your grades :smile:
Original post by sam_lee123456
Literally exactly the same for me. I've heard from Bath and York but nothing from Notts Warwick or Bristol. Fingers crossed for Jan 15th ey.

Done well to get Bath, im not too sure about Me getting Bristol since the applicants to people getting in is ridiculous (1000/25) something stupid like that

I would obviously love LSE for my course of (Econ and Econ hist) or Warwick but all these uni's are very good

Warwick is a bit of a dodgy place for me as someone who loves London. Im sure that everything will work out because in the long term your looking at getting a first or a 2:1 will be slightly easier at lesser Uni's
Original post by Mdawg
It's all in my sig (posted nearer the top of the page).

What the hell you already have Cambridge, your gonna be loaded by the end of the degree
What the hell you already have Cambridge, your gonna be loaded by the end of the degree

Probz pretty skint by the end of his degree
Reply 911
Original post by Glen_Nichols

Do go on...
Original post by Mdawg
Do go on...

Well.

Not many people are 'loaded' fresh out of uni!
Reply 913
Well.

Not many people are 'loaded' fresh out of uni!

True dat :tongue:
Reply 914
Original post by YhA_kaede
offers from Nott/ Bristol/ Durham and Lancaster :biggrin:

Southampton is the only one which ignore me...

Hey, i was wondering are you a international student?

agree that going to a good uni doesnt always constitute to a very good job, other factors are taken into consideration
I do not know much about getting jobs yet but people I talk to in the job industry say that Uni's Oxbridge LSE UCL and Warwick are target Uni's for coporate firms like JP PWC etc

hence a good chance he will have money
Reply 916
Original post by i have no name
hang on...did nottingham change your decision?! may i just asked how did that happen?im applying to nottingham with a 50/50 chance for rejection

No my rejection was based on a grade that was incorrect.
Reply 917
Original post by YhA_kaede
offers from Nott/ Bristol/ Durham and Lancaster :biggrin:

Southampton is the only one which ignore me...

Well done thats amazing!!! What were your subjects and a level and gcse grades if you dont mind me asking? Are you an international student? THanks and well done again! :smile:
Reply 918
agree that going to a good uni doesnt always constitute to a very good job, other factors are taken into consideration
I do not know much about getting jobs yet but people I talk to in the job industry say that Uni's Oxbridge LSE UCL and Warwick are target Uni's for coporate firms like JP PWC etc

hence a good chance he will have money

I don't think that's what he meant

I think he means, "by the end" of the degree a Cambridge student won't be loaded as they are yet to receive a job and students tend to live on smaller budgets...
But what are your AS grades? I suppose your A level choices are very narrow.

Made me lol

I would like an offer from Bristol please like you! (:
My grades are much like yours, got an offer of ABB from Surrey though... but haven't heard a peep from Bristol/Bath and sent my application off in October!!