Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitronaldo)
    41/42 with 7, 7, 7 in my HLs (Math, Economics, Business Management). We aren't told what we were predicted for the TOK/EE points.
    Wow! Where are you waiting to hear from?

ReputationRep:
    Will there be a load of offers next week?
    Nottingham and Bath (although Bath gave out a few offers beforehand) both said they wouldn't reply for economics until after the deadline and I applied mid-October, so does that mean I'll be likely to hear from them quite quickly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonc1993)
    Nottingham and Bath (although Bath gave out a few offers beforehand) both said they wouldn't reply for economics until after the deadline and I applied mid-October, so does that mean I'll be likely to hear from them quite quickly?
    I'm just waiting for these two now too, and this is purely a guess, but I think seeing as the point is to take everyone into account they might take a while before offering more out, as they'll be looking through a ton of applications. Unless of course they really like your application

ReputationRep:
    By now im sure your uniswould have made like very strong, strong, mediocre, weak, very weak piles or something similar, just been adding everyone into the piles unto the deadline, and now they should presumably give the offers to top end of the scale within their offer limit
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Shaneel)
    Wow! Where are you waiting to hear from?
    I have conditional offers from Oxford, Durham and Nottingham. Still waiting on LSE and Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frodalod)
    Durham: Economics
    Offer: AAA (in any of chemistry, economics, maths and further maths)

Which college did you get an offer from? (you can see the code on UCAS if you are unsure)

ReputationRep:
    Rohit and JNT:
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades like?
    42 with 7,6,6 in my HLs - Physics, Math and Economics... Rohit - congratulations on your offer!

ReputationRep:
    My offers are on my signature... Economics and History from Glasgow AAA, from Manchester ABB, Leeds, ABB, and Newcastle AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlsdbk)
    Well Done.. what were your grades if you dont mind me asking.. and are you an international student?
    Thanks.. 42 with 7,6,6 in my HLs - Physics, Math and Economics. Yes I am an international student. What responses have u had and which ones are u waiting for, if you don't mind my asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jnt)
    Thanks.. 42 with 7,6,6 in my HLs - Physics, Math and Economics. Yes I am an international student. What responses have u had and which ones are u waiting for, if you don't mind my asking.
    oh cool well done My prediction was 43 with 7,7,7 at higher.. I've applied to durham, york, leeds, sussex and nottingham.. but i'm still waiting for all my replies.. i applied early december so i'm not that surprised

ReputationRep:
    oh cool well done My prediction was 43 with 7,7,7 at higher.. I've applied to durham, york, leeds, sussex and nottingham.. but i'm still waiting for all my replies.. i applied early december so i'm not that surprised
    Thanks.. and good luck with your app.. u have fantastic grades!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jnt)
    42 with 7,6,6 in my HLs - Physics, Math and Economics... Rohit - congratulations on your offer!
    Thanks and congrats on your offer too! Now the nasty bit - working to meet those conditions

With such high grades, may I ask why you didn't apply to the very competitive ones - LSE, UCL, Oxbridge, Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonc1993)
    My friend got an offer from Nottingham on January 13th actually. She was predicted 42 points and got an offer for 34 with no subject specific requirements!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and congrats on your offer too! Now the nasty bit - working to meet those conditions

With such high grades, may I ask why you didn't apply to the very competitive ones - LSE, UCL, Oxbridge, Warwick.
    oh its because i wasn't planning on doing economics at uni so i only did standard level mathematics.. but I took it for higher level and then I realised I loved it and wanted to do it at uni.. Only LSE/ Oxbridge/ UCL and Warwick ask for higher level maths.. so though I have good grades I couldn't apply there.. but i don't really mind i like the unis i've applied to
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    oh its because i wasn't planning on doing economics at uni so i only did standard level mathematics.. but I took it for higher level and then I realised I loved it and wanted to do it at uni.. Only LSE/ Oxbridge/ UCL and Warwick ask for higher level maths.. so though I have good grades I couldn't apply there.. but i don't really mind i like the unis i've applied to
    That's great, yea it happened to some people at my school too. Personally, I was never aware of universities requiring HL math for economics until last August when I was well into the 2nd year of IB. I took it only because I liked it. At the end of the day, I think its important that you choose subjects that you will enjoy over the 2 years or its just going to be a very long 2 years and your grades might slump too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    Wish my offer from Surrey was ABB!

I was so surprised by the offer. If I've got one with pretty crap subjects, I'm sure you can get it with three very respectable ones! Best of luck!
    Fingers crossed, hate playing this silly waiting game. But then again I'd say the personal statement is valued far more than grades... Not entirely sure how good mine was :s

Ahh, only time will tell! Deadline is tomorrow, do you think replies will start flooding through very quickly after it?

ReputationRep:
    My friend got an offer from Nottingham on January 13th actually. She was predicted 42 points and got an offer for 34 with no subject specific requirements!
    That's interesting because they said they wouldn't give any out till after the deadline. Is she applying for straight economics and I take it she's not international?

ReputationRep:
    I have conditional offers from Oxford, Durham and Nottingham. Still waiting on LSE and Warwick
    If you gained all offers where would you opt for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheng)
    hey! when did u get your offer? i'm still waiting to hear from warwick
    back in november
    if you're worried don't be
    just think, they haven't rejected you yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plinguu)
    back in november
    if you're worried don't be
    just think, they haven't rejected you yet
    November is past the Cambridge deadline :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.