The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinggor
I havent either... :frown:

me neither :frown:
Sorry to go off topic on this thread - but I have a question for everyone, like me, who has applied for economics commencing this year.

From checking on unistats.com, I noticed that on one of the universities I applied to, 50% graduate with a 2.2 or below. On another only 30% graudate with a 2.2 or below. Would you base your choice of uni on this? And what would be the reason for these figures, idle students or poor teaching?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1202
Original post by 04JRogers
I haven't either :/

When are these offers coming through? like now?

Me neither :frown:
Original post by accesstohe
Sorry to go off topic on this thread - but I have a question for everyone, like me, who has applied for economics commencing this year.

From checking on unistats.com, I noticed that on one of the universities I applied to, 50% graduate with a 2.2 or below. On another only 30% graudate with a 2.2 or below. Would you base your choice of uni on this? And what would be the reason for these figures, idle students or poor teaching?

I guess I would base my choice on this as well or take it into account when applying. I don't know what the reason for these figures are but you don't want to be sucked in by idle students or suffer from poor teaching so I assume the reason shouldn't matter as it will be negative either way.
Original post by n_251
Just a word of warning, if you choose to drop it then you have to inform your Unis and they may take your offer back. Since it does not effect your offer, might as well go through with it. If you get a poor grade then it won't make much of a difference.

**** sake.

Big thanks for the info, I would have been devastated by withdrawn offers.
Reply 1205
Original post by Glen_Nichols
**** sake.

Big thanks for the info, I would have been devastated by withdrawn offers.

Yeah, if you really do want to drop it then you can email your Unis asking them beforehand whether they'll take back your offer or not. I doubt they will since none of your offers depend on it but just in case.
Original post by n_251
Yeah, if you really do want to drop it then you can email your Unis asking them beforehand whether they'll take back your offer or not. I doubt they will since none of your offers depend on it but just in case.

How are you finding econ at Cambridge? Is it heavy-going? How does your first year of uni so far compare to your second year of A levels? :smile:
Reply 1207
Nottingham, economics:

AAA/AABB
Original post by Mdawg
Nottingham, economics:

AAA/AABB

congrats, when did you recieve the offer?
Reply 1209
Original post by luck STA
congrats, when did you recieve the offer?

On UCAS track around 5.30. Didn't get an email though.
Original post by Mdawg
On UCAS track around 5.30. Didn't get an email though.

You don't get am email as soon as ur track changes
Ucas seen emails at 7am ( i think) and at 6pm
so between 7 and 6 - u can only check ur track (ie it wont be on ur emails)

Different topic
HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM UCL L101 (4 yr econ course)
Original post by johndory13
You don't get am email as soon as ur track changes
Ucas seen emails at 7am ( i think) and at 6pm so between 7 and 6 - u can only check ur track (ie it wont be on ur emails)

Different topic
HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM UCL L101 (4 yr econ course)

I got a UCAS status update email at 11:10 yesterday
Got an unconditional offer for Bsc Economics from the University of Warwick. That completes my 5!! :biggrin:

I have a conditional from UCL and an unconditional from Bristol as well. Rejections from LSE and Oxford.
If I don't meet my conditions for UCL, I am really confused as to whether to go to Warwick or not!! :frown:
Original post by shubham_ag
Got an unconditional offer for Bsc Economics from the University of Warwick. That completes my 5!! :biggrin:

I have a conditional from UCL and an unconditional from Bristol as well. Rejections from LSE and Oxford.
If I don't meet my conditions for UCL, I am really confused as to whether to go to Warwick or not!! :frown:

I think that Warwick is above UCL in the league tables for Economics and is a very respected university. While UCL is situated better, I would not refuse Warwick Economics because it doesnt have the same ring as UCL. It is actually very good
Original post by therockandsock
I think that Warwick is above UCL in the league tables for Economics and is a very respected university. While UCL is situated better, I would not refuse Warwick Economics because it doesnt have the same ring as UCL. It is actually very good

Since I am international student, would they be the same in terms of finding a job after graduation? Plus for doing an MBA later from an Ivy League ??"
Reply 1215

Why wouldn't you?
Original post by Firaila
Why wouldn't you?

umm. Maybe because people generally don't consider Warwick in the same league as UCL !!
Reply 1217
umm. Maybe because people generally don't consider Warwick in the same league as UCL !!

It's still quality though isn't it

If you don't meet a UCL offer, why would you reject the next best thing :confused:
Has anyone not got an offer from nottingham for l100 bsc economics
Original post by shay_5293
Has anyone not got an offer from nottingham for l100 bsc economics

Most people started to get theirs y-day- im still waiting for a response

Latest

Trending

Trending