The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by Ramin Gorji
Well my grades sort of limited my application to universties. I got AAAB at AS predicted A*A*AAA in maths economics further maths biology and general studies. Ive got offers fro surrey lancaster and York, i got rejected by birmingham a few days ago so its not lookig hjopeful with Nottingham especialy seeing you get rejected. Congratulations with Durham though :smile:

oh thank you :smile: no i'm sure you'll get an offer your grades are great! a friend of mine had a lower prediction than me and got an offer! Birmingham rejected whilst york took you which shows that its not all about grades.. york's really good. I applied there too i would love to have it as an insurance.. but obviously i don't want to even consider not getting my grades and i will do everything to get Durham :smile: Good luck!
Original post by mlsdbk
oh thank you :smile: no i'm sure you'll get an offer your grades are great! a friend of mine had a lower prediction than me and got an offer! Birmingham rejected whilst york took you which shows that its not all about grades.. york's really good. I applied there too i would love to have it as an insurance.. but obviously i don't want to even consider not getting my grades and i will do everything to get Durham :smile: Good luck!

Thank You! Good luck to you too! :smile:
Rejected from Nottingham

I got an email from ucas but couldn't check track, so I went onto their portal, that was depressing...
I'm kind of confused because I've seen people with worse results getting offers from them and I got an offer from Durham, except I kind of wanted to go to Nottingham.
Durham- Firm (A in Economics)
Nottingham- insurance (unconditional)

What do you guys think??
Reply 1324
Original post by simonc1993
Rejected from Nottingham

I got an email from ucas but couldn't check track, so I went onto their portal, that was depressing...
I'm kind of confused because I've seen people with worse results getting offers from them and I got an offer from Durham, except I kind of wanted to go to Nottingham.

haha omg same! my friends with worst results got an offer but i got rejected.. and i also got an offer from durham :smile: but i am soo happy i love durham its amazing i never wanted to go to notts i just wanted it as an insurance :smile: you'll love durham! what college are you at? plus its so much better than notts in every way..
Is anyone still waiting for replies from notts, bath warwick or ucl
Original post by shay_5293

Yeah im waiting for Notts I think ive survived the first round of rejection. Hopefully they have seen something in me haha :P
Original post by Ramin Gorji
Yeah im waiting for Notts I think ive survived the first round of rejection. Hopefully they have seen something in me haha :P

Yh looks that way with me too lol. Its just that i know a few ppl who have got accepted, so i thought that maybe they werent going to take many more ppl, but like i said lets wait and see what happens
Rejected from Nottingham too :/ so Firmed Bristol and Insured Surrey wooo
Reply 1329
Unconditional from Manchester, rejection form Exeter and waiting on Notts, York and Sheffield.
Original post by mlsdbk
haha omg same! my friends with worst results got an offer but i got rejected.. and i also got an offer from durham :smile: but i am soo happy i love durham its amazing i never wanted to go to notts i just wanted it as an insurance :smile: you'll love durham! what college are you at? plus its so much better than notts in every way..

Haha, I was planning to go for the risky AAA back up of Nottingham too! So weird, I'm going to ask them for a reason when UCAS is working again. I think Nottingham are really big on A*s at GCSE though, and I only got 4....It's annoying though because York will be my back up now and I really don't fancy going there...
I'm at St Marys, which I kind of regret applying to in hindsight as I just put down a random college, not really expecting an offer, I don't think I would've got into the more competitive ones though. How about you?
I'm still waiting (unhopefully) on Bath though, so there's a chance I might firm there. Are you going on one of the March open days?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1331
Haha, I was planning to go for the risky AAA back up of Nottingham too! So weird, I'm going to ask them for a reason when UCAS is working again. I think Nottingham are really big on A*s at GCSE though, and I only got 4....It's annoying though because York will be my back up now and I really don't fancy going there...
I'm at St Marys, which I kind of regret applying to in hindsight as I just put down a random college, not really expecting an offer, I don't think I would've got into the more competitive ones though. How about you?
I'm still waiting (unhopefully) on Bath though, so there's a chance I might firm there. Are you going on one of the March open days?

yep i am going to the open day in March which i am soo excited for! :smile: i got put in st. Aidans but i dont mind it looks really fun.. i just LOVE durham tbh! St. Mary's is supposed to be really great my friend is going there and her brother is there now he loves it.. good luck with everything! oh and btw colleges don't effect your chance the department decides and then a college.. the college os only for accommodation :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1332

still waiting from warwick. they're taking ages!
Original post by mlsdbk
yep i am going to the open day in March which i am soo excited for! :smile: i got put in st. Aidans but i dont mind it looks really fun.. i just LOVE durham tbh! St. Mary's is supposed to be really great my friend is going there and her brother is there now he loves it.. good luck with everything! oh and btw colleges don't effect your chance the department decides and then a college.. the college os only for accommodation :smile:

Yeah, I knew that but I applied to one I liked the look of and knew it wasn't as competitive so I'd get into one that I'd like to go to, if that makes sense? But I hadn't really researched them properly anyway, I just used the prospectus as a quick guide when filling in my UCAS form.
I'm kind of looking forward to Durham, but I can imagine me really not fitting in there if the whole 'Rah' public school stereotype is really true. I come from a state school background, I don't wear Jack Wills or any other really expensive designer stuff and I'm a member of the Labour Party, I can imagine really not slotting in very well!!

My friend got an offer for l100 and he only had 3A*s at Gcses
And he got AABB at AS
And he got AABB at AS

That makes me feel a lot better :frown:
I can't imagine it was my personal statement though as I imagined my grades were on the lower band for Durham applicants, therefore, my personal statement must have clinched me the offer there? I presumed...
I'm just confused.com now:s-smilie:
That makes me feel a lot better :frown:
I can't imagine it was my personal statement though as I imagined my grades were on the lower band for Durham applicants, therefore, my personal statement must have clinched me the offer there? I presumed...
I'm just confused.com now:s-smilie:

lol dont kill the messenger! I am still waiting on notts and i got 4A*6A at gcse
And AAAA at As level

Still havent heard from them
Reply 1337
Yeah, I knew that but I applied to one I liked the look of and knew it wasn't as competitive so I'd get into one that I'd like to go to, if that makes sense? But I hadn't really researched them properly anyway, I just used the prospectus as a quick guide when filling in my UCAS form.
I'm kind of looking forward to Durham, but I can imagine me really not fitting in there if the whole 'Rah' public school stereotype is really true. I come from a state school background, I don't wear Jack Wills or any other really expensive designer stuff and I'm a member of the Labour Party, I can imagine really not slotting in very well!!

oh no don't think that at all.. you will have people like that everywhere and i know so many state school friends who go to durham and love it.. they also say the stereotype is not true.. plus you can avoid those few who will be at every uni anyway :smile: Durham's amazing i promise i love it! :smile: go and see it on the open day..
Reply 1338
And he got AABB at AS[/QUO

I'm still waiting for Notts too. Not hopeful. Got rejections from Bath and Birmingham despite being predicted A*A*A and other people I know with similar predictions being accepted :s-smilie:
[QUOTE="mickeyb;29637120"]
And he got AABB at AS[/QUO

I'm still waiting for Notts too. Not hopeful. Got rejections from Bath and Birmingham despite being predicted A*A*A and other people I know with similar predictions being accepted :s-smilie:

Don't worry I got Bath and Bham rejections too with the same predictions, Birmingham have had a big rise in applicants this year

Latest

Trending

Trending