Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This university lark is strange. I know who they pick isn't solely based on grades but compared to some of you guys my grades are very average and I got accepted at notts. After looking on here I honestly though I stood no chance at getting accepted to either Bath or Notts. I was right about Bath but still. And I only got 3 A*s at GCSE so they can't care about that all that much? Although my GCSE school was pretty rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachael92)
    This university lark is strange. I know who they pick isn't solely based on grades but compared to some of you guys my grades are very average and I got accepted at notts. After looking on here I honestly though I stood no chance at getting accepted to either Bath or Notts. I was right about Notts but still.
    What I hate about the process is it's so obscure ... there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they pick people. I am going to e mail Birmingham to get feedback.
    I am praying for Notts... only have Cardiff at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickeyb)
    What I hate about the process is it's so obscure ... there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they pick people. I am going to e mail Birmingham to get feedback.
    I am praying for Notts... only have Cardiff at the moment
    I know. In a way I wish it was a bit like results day and you could just find out them all one day. Hate the waiting.
    Yeah I would. So many people seem to have applied to bham though! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shay_5293)
    lol dont kill the messenger! I am still waiting on notts and i got 4A*6A at gcse
    And AAAA at As level

Still havent heard from them
    Haha, I got 4A* 6A 2B at GCSE as well :') and 3A 2B at As
    Good luck with your Nottingham application, I'm sure you'll have gone right wherever the hell I went wrong

ReputationRep:
    still waiting on notts as well! gcses not too bad at 5A*s and 4As at AS. 3 people have applied from my school and only one has got an offer. seems i have managed to survive first wave of rejections though!

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer from Bath a few days ago for L100.

Still waiting on Warwick and LSE though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex0909)
    I got an unconditional offer from Bath a few days ago for L100.

Still waiting on Warwick and LSE though
    Congrats on Bath!! I'm still waiting on those three unis
    What are your a2 and gcses like (if you dont mind sharing them)? thanks

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from Nottingham yesterday for L100 it does seem to be a bit of a lottery especially this year! But I have offers from Exeter A*AA and York as a back up for AAB.

My GCSE's were 8A* and 2 As 1B, AS AAAAB (B in crit think) and A2 predictions of A*A*A for Maths, Economics and Chemistry.

I'm still waiting to hear from Durham and St. Andrews... has anyone heard from either of these?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpbrown)
    I got rejected from Nottingham yesterday for L100 it does seem to be a bit of a lottery especially this year! But I have offers from Exeter A*AA and York as a back up for AAB.

My GCSE's were 8A* and 2 As 1B, AS AAAAB (B in crit think) and A2 predictions of A*A*A for Maths, Economics and Chemistry.

I'm still waiting to hear from Durham and St. Andrews... has anyone heard from either of these?
    Yeah im really similar to you, Ive heard from nottingham, durham and lancaster(backup) still waiting for St Andrews x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpbrown)

u got rejected with those grades?? lol they are much better than mine, but ye it is a complete lottery as it is with many other competitive unis. Havent been rejected yet so fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    This is killing me. I havent heard from any uni except leicester. I sent my ucas off in november as well

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it, and I sent mine off in September as well.

ReputationRep:
    Need some help to decide between Durham, Nottingham and St Andrews(if i get an offer) anyone got any ideas :s

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of St Andrews, I was wondering if anybody has applied to and heard from the St Andrews L161 Financial Economics course? I've looked all over TSR and there isn't even a mention of it this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frodalod)
    Need some help to decide between Durham, Nottingham and St Andrews(if i get an offer) anyone got any ideas :s
    Oh to have the choice!
    My idea is to give one of the ones you don't want to me as I don't seem to be getting offers from anywhere!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frodalod)
    Durham definitely.. in every single way, from reputation, atmosphere, just everything! what college are you at? go to the open day you'll love it! I have an offer for econ and sooo happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlsdbk)
    Durham definitely.. in every single way, from reputation, atmosphere, just everything! what college are you at? go to the open day you'll love it! I have an offer for econ and sooo happy
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steelers)
    lol.
    Not to mention the huge city Durham is situated in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steelers)
    lol.
    Well everyone has their own opinion.. i like that its small its full of students so you know everyone when you go out and stuff.. everywhere's close.. the collegiate atmosphere was also what i was talking about.. oh and its 15mins by train from newcastle so if you want a city night out you can go there.. so um yh.. nothing to 'lol' about in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    Not to mention the huge city Durham is situated in.
    Well everyone has their own opinion.. i like that its small its full of students so you know everyone when you go out and stuff.. everywhere's close.. the collegiate atmosphere was also what i was talking about.. oh and its 15mins by train from newcastle so if you want a city night out you can go there.. so um yh.. nothing to 'lol' about in my opinion

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.