The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Original post by mlsdbk
Durham definitely.. in every single way, from reputation, atmosphere, just everything! :smile: what college are you at? go to the open day you'll love it! I have an offer for econ and sooo happy :smile:

awesome, yeh Hatfield, wat about you, where else did u apply to?
Reply 1361
got one from Warwick last Thursday :smile:
asking from A*AAA which makes me feel scary..
Reply 1362
Original post by cat.chan

Good thing you haven't taken English or English Literature to A-level.

PS congrats on the offer :smile:
Anyone still waiting on York? I sent my application off in October!!
Reply 1364
Original post by kpbrown
I got rejected from Nottingham yesterday for L100 :frown: it does seem to be a bit of a lottery especially this year! But I have offers from Exeter A*AA and York as a back up for AAB.

My GCSE's were 8A* and 2 As 1B, AS AAAAB (B in crit think) and A2 predictions of A*A*A for Maths, Economics and Chemistry.

I'm still waiting to hear from Durham and St. Andrews... has anyone heard from either of these?

So did I! I got the same gcses as you except no B and got a rejection. I'm going to enquire why..
Reply 1365
Original post by cat.chan

Congrats! What were your grades?
Original post by jim666666
Anyone still waiting on York? I sent my application off in October!!

Meee i applied in october too !!:angry:
Just been rejected for L100 at Nottingham :frown:
Reply 1368
Original post by LucyJane
Just been rejected for L100 at Nottingham :frown:

ahh man :/, i feel really harsh, i have an offer from notts but i wont be firming it as its very unlikely i will get 3A's.
SAME! just got rejection from nottingham. now heres my problem
i have two offers both of which only require 3 a levels, and im doing 5, (one already completed but grade C) and my offers are AAB and ABB, should i drop my fourth subject? or should i continue and aim for 5 a levels - even though the uni's only ask for 3?
Reply 1370
Original post by 317
So did I! I got the same gcses as you except no B and got a rejection. I'm going to enquire why..

So am I. I reckon we'll just get the standard vague reply just saying that it was highly competitive this year though..
I got rejected from Nott just now but my predicted grades exceeded their requirements, i just don't understand life!
Just got rejected from notts too for l100, the scary thing is that the other unis i picked, warwick ucl and bath are harder to get into. I have a conditional offer from leicester
just got rejected from Nottingham l100, have a Durham offer however!
A little suprised but I would have firmed Durham over it anyways, just Bath and Warwick to go :smile:
Reply 1374
I hate Nottingham, predicted A*AA, with grades which would suggest A*A*A, and 7A* at GCSE, all I have is a York offer for AAB and my only hope for another offer is from LSE, happy days.
Original post by Steynor
I hate Nottingham, predicted A*AA, with grades which would suggest A*A*A, and 7A* at GCSE, all I have is a York offer for AAB and my only hope for another offer is from LSE, happy days.

Im like you, 7A* at gcse 5A
A*A*AA predictions
offer from durham
dont get waht I did wrong but OH WELL eh

good luck :smile:1
Original post by Steynor

Exactly!

Predicted A*A*AA and im doing the AEA for maths
GCSEs 4A* 8 A
I only have Exeter - which im def not complaining since i really want to go there
Now waiting for Warwick and that will prob be another rejection. Happy days.
Original post by Whitworth92
just got rejected from Nottingham l100, have a Durham offer however!
A little suprised but I would have firmed Durham over it anyways, just Bath and Warwick to go :smile:

Join the club, Nottingham seemed to have become a little snobby this year in comparison to places like Durham (who I never thought I'd get an offer from)
Original post by luck STA
SAME! just got rejection from nottingham. now heres my problem
i have two offers both of which only require 3 a levels, and im doing 5, (one already completed but grade C) and my offers are AAB and ABB, should i drop my fourth subject? or should i continue and aim for 5 a levels - even though the uni's only ask for 3?

If you make any changes your obliged to inform UCAS, and I believe universities retain the right to withdraw your offer as your academia has changed. Universities may have given you offers on the basis of being impressed at you doing 5 A levels. Sorry Buddy, just don't put so much effort in the one you don't think you'll need.
Nottingham rejection just came throuh :rolleyes:
Nvm still have four other offers - Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield, Leicester - so its not the end of the world
It never feels nice to get a rejection though, whether you were expecting it or not

Latest

Trending

Trending