Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonc1993)
    Join the club, Nottingham seemed to have become a little snobby this year in comparison to places like Durham (who I never thought I'd get an offer from)
    ah well durham it is for me aha might see you there

ReputationRep:
    Ah, nooo. I really wanted to go to nottingham and i just got rejected!

ReputationRep:
    If you make any changes your obliged to inform UCAS, and I believe universities retain the right to withdraw your offer as your academia has changed. Universities may have given you offers on the basis of being impressed at you doing 5 A levels. Sorry Buddy, just don't put so much effort in the one you don't think you'll need.
    true say, thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!)
    Exactly!

Predicted A*A*AA and im doing the AEA for maths
    GCSEs 4A* 8 A
    I only have Exeter - which im def not complaining since i really want to go there
    Now waiting for Warwick and that will prob be another rejection. Happy days.
    It's so degrading, having to come to terms with the fact I'll probably be going to my fifth choice, I even had an interview at Cambridge so I thought I had a reasonable chance with others. So demotivating, at least my exams are over, LSE will most probably be a rejection. I was hoping for so much more. Only real hope is to get the grades, and re apply next year while at uni, then if I do get any better offers I can enjoy the higher fees. So an all round win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whitworth92)
    ah well durham it is for me aha might see you there
    haha be happy! Durham is way better than nottingham in every way! I am soo happy to have Durham i wanted it all along.. Notts was only an insurance for me.. so don't care if they reject us!

ReputationRep:
    Join the club, Nottingham seemed to have become a little snobby this year in comparison to places like Durham (who I never thought I'd get an offer from)
    Same! But haha the better happened! Wanted Durham soooo much all along.. we should be so happy are you gonna firm too? which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steynor)
    It's so degrading, having to come to terms with the fact I'll probably be going to my fifth choice, I even had an interview at Cambridge so I thought I had a reasonable chance with others. So demotivating, at least my exams are over, LSE will most probably be a rejection. I was hoping for so much more. Only real hope is to get the grades, and re apply next year while at uni, then if I do get any better offers I can enjoy the higher fees. So an all round win.
    Same, when i got an interview at Cambridge i at least thought my grades were decent enough to get me through that barrier, the interview went awful because i had no idea what they were on about but thats my fault, not my UCAS application so whatever Nott is basing this on, they just missed out on very good candidates.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for Econ L100 by Notts
    /life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlsdbk)
    haha be happy! Durham is way better than nottingham in every way! I am soo happy to have Durham i wanted it all along.. Notts was only an insurance for me.. so don't care if they reject us!
    will see u at durham, grades depending any news on ur college? any idea WHICH college its gone to?

ReputationRep:
    will see u at durham, grades depending any news on ur college? any idea WHICH college its gone to?
    yep St Aidans.. it's in my useful links fancy dress college haha really excited! Where are you at again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlsdbk)
    yep St Aidans.. it's in my useful links fancy dress college haha really excited! Where are you at again?
    oh one of my close friends is going to St. Aidans for biomedical science !

yeah collingwood =D! least formal I think, perfect (secretly keen for a gown but dont tell my friends )

ReputationRep:
    A* - Maths
    A - Physics
    A - Business

Rejection from bristol, nottingham, durham. Nottingham today.

Waiting on durham and york, chances?

(Grades from last year, reapplying)

ReputationRep:
    oh one of my close friends is going to St. Aidans for biomedical science !

yeah collingwood =D! least formal I think, perfect (secretly keen for a gown but dont tell my friends )
    haha yep Aidans is informal and fun too aaa i'm so excited.. i really want exams to be over! haha sshhh everyone has a soft side for gowns including me but i guess the fun fancy dress we have will make up for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephens)
    A* - Maths
    A - Physics
    A - Business

Rejection from bristol, nottingham, durham. Nottingham today.

Waiting on durham and york, chances?

(Grades from last year, reapplying)
    You have the same A levels as me and better grades than I could hope for, I suppose doing AS further maths has really helped me get an offer from Bristol.

I would guess you had few GCSE A*s? This might be the reason for the rejections. I think you have a good chance at york and a fair chance at Durham.

ReputationRep:
    Who here would choose nottingham over durham? and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    You have the same A levels as me and better grades than I could hope for, I suppose doing AS further maths has really helped me get an offer from Bristol.

I would guess you had few GCSE A*s? This might be the reason for the rejections. I think you have a good chance at york and a fair chance at Durham.
    Apologies, I'm waiting on warwick and got rejected from durham. But seriously, you got an offer from Bristol with lesser predictions?

Whats up with nottingham this year people?

ReputationRep:
    Apologies, I'm waiting on warwick and got rejected from durham. But seriously, you got an offer from Bristol with lesser predictions?

Whats up with nottingham this year people?
    My predictions are 3 A*s but I will struggle to hit your A*AA, which is my offer from Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    My predictions are 3 A*s but I will struggle to hit your A*AA, which is my offer from Bristol.
    You *******, give me your offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubberdam123)
    Who here would choose nottingham over durham? and why?
    I would never Durham is better in every way possible.. that's my opinion anyway and i'm sure of it why did you ask? are you having difficulty choosing?

ReputationRep:
    You *******, give me your offer.
    So what have you done in your gap year? Why didn't you do more learning i.e further maths A level or economics/history? Maybe you would have got the offers you desired then.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.