Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtudor)
    hy there

when did you apply exactly? I didn't receive anything yet from them
    october 12, long time ago x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simon_Sbk)
    Wow man, yeh this year universities are being super gay i already got A* in maths
    prdicted A* in eco, A* in fmath and B in politics an got rejected from similar uni's to you, But i guess if you go cardiff you're more likely to get 1st which is really good with them A levels!
    Yeah super gay is definitely it!
    I feel a bit better hearing you also got rejections with such high grades. At the moment it feels like it's just me an everyone gearing up to go to Durham, Bristol, notts ...
    Going on a visit day to Cardiff see whether I like the vibe. It has a v high student satisfaction rate :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonc1993)
    Ouch, that's really harsh being rejected by all those unis, with grades like that you deserve better, did you put down your UMS scores on UCAS or just the grades? Because if they're rejecting you in the knowledge you averaged 96% in your AS results then that's just weird :/
    Yeah that's what I thought .. just weird. Have e mailed to try and get some answers about what was missing - maybe PS wasn't as goos as I thought :confused:
    I didn't quote UMS and unfortunately college people didn't find a way to sneak them into the reference, so I think they missed a trick there. I have quoted them on my e mails just to see if it makes any difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Booshak)
    I seriously cannot believe that (saw your predicted grades). Uni's are so retarded. Are you going to go to Cardiff? And did you go for interview at Oxford?
    Yeah not just retarded .. also so random!! Someone in my Economics group, same predicted grades, lower UMS has offers from Bath and Birmingham

I don't know about Cardiff .. it was a real back up plan. The Business School there gets really high research ratings ...
    my only other option is to reapply next year and take the hit on the tuition fees .. but if I couldn't get offers with these predicted grades I don't know what it's going to take ...

ReputationRep:
    Ok... should i withdraw my application from durham and just take Oxford as my firm and York as my insurance?

Oxford AAA
    Exeter A*AA
    Bath A*AA
    York AAB
    Durhan - still waiting.

i guess the odds of durham giving me an AAB offer is zero.

has anyone had offers from durham yet? i don't want to wait too much longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALIHISGREAT)
    Ok... should i withdraw my application from durham and just take Oxford as my firm and York as my insurance?

Oxford AAA
    Exeter A*AA
    Bath A*AA
    York AAB
    Durhan - still waiting.

i guess the odds of durham giving me an AAB offer is zero.

has anyone had offers from durham yet? i don't want to wait too much longer.
    Academics? x

ReputationRep:
    Just for people who applied to Bath and got rejected, they seem to have stuck by what they said on their open day that they reject people without straight A's at AS and Predictions. They replied back to me with regards to my rejection (first rejection cycle after the deadline which they said is when they would reply to me) saying the reason the admissions tutor wrote down that he rejected me was because of a B in AS, and that most offer holders will have received straight A's. It seems Bath focused on the AS grades quite heavily in their early decision making process.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from St Andrews this afternoon for Econ AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickeyb)
    Yeah not just retarded .. also so random!! Someone in my Economics group, same predicted grades, lower UMS has offers from Bath and Birmingham

I don't know about Cardiff .. it was a real back up plan. The Business School there gets really high research ratings ...
    my only other option is to reapply next year and take the hit on the tuition fees .. but if I couldn't get offers with these predicted grades I don't know what it's going to take ...
    Hmm its a toughie to be honest. I guess it depends on how much you love Cardiff? Because if you applied next year with your awesome grades AND already have your A*A*A* or whatever A-Levels, you would probably (definately?) get a few unconditionals...you could also have another go at Oxford, you would be garuanteed an interview with a good TSA and uni's like it when people reapply.

What are you feeling about a gap year? The fees are also an issue... I seriously cannot believe you didn't get some more offers... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GSAA)
    I got an offer for RHUL with average grade requirements just a little bit above what I expect to achieve. I've also applied to QMUL, Kingston, Greenwich and City University London, is it fair to think that I'll get at least one realistic conditional offer from these institutions? Are any of these considerably easier to join (in terms of requirements) than RHUL?
    Hi, do u mind telling me what the offer was and what you are predicted in your subjects?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitronaldo)
    That's a nice set of offers you have there! May I ask what you plan on firming and what would be your insurance?
    Cambridge firm but i don't know which i will use as my insurance. Depends on grades from January Modules. If i do well then my insurance will be LSE as the offer includes my grade in physics and so I could be in a situation of needing quite low marks in the summer to meet that offer. If not Nottingham, purely on job prospects compared with Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesnowman)
    Just for people who applied to Bath and got rejected, they seem to have stuck by what they said on their open day that they reject people without straight A's at AS and Predictions. They replied back to me with regards to my rejection (first rejection cycle after the deadline which they said is when they would reply to me) saying the reason the admissions tutor wrote down that he rejected me was because of a B in AS, and that most offer holders will have received straight A's. It seems Bath focused on the AS grades quite heavily in their early decision making process.
    I got a B at AS and still got an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEWAYIAM)
    I got a B at AS and still got an offer.
    What subject was the B in? and was this carried on to A2, and still stated the grade rather than leaving it as pending? Well done for getting the offer though. They did say in the e-mail that most offer holders had straight A's at AS and A predictions, so you seem to be in the minority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    What do they mean your language requirement was not good enough?
    As my previous IELTS grade is 6.5 and they want a 7.0

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer

Economics
    Birmingham University
    AAB

ReputationRep:
    offer for birmingham, AAB
    so happy, its my first choice, finally after 3 rejections in a row!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Birmingham toooo.

First offer at last, just had one rejection from Notts so far (like everyone else it seems, ha).. Don't mind too much about the responses from the other unis now - I'm going to uni, haha.

ReputationRep:
    ahh man still no birmingham offer, looks like im gonna get rejected after another batch of offers.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Birmingham!
    It's my first choice so i'm pretty happy
    Anyone else firming birmingham??

ReputationRep:
    AAB offer from birmingham

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.