Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im considering it.
    can anyone sell it to me please? lol

ReputationRep:
    wow, looks like Birmingham did a lot of offers today.

AAB conditional from Birmingham - my first offer. to be honest i'm completely surprised since my application was sent off at the start of January but yeah.. just so, so happy right now.

ReputationRep:
    yeh looks like birminghams economics department are quite active in the offers past few days, i got mine yesterday final offer needed which took like a month longer than my 2nd last lol

ReputationRep:
    looks like i'm the only one w/o a bham offer aha, i'll probably hear in the next batch of rejections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wezzler)
    looks like i'm the only one w/o a bham offer aha, i'll probably hear in the next batch of rejections.
    nope, i still haven't heard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesnowman)
    What subject was the B in? and was this carried on to A2, and still stated the grade rather than leaving it as pending? Well done for getting the offer though. They did say in the e-mail that most offer holders had straight A's at AS and A predictions, so you seem to be in the minority.
    The B was in AS French, I did drop it and yes I stated it on UCAS rather than leave it as pending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEWAYIAM)
    The B was in AS French, I did drop it and yes I stated it on UCAS rather than leave it as pending.
    SHET, I got a B in politics and continued it onto A level, Still aint heard back from Bath hopping to get offer but this looks worrying (Politics is my forth A level) any ideas on whether they still disadvantage?

ReputationRep:
    How long do warwick usually take?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubberdam123)
    How long do warwick usually take?!?
    Forever and I'm not joking.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im new to all of this
    I am in my gap year and applied to study Economics having achieved ABB (Maths, Chemistry, Biology) but resitting some modules to improve my grades due to family issues in my last yr of A levels.

Anyway, my friend who went to the same school as me got AAAB in maths, chem, bio and law and is also in a gap year.
    So far my friend has been rejected by Bristol, Nottingham, UCL and LSE, still awaiting a response from Warwick.
    My friend's plan for the Gap year was laid out in their personal statement, which included work experience at Morgan Stanley and learning a new language as well as several other things which I wont go into detail now.

The thing is I got ABB and managed to get an offer of AAA from Nottingham, as I am resitting exams in this gap year which is technically my third year of A levels. I just dont get how could I get an offer given that my gap year plan was to redo exams when someone with AAAB gets rejected even though in their gap year they r doing something a lot more productive than I am.

Is this right? Is it normal? I personally feel really outraged by how unfair these decisions have been? All in all is there a way to compain about this, would a decision be reconsidered in a situation like this? How can someone less qualified get an offer and someone with better grades get rejected??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEWAYIAM)
    Then that is probably why, on the open day they implied that they trust your AS's a lot more than predicted grades, and that your chances are slim if you didn't get A's in the subjects you do to A2. My B in Eco was not only an A2, but in the subject I wanted to study at uni, so that probably played a factor too

(Original post by Simon_Sbk)
    SHET, I got a B in politics and continued it onto A level, Still aint heard back from Bath hopping to get offer but this looks worrying (Politics is my forth A level) any ideas on whether they still disadvantage?
    If its one of 4 A levels I doubt it would matter as much, because you suggest that you have 3 other AS's at A grade - and considering you still haven't heard back I wouldn't be worried

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough AAB

I like the course, but the % coming out with 2:1's worry me

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional to Exeter. So happy!

ReputationRep:
    Politics and Economics
    Keele University
    Unconditional

ReputationRep:
    Bath? Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelic03)
    Bath? Anyone?
    Waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    Waiting
    me too..

ReputationRep:
    me too..
    Samee. Anyone got any idea when they're going to make the rest of there decisions? Anyone else still waiting on Bristol aswell?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Durham or Edinburgh? They're the only 2 I've got to hear from, just wondering how long they take

ReputationRep:
    Bath? Anyone?
    Nah, I don't really like baths... much prefer a shower to be honest.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.