Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    LSE: unsuccessful
    york: unconditional
    UCL: unconditional
    bath: pending
    warwick: pending

I'm an overseas applicant. took the A levels'.
    Grades: AAAB (got the B for physics)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freeloadx)
    LSE: unsuccessful
    york: unconditional
    UCL: unconditional
    bath: pending
    warwick: pending
    Grades? AS/gcse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misterb123)
    cool that would be quite useful for me as i do want to enter the markets after. Thanks for the tip
    Any reason you didn't choose Finance & Investment Banking at Reading then lol, fell in love with the course the minute i heard about it haha
    check my sig mate

ReputationRep:
    anyone waiting on york?! hurry up yorkkkkkkkkk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshnit)
    Any reason you didn't choose Finance & Investment Banking at Reading then lol, fell in love with the course the minute i heard about it haha
    check my sig mate
    lol mate i really wanted to but im looking to go into S&T at some point which is why i thought that Economics bsc would be a better choice becuase it would alllow me to see how different things can have an effect on the economy and therefore the effect on price of securities, commodities and all that stuff lol

But then after i applied i saw the trading simulation modules and derivative securities modules and thought crappppppp:P lol i might see you there haha

ReputationRep:
    lol mate i really wanted to but im looking to go into S&T at some point which is why i thought that Economics bsc would be a better choice becuase it would alllow me to see how different things can have an effect on the economy and therefore the effect on price of securities, commodities and all that stuff lol

But then after i applied i saw the trading simulation modules and derivative securities modules and thought crappppppp:P lol i might see you there haha
    Yeh i thought that until a friend showed me the course, and then i went to the taster course day for it and realised there were alot of modules based about S&T of different types of derivatives, and has the trading simulation modules, i had a go at the trading simulation (was a like hour long mini competition, who can make the most profit hah) was so much fun, having the ticker prices streaming the live "game" prices, the trading platform all realistic and the phone ringing offering you deals etc
    Yeh may see you at Reading I'm most likely going to firm it, maybe try and get a transfer once you get to reading, or just take some of the finance modules in the option modules for economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshnit)
    Yeh i thought that until a friend showed me the course, and then i went to the taster course day for it and realised there were alot of modules based about S&T of different types of derivatives, and has the trading simulation modules, i had a go at the trading simulation (was a like hour long mini competition, who can make the most profit hah) was so much fun, having the ticker prices streaming the live "game" prices, the trading platform all realistic and the phone ringing offering you deals etc
    Yeh may see you at Reading I'm probs going to firm it
    Lol i feel jealous now ¬¬
    I might have to have a look at transfering courses if i get in...:P
    I've firmed it and kept brunel as my insurance... Lets see whos going to make more money hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Lol i feel jealous now ¬¬
    I might have to have a look at transfering courses if i get in...:P
    I've firmed it and kept brunel as my insurance... Lets see whos going to make more money hahahaha
    Haha you're on, we should join the Investment Society ran by ICMA Bsc students Check http://www.icmacentre.ac.uk/ go into the bsc section

I've got a post offer applicant day on 5th of march, got the timetable a few days ago, which says it has a dealing room session with a prize, so i think ill be gunning for that prize whatever it is, having used it once before im hoping i will do well again, i came like 5th last time with a 300M+ profit lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pete.mcfc)
    anyone waiting on york?! hurry up yorkkkkkkkkk!
    i am waiting on york honestly they are taking forever i am still waiting on two others as well hope they aren't rejections!

ReputationRep:
    I have offers for L100 from Birmingham and southampton, no idea which to firm. They both vary a lot in the league tables, any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    What's York like? I've an AAB offer and am thinking of insurance-ing it depending on what Edinburgh say. Trouble is I haven't been able to get to a single open day and so am absolutely clueless! Any help would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.nk)
    What's York like? I've an AAB offer and am thinking of insurance-ing it depending on what Edinburgh say. Trouble is I haven't been able to get to a single open day and so am absolutely clueless! Any help would be great
    Hey, i hear you applied to edinburgh aswell. Can i ask you what are you predicted?

oh and also york is a good uni, the place is not bad either

ReputationRep:
    UCL- pending
    Warwick- pending
    Exeter - AAA
    Nottingham - AAB
    Bath - A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gashh)
    UCL- pending
    Warwick- pending
    Exeter - AAA
    Nottingham - AAB
    Bath - A*AA
    Hey, can I ask why you didn't apply to oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    Hey, can I ask why you didn't apply to oxbridge?
    I got predicted AAAA and I thought I was not good enough.

To what unis did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gashh)

Bath Bristol Notts Warwick Surrey

AAAB AS levels, weak subjects, so I decided against oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    Surrey offer for Economics and Finance, AAB. Average GCSEs and AS level results. Predicted A* A A

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected by Warwick.. Typical, ha. Ah well, was to be expected after being rejected by Notts last week.

ReputationRep:
    If your still waiting on a university and loads of people have already had offers and rejections (ie. Bath.) Does this mean that they're waiting for people to respond first, and if they get enough declines, then they'll give out a few more offers and if not, rejections?
    Just a little hypothesis as I can't understand why universities give out a load of offers and rejections in the week after the deadline, and then wait for ages before anyone hears from them again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gashh)

really? What were your GCSE results like?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 25, 2011

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.