The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
cambridge - rejection
durham - ...
bristol - AAA
bath - A*AA in eco and maths
notts - rejection

anyone other home students waiting to hear from durham still?
Reply 1821
Here's my situation:

Cambridge (Trinity College) - offer (A*AA)
Durham - offer (AAA)
Warwick - still waiting
Nottingham - offer (AAA or AABB)
Birmingham - offer (AAB)

Obviously Cambridge is going to be my firm choice but I'm struggling to decide on an insurance choice. Some people have said that I should choose Birmingham on the basis that a lot of graduates get their first job in the city where they went to uni, and it would probably be easier to get a good job in Birmingham than in Nottingham or Durham after graduating, since it's a much bigger city. I'm not thoroughly convinced by that argument though, and in any case, I can't help thinking that Durham and Nottingham are better universities than Birmingham for economics. Any thoughts?
Original post by Simon_Sbk
Aww dw where else have u applied?

Well, so far I have been rejected by UCL, Warwick and Notts.. But got an offer of AAB for Birmingham, so probably end up there! Haven't heard from Bath yet.. Seems a bit late to get an offer now though, haha. How do your offers/rejections stand so far?
Original post by AG13
Here's my situation:

Durham - offer (AAA)
Warwick - still waiting
Birmingham - offer (AAB)

Obviously Cambridge is going to be my firm choice but I'm struggling to decide on an insurance choice. Some people have said that I should choose Birmingham on the basis that a lot of graduates get their first job in the city where they went to uni, and it would probably be easier to get a good job in Birmingham than in Nottingham or Durham after graduating, since it's a much bigger city. I'm not thoroughly convinced by that argument though, and in any case, I can't help thinking that Durham and Nottingham are better universities than Birmingham for economics. Any thoughts?

That's amazing, congrats! I'd go for Notts, only because so many people have been rejected by them this year (including me), so it's pretty great to have got in. Just out of interest, what are you predicted?
Reply 1824
And after all of that waiting....UCL rejection. Nice.
Reply 1825
Original post by ellie_velvet
That's amazing, congrats! I'd go for Notts, only because so many people have been rejected by them this year (including me), so it's pretty great to have got in. Just out of interest, what are you predicted?

Thanks for the advice - I'm feeling pretty lucky to have received an offer from Nottingham given how many people on TSR with really good GCSE grades and A level predictions have been rejected.

My predicted grades are:
Maths A*
Further Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Sociology A*
General Studies A
Reply 1826
Edinburgh rejection
Well, so far I have been rejected by UCL, Warwick and Notts.. But got an offer of AAB for Birmingham, so probably end up there! Haven't heard from Bath yet.. Seems a bit late to get an offer now though, haha. How do your offers/rejections stand so far?

Got rejected from UCL, Bath and nottigham. Offer from southampton and Manchester so have to decide among them but its very hard seeing as there rankings are pretty similar so gona be down to student life. And good luck on Bath
Got rejected from UCL, Bath and nottigham. Offer from southampton and Manchester so have to decide among them but its very hard seeing as there rankings are pretty similar so gona be down to student life. And good luck on Bath

I'd probably choose Manchester. Although I don't actually even have a reason for that choice, so probably don't take my advice.. Just seems like a cooler city, haha. I imagine it having a pretty good nightlife, and I think it has a decent music scene too. What are you predicted? Just trying to figure out my chances of an offer from Bath..

Offer from Southampton
Just waiting on York for pure econ and St Andrews for Financial econ. The wait is killing me.
Original post by zaina94

Original post by zaina94
Well done!
That's amazinggg! :biggrin:

Out of interest what were your GCSE grades?

They weren't very good...
Original post by tomdixey
cambridge - rejection
durham - ...
bristol - AAA
bath - A*AA in eco and maths
notts - rejection
predicted 5 A*s.

any home students waiting to hear from durham still?

There seems to be something odd about Nottingham this year in that they're rejcting really great candidates and giving offers to pretty good candidates.
I'm not saying I was a great candidate by the way, I thought I was in the 'pretty good' section, still got rejected. Do you reckon they may have suspected you were applying to an Oxbrdige uni?
Well done on your Bath offer anyway :smile:
Reply 1833
Original post by simonc1993
There seems to be something odd about Nottingham this year in that they're rejcting really great candidates and giving offers to pretty good candidates.
I'm not saying I was a great candidate by the way, I thought I was in the 'pretty good' section, still got rejected. Do you reckon they may have suspected you were applying to an Oxbrdige uni?

Well, your thinking on the rise of tuition fees is still flawed, so yeah...
Original post by TomasK
Well, your thinking on the rise of tuition fees is still flawed, so yeah...

How's that relevant to my comment you just quoted?
Reply 1835
How's that relevant to my comment you just quoted?

Nah, just sayin'
Reply 1836
Original post by AG13
Here's my situation:

Durham - offer (AAA)
Warwick - still waiting
Birmingham - offer (AAB)

Choose either Durham or Nottingham :smile:

wow, your UCAS is quite similar to mine, we both got offers from durham and york. I still havent got other offers so that now worries me since you got rejected and we are similar(?) or not?

anyway, hope to see you at durham if i get rejected to all
Reply 1838
Very true, I thought once we get into university money would no longer be an object which holds back some from competing with those with an unfair advantage but as we have clearly seen again, International student who are going to pay more get in some of which have an academic record which UCAS does not recognise. Just proves that whoever says money is not an object is a FOOL!

Yup, it just shows how universities are just a business and education is secondary to them.
Reply 1839
Original post by ftm92
Edinburgh rejection

hey, what are you predicted? if you dont mind me asking

Latest

Trending

Trending