Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If i get an offer from Durham to study economics should i take it.
    or should i reapply next year for the top 5, i am most likely to get
    maths A*
    economics A*/A
    physics A*/A
    chemistry A

i plan on doing msc at lse,oxbridge, warwick, or ucl. and durham is a ba in economics, so i am not sure if i would get accepted for an msc. besides i have heard durham economics is not that mathematical.

any advice ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbue)
    And after all of that waiting....UCL rejection. Nice.
    sameee =( i've waited like how long?```` 3 months!!!!! and they gave me a rejection as well, saying that my grades werent high enough!!!!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kazaf)
    sameee =( i've waited like how long?```` 3 months!!!!! and they gave me a rejection as well, saying that my grades werent high enough!!!!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ;(
    Makes me not feel so bad for getting a rejection from them like one month after i submitted UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonc1993)
    There seems to be something odd about Nottingham this year in that they're rejcting really great candidates and giving offers to pretty good candidates.
    I'm not saying I was a great candidate by the way, I thought I was in the 'pretty good' section, still got rejected. Do you reckon they may have suspected you were applying to an Oxbrdige uni?
    Well done on your Bath offer anyway
    yeh thats what i think. i am predicted 5 A*s, am a school monitor, academic scholar, very sporty, and have done loads of work experience in the city.
    i just have fingers crossed for durham tho'. bath just feels like a block of concrete tbh. but i cant complain too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_velvet)
    I'd probably choose Manchester. Although I don't actually even have a reason for that choice, so probably don't take my advice.. Just seems like a cooler city, haha. I imagine it having a pretty good nightlife, and I think it has a decent music scene too. What are you predicted? Just trying to figure out my chances of an offer from Bath..
    I have already attained A* in Maths A level
    Fmath: A*
    Econonomics: A*
    Politics: B

(wouldnt worry too much My GCSE are not very good and thats the reason i have been getting rejected.)
    P.S thanks for the advise

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham: AAB
    Birmingham: AAB
    UCL: pending
    Warwick: pending
    LSE : unsuccessful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trece13)
    hey, what are you predicted? if you dont mind me asking
    i can't help you with this because i'm a student from greece,so i sent my application according to my apolytirion.The only thing i can say to you is that the entry requirments for Greek students were an overall score 18,5-19/20 and although i had 19 i was rejected :/
    the competition is fierce i guess.i hope you'll get an offer at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kazaf)

(Original post by LethalResistant)
    Makes me not feel so bad for getting a rejection from them like one month after i submitted UCAS.
    omgomgomgomgomg....
    that means i will probably get rejection as well???.../..................... :'(
    Im only waiting for UCL eagerly. I want UCL the most...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Simon_Sbk)

(wouldnt worry too much My GCSE are not very good and thats the reason i have been getting rejected.)
    Do you mind me asking what your GCSE's are like? I'll be in a similar situation to you next year and don't want to apply to unis I have no chance at :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    Do you mind me asking what your GCSE's are like? I'll be in a similar situation to you next year and don't want to apply to unis I have no chance at :/
    3 A*, 4 A's, 3 b's and a D (dont ask lol)

ReputationRep:

i will be in your exact position next year except with A's in physics and chemistry instead of politics (hopefully).

can i know where you applied and where you were rejected, my gcses are similar to urs : 3A* 5A 2C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economyst)
    i will be in your exact position next year except with A's in physics and chemistry instead of politics (hopefully).

can i know where you applied and where you were rejected, my gcses are similar to urs : 3A* 5A 2C
    UCL: rejected (GCSE reason)
    Bath: rejected (Prob GCSE)
    Nottigham:rejected (GCSE reason)
    Manchester: AB
    Southampton: AB

ReputationRep:
    UCL: rejected (GCSE reason)
    Bath: rejected (Prob GCSE)
    Nottigham:rejected (GCSE reason)
    Manchester: AB
    Southampton: AB
    GCSE reason? harsh...

Mine aren't any better than yours yet I want to apply to same uni's next year :/
    4 A*'s 6 A's 2 B's

I was thinking of retaking maths gcse to get an A* as well to just up to 5A*'s! Seems kind of stupid though considering I am doing FM's >.>

ReputationRep:
    Some of you guys seem blame it on GCSEs do none of think your personal statements were in anyway weak, since you can have A*A*A but could well be boring as hell with no character and if all you do is study then there's no doubt you'll excel in curricular (or at least not express any in your personal statement), I'm sure universities look beyond just the academics (although i do believe oxbridge only judge you on academics alone). However if a uni has outright said we rejected you due to lack of excellence in GCSEs I'm sorry :\

EDIT: why neg rep me for expressing a valid truth? great...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshnit)
    Some of you guys seem blame it on GCSEs do none of think your personal statements were in anyway weak, since you can have A*A*A but could well be boring as hell with no character and if all you do is study then there's no doubt you'll excel in curricular (or at least not express any in your personal statement), I'm sure universities look beyond just the academics (although i do believe oxbridge only judge you on academics alone). However if a uni has outright said we rejected you due to lack of excellence in GCSEs I'm sorry :\

EDIT: why neg rep me for expressing a valid truth? great...
    Well I did call them up and the reapeated reason was "Lack of GCSE" the only reason i applied to UCL was in hope of getting an Interview to bring out my real charecter, I also have refrenced a manager in the Bank of America who to this date is still in contact with me because of my "lack of charecter"!

ReputationRep:
    Well I did call them up and the reapeated reason was "Lack of GCSE" the only reason i applied to UCL was in hope of getting an Interview to bring out my real charecter, I also have refrenced a manager in the Bank of America who to this date is still in contact with me because of my "lack of charecter"!
    I don't think they do interviews for Economics at all.

ReputationRep:
    You may not lack it, but point was did you convey it through your personal statement, and mate dw if that managers influential enough in BoA, and your still in contact in 3 years time, I'm sure you got a job secured in one way or another

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one still waiting on leeds!?! starting to feel like they've forgotten me!

ReputationRep:
    4a* maths physics Chem and Eco. Think I will get into top 5 ?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone hear from York? I have been waiting sooo long -_-

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 25, 2011

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.