Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ///

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishanchauhan)
    hi,

is it, in any way, possible to do move to another university as a postgraduate after one year of law at a different university?

thanks,
    krish
    You need to do an undergraduate degree before you do a postgraduate one. Having said that, you can move places during your degree; that is, usually during an undergraduate degree or a PhD as they obviously both last at least three years full-time, which makes it more feasible to move around. People do not usually bother unless there are exceptional circumstances, however.

I hope this answers your question as it was not that clear what you were asking to be honest.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'd say it's very rare to change where you are studying mid-degree, but fairly common to move to a different university for your postgrad.

ReputationRep:
    I changed universities during my undergraduate degree. If that is what you need information on please ask.

ReputationRep:
    ///

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishanchauhan)
    Thanks for the reply guys. I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner.

That's exactly what I meant, yes. I'm in my first year doing LLB Law and want to transfer to a different university. I'm at this university (UEL) through clearing but was also offered a place at Birkbeck, UoL to study the same course at Birkbeck.

What are my options?

Thanks,
    Krish
    contact the department you want to transfer to and see what they say. Then apply for point 2 entry on UCAS.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    ///

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.