Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I left university last year around april/may, it was after my final installment, I was a first year student... I have now restarted my course at a different university, will I still be funded? I haven't had any prior funding apart from what I've mentioned... Will I have to pay anything back? I stopped attending before my final courwork was due in.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yep you'll have to pay that back. It will gather a ton of interest while you're doing your next course. I have the same!
    And yes you will get funding again. You can get a maximum of four year's worth.

ReputationRep:
    Phone them and ask....

x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I thought you could get four years of funding before having to repay? Call SF and ask

ReputationRep:
    You will have to repay everything you've borrowed.

Four years funding before you have to repay anything would be brilliant considering most people only take three! Free university for all! You'll have to start repaying your loans when you earn over £15k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDI)
    Yep you'll have to pay that back. It will gather a ton of interest while you're doing your next course. I have the same!
    And yes you will get funding again. You can get a maximum of four year's worth.
    So would I get funding while I'm paying back what I got last year? Could you make it a little bit more clearer mate, thanks.

I specifically want to know the following, if i only get funding after I paid back last year loans/grants or if I get my loans/grants and pay them back last years fees while im at it, or do I only start paying back starting from the moment i'm earning 15k...

I know that I pay them back after 15k anyway once you get into work... but this has bothered me some what because of me leaving before completing last years studies.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Your loan from last year will just be added onto whatever subsequent loan you take, so you'll pay that back at the end of your new course when you'll be repaying the new loan too. It all gets lumped together to be repayed once you're earning.

Its just annoying that it gathers a poo load of interest in the meantime!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDI)
    Your loan from last year will just be added onto whatever subsequent loan you take, so you'll pay that back at the end of your new course when you'll be repaying the new loan too. It all gets lumped together to be repayed once you're earning.

Its just annoying that it gathers a poo load of interest in the meantime!
    Thanks for clearing that up mate, I thought I was screwed and not gonna get any funding at all :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.